Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1713565 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #11565 on: October 03, 2014, 10:47:15 am »

So we're just going to charge headfirst into this?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11566 on: October 03, 2014, 10:48:01 am »

* LordSlowpoke shrugs

who's going to make the thread guys

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11567 on: October 03, 2014, 10:49:16 am »

Theres already a Mideast thread somewhere, why not use that?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11568 on: October 03, 2014, 11:06:49 am »

So in order to "maintain" peace, israel should allow palestinians to build without permits and provide electricity free of charge on its citizens expenses? that's not peace, that's blackmail.

So in order to maintain peace palestine should tolerate israelis using the dark magic of the lizardmen to steal the brainwaves of palestinians without compensation?  That's not peace, that's dark wizardry.

If this is going to be a "any speculation I pulled out my ass is evidence" conversation then I plan on living it to the fullest.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11569 on: October 03, 2014, 11:09:23 am »

I bet you Burning Pet is secretly a lizzerd.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11570 on: October 03, 2014, 11:14:58 am »

So in order to "maintain" peace, israel should allow palestinians to build without permits and provide electricity free of charge on its citizens expenses? that's not peace, that's blackmail.

What racist assumptions? when i am speaking about palestinians, i am not talking about israeli arabs who pay their bills, i am speaking about the East jerusalem and West bank population that as a whole don't pay their bills for a few good years now. how the system work is that they paid the PA and the PA would transfer those funds to israel. at some point, the PA stopped paying israel and a lot of palestinians stopped paying the PA.

They get free electricity. that's not an assumption, that's a fact. their debt now stands at around 1.5BN NIS. (~USD420M)
http://www.haaretz.com/business/.premium-1.583501

And Descan, please, european funds found their way to the pockets of Abu-Mazen (That's partially why he was overthrown from Gaza), Khaled Mashaal and toward buying arms from Iran and North korea. there are more than enough documented cases where arms smugglers admitted the funds for their weapons delivered for terror operations were obtained from european donations (Government and other organizations). to suggest that just because the funds came from the belgian government means everything was done legally is a fantasy and show of ignorance of how governments and politician work. what do you imagine, that the politician at question actually asked for a building permit and plan? please.

How do you know whether many of them are simply unable to rather than outright unwilling to? Also, not going to get into the argument about european funds both because I don't have any knowledge to argue about it and because like greatorder said, this just isn't going to go anywhere.

Both. the PA has a problem with collecting bills and taxes from its citizens, Mostly because they simply know they can evade tax and bills payment unharmed (This is a pandemic in the PA), so because of that, they can't pay israel what they can't collect from their citizens. there are also many who have intentionally decided to stop paying the electric bill knowing it goes to israel. there are also those who would have wanted to pay, but simply can't, yes. But does it matter? when israelis can't pay for their electricity bills, the electric company shuts them off, no matter the reason for not paying.

As if we didn't already know that things are horribly imbalanced for non-Jewish over there.

Please, this chart is full of lies and partial truths and yes, it also full of truths that are natural occurrence and not a result of racism or "apartheid".

just one example out of many: Arab do own only 3% of the privately held land and can't own more. true. shame on us. what it doesn't mention though, is that jews own less than 1.5 of the privately held land and can't own more.

More? the social walfare thingie is a complete lie. the true numbers is that 52% of the social security funds go to arabs, despite them being 20% of the population and despite them paying less than 6% of the taxes.

So in order to maintain peace palestine should tolerate israelis using the dark magic of the lizardmen to steal the brainwaves of palestinians without compensation?  That's not peace, that's dark wizardry.

If this is going to be a "any speculation I pulled out my ass is evidence" conversation then I plan on living it to the fullest.

I bet you Burning Pet is secretly a lizzerd.

This is your answers? not only you directly assault me with racism accusations and insanity remarks, you also refuse to acknowledge when you are wrong due to pure ignorance?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11571 on: October 03, 2014, 11:17:27 am »

This is your answers? not only you directly assault me with racism accusations and insanity remarks, you also refuse to acknowledge when you are wrong due to pure ignorance?

