Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1703957 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #11580 on: October 03, 2014, 11:58:01 am »

I just find it odd that Belgium finds it hard to set up a government, but is somehow able to influence the building of something as technically demanding as an electricity distribution system thousands of miles away in a "conflict hotspot".
This is a blank sig.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11581 on: October 03, 2014, 11:59:08 am »

Back to Europe then, not that things look any better there:
DNR has claimed that they finally captured all the buildings of the Donetsk airport and establishsed control over it, although they admit some Ukrainian soldiers may remain in the underground structures. A few days ago, EU threatened Russia with more sanctions should DNR take control of the airport. What do you think they will do now?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11582 on: October 03, 2014, 12:02:10 pm »

...more sanctions?

Duh.
._.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11583 on: October 03, 2014, 12:08:31 pm »

I am not calling all of them thieves. some of them might have wanted to pay, some of them have paid the PA but the PA didn't transfer the funds. whichever that is, it doesn't matter, the undeniable fact is that the israeli electricity company didn't get paid for that electric usage and if it was israeli citizens or companies, they would have shut them off completely long long time ago.

http://www.calcalist.co.il/local/articles/0,7340,L-3632680,00.html
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4493286,00.html
http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/11629/pa-refuses-pay-electricity-debt-israel/#QWlkUQ81Y9ky5HqE.97

As for that specific case:
http://maki.org.il/%D7%94%D7%A6%D7%91%D7%90-%D7%94%D7%A8%D7%A1-%D7%AA%D7%A9%D7%AA%D7%99%D7%AA-%D7%97%D7%A9%D7%9E%D7%9C-%D7%91%D7%9B%D7%A4%D7%A8-%D7%A4%D7%9C%D7%A1%D7%98%D7%99%D7%A0%D7%99-%D7%A1%D7%9E%D7%95%D7%9A-%D7%9C/

Sorry that everything is in hebrew. nobody actually seem to write about this stuff.
One of the sentences there is:
"The administration spoke person said that they destroyed it because they didn't have building permits and the infrastructure was built illegally using belgian funds and that destruction orders were given as early as 2004. (My guess, it was delayed in courts ever since)"

Yep. When you decide to provide evidence that this particular electricity network was stealing from Israeli supplies? We'll at least acknowledge that. Hell, I'll even accept a Israeli military press release about it, at least acknowledging that it was the stated reason for the destruction.

If you say that because all Palestinians are thieves because some Palestinians are thieves you are secretly an agent of the molepeople sent to sow dissension among the surface dwellers.

I have proven they don't pay for the electricity anymore as a whole. or, wait, do i need to prove that this specific network was connected to the israeli grid? of course they were connected to the israeli grid, who else would they connect to? jordan? egypt? syria? martians?

Do i need to prove that this specific village didn't pay for the electricity? i don't need to, because, again, as a whole, the PA doesn't transfer electric payments to israel anymore. it doesn't matter if this specific village paid or not, the israeli electric company didn't get the payments. they might have paid the PA and the funds went to finance Abu-mazen trips to qatar, they might have evaded payments, i don't know and nobody in israel know. what i do know is that the electric company didn't get payments for this specific electricity usage because they didn't get payments for any palestinian electricity usage.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11584 on: October 03, 2014, 12:09:55 pm »

I think I'm going to report the next person who brings up this topic.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11585 on: October 03, 2014, 12:15:24 pm »

Back to Europe then, not that things look any better there:
DNR has claimed that they finally captured all the buildings of the Donetsk airport and establishsed control over it, although they admit some Ukrainian soldiers may remain in the underground structures. A few days ago, EU threatened Russia with more sanctions should DNR take control of the airport. What do you think they will do now?

Donetsk Airport is a place of Ukrainian military glory, hundreds of enemies found their death there.

As for DNR claims... everything is possible in this world, but that is number many announcement like that.

As for what will happen should they manage to take the airport? More sanctions are possible, but I think more deep concerns are more likely. That and counterattack of Ukrainian army
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11586 on: October 03, 2014, 12:16:38 pm »

Okay fine I will make no more posts on the subject.

Funny while it lasted.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11587 on: October 03, 2014, 01:04:06 pm »

I think they kind of have a claim there.
An island a few miles off their coast administered by a nation that isn't even in the same hemisphere as them, which is now looking for oil, one of the most amazing trade goods ever?
I'd be pissed too.
It's administered by the locals. Protected by Britain. They have a claim, yet claiming an island "because it's closer" has never been more important than:
  • Who was there first.
  • Who holds sovereignty.
  • Who the natives actually wish to be a part of.
  • Who won the war.

Britain holds all of those.
As for oil, it's not their oil, it's the Falkland Island's oil. The revenue would go to helping the Falkland islanders not the Argentinian government and it's still up to contention whether they'll find any economically viable oil deposits in any case. It's still just exploratory drilling.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11588 on: October 03, 2014, 01:12:40 pm »

On what grounds?

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11589 on: October 03, 2014, 01:16:47 pm »

On what grounds?
On holy grounds obviously, considering the topic.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11590 on: October 03, 2014, 01:22:05 pm »

On what grounds?

Continuing an off-topic conversation that a significant number of people don't want in the thread.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11591 on: October 03, 2014, 01:27:08 pm »

On what grounds?
Continuing an off-topic conversation that a significant number of people don't want in the thread.
Not a good reason, considering it's not off topic at all.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11592 on: October 03, 2014, 01:34:54 pm »

>Eurothread
>Israel
>Not off-topic

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11593 on: October 03, 2014, 01:35:55 pm »

On what grounds?

stirring shit enough of a reason for you?

take this shit to another thread if you want to stir it this is not a difficult concept

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11594 on: October 03, 2014, 01:37:13 pm »

You're starting a meta-argument nobody wants about the topic nobody wants ironically, right?
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 1393