Maybe you will admit that you were wrong about everything everywhere.  Oh and you are ignorant.

Oh hey I can just insist unilaterally that I'm right too!  Neat!
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11572 on: October 03, 2014, 11:20:03 am »

Yep. When you decide to provide evidence that this particular electricity network was stealing from Israeli supplies? We'll at least acknowledge that. Hell, I'll even accept a Israeli military press release about it, at least acknowledging that it was the stated reason for the destruction.

But baseless/evidenceless accusations (which is what we were making facetiously and what you make) don't deserve acknowledgement like that.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11573 on: October 03, 2014, 11:21:44 am »

Except i provided a link that verify my statements. provide a link that states otherwise and i'll be happy to acknowledge if i was wrong.

Fact 1) Palestinians don't pay for their electric bills.

Fact 2) That specific electric grid didn't have a legit building permit
http://www.namnewsnetwork.org/v3/read.php?id=MjgzMDk2
"According to Israel, the permits were not in order, but Oxfam rejected the Israeli excuse as a "fallacy."

This specific electric grid was ordered for destruction around 2008, precisely because it didn't have building permits.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:25:41 am by burningpet »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11574 on: October 03, 2014, 11:25:17 am »

Except i provided a link that verify my statements. provide a link that states otherwise and i'll be happy to acknowledge if i was wrong.

Fact) Palestinians don't pay for their electric bills.

The full text is available for subscribers & registered users.
Click here to subscribe ($1 for the first 4 weeks) or login

Good job linking something that needs a subscription to read the whole thing!!!

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11575 on: October 03, 2014, 11:27:35 am »

Weird, it was fully available to me at the time and i don't have a subscription.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11576 on: October 03, 2014, 11:33:29 am »

Fact 1) Palestinians don't pay for their electric bills.

Fact 2) That specific electric grid didn't have a legit building permit
http://www.namnewsnetwork.org/v3/read.php?id=MjgzMDk2
"According to Israel, the permits were not in order, but Oxfam rejected the Israeli excuse as a "fallacy."

This specific electric grid was ordered for destruction around 2008, precisely because it didn't have building permits.

Yep. When you decide to provide evidence that this particular electricity network was stealing from Israeli supplies? We'll at least acknowledge that. Hell, I'll even accept a Israeli military press release about it, at least acknowledging that it was the stated reason for the destruction.

If you say that because all Palestinians are thieves because some Palestinians are thieves you are secretly an agent of the molepeople sent to sow dissension among the surface dwellers.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11577 on: October 03, 2014, 11:36:21 am »

Just to clarify, lack of building permit =/= stealing from Israeli supplies. It's not *good*, but it doesn't mean they weren't paying.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11578 on: October 03, 2014, 11:43:05 am »

Okay fine I will make no more posts on the subject.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11579 on: October 03, 2014, 11:44:21 am »

ARGAGRLARGRAGL

GUYS

STAHP

PLEES!
I mean, this is the EUROPEAN politics thread. Unless Israel became part of the EU or Europe became larger all of a sudden...

Because this:

Also, Israel just destroyed an electricity netword in the West Bank that was set up with Begian aid money. Hence our FM convoking the Israeli ambassador and all the stuff that goes with diplomatic incident. It's quite weird to see our FM with a spine (I guess it's only to make himself look good while jostling for a position in the new government, but I normally hate him). Also, it's been a recurrent theme of Israeli-EU relations, with the EU building stuff in Palestine and Israeli destroying it. I honestly don't understand it, do they want to be isolated? Is it sheer villainy? Just a way to keep reminding the Palestinian who's the boss? Or just trying to make their life horrible enough that they'll emigrate?

It's more of a consequence of how interconnected our global world is, if anything.

Edit: A derail is still a derail and this derail should go in the MidEast politics thread.
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 1393