Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1740569 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #11520 on: October 01, 2014, 01:50:38 pm »

I don't think I'll ever stop being involved in politics, I'll never go back to the way I was 4 years ago - but I must admit I find it hard to get excited about anything anymore.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11521 on: October 01, 2014, 02:12:09 pm »

I don't think I'll ever stop being involved in politics, I'll never go back to the way I was 4 years ago - but I must admit I find it hard to get excited about anything anymore.
The chance to get independence and (almost) start from scratch is a political experience most people never have, so that's not surprising. Even if you had won, it would have been really hard to keep excitement at that level. Just wait a few years to the next referendum (well, maybe).

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11522 on: October 01, 2014, 02:40:34 pm »

Well, you'd better get around it, because that is the only way you'll ever see a cause to fruition.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11523 on: October 02, 2014, 05:18:55 am »

I have the ideal solution:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Rainbow Russia is making me laugh my ass off.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11524 on: October 02, 2014, 05:21:43 am »

I just noticed the BRD on what I assume to be Mallorca.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11525 on: October 02, 2014, 05:24:11 am »

I just noticed the BRD on what I assume to be Mallorca.
Best part of that map, yes.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11526 on: October 02, 2014, 07:10:37 am »

"We are looking into the possibility of going to the market with large stakes in our largest energy companies, which are controlled by the state," Putin told the VTB Russia Calling investment conference.

Looks like someone is running out of money. I wonder why. After all Russia is soon to be #1 country in the world
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11527 on: October 02, 2014, 07:23:53 am »

It seems weird, now is hardly the best time to sell those assets. Maybe a ploy to sell them on the cheap to cronies?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11528 on: October 02, 2014, 07:30:44 am »

Owlbread doesn't care about anything anymore.

Hahahaha. If my siglines weren't full I'd sig this for a few weeks  :D
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11529 on: October 02, 2014, 12:38:52 pm »

Meanwhile in Ukraine, intensive ceasefiring continues in Donetsk: Ukrainian and DNR forces frequently exchange fire. Yesterday, an artillery strike hit a school in central Donetsk. At the moment of shelling, classes were taking place. BBC claims two people died, DNR sources (NSFW link in Russian) claim 3 people were killed, one of them a teenager.
Pro-DNR sources blame the Ukrainian army, pro-Ukrainian sources claim that that the school was shelled by DNR artillery.

Also, in an interview to Euronews, Belarusian president Alexander Lukashenko claimed that he offered to send the Belarusian Army into Ukraine to keep the opposing sides apart a while ago. All sides rejected his proposal.

Fighting near the Donetsk airport, recorded by DNR forces, 02.10.2014

Edit: There's a talk show on Russian state television (Rossiya-1 channel) right now. They invited Eduard Limonov, of all people. Now he is calling out the Russian government for its hesitation to send troops to Ukraine. He's not the kind of person I would expect to see live on Russian television, let alone state-controlled TV.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 12:52:39 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11530 on: October 02, 2014, 12:48:39 pm »

There isn't actually a ceasefire in the strict definition and yet they call it a ceasefire. :P Which kind of defeats the whole point and idea of a ceasefire.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 01:54:35 pm by smjjames »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11531 on: October 02, 2014, 01:01:18 pm »

Meanwhile in Ukraine, intensive ceasefiring continues in Donetsk: Ukrainian and DNR forces frequently exchange fire. Yesterday, an artillery strike hit a school in central Donetsk. At the moment of shelling, classes were taking place. BBC claims two people died, DNR sources (NSFW link in Russian) claim 3 people were killed, one of them a teenager.
Pro-DNR sources blame the Ukrainian army, pro-Ukrainian sources claim that that the school was shelled by DNR artillery.

Also, in an interview to Euronews, Belarusian president Alexander Lukashenko claimed that he offered to send the Belarusian Army into Ukraine to keep the opposing sides apart a while ago. All sides rejected his proposal.

Fighting near the Donetsk airport, recorded by DNR forces, 02.10.2014

Edit: There's a talk show on Russian state television (Rossiya-1 channel) right now. They invited Eduard Limonov, of all people. Now he is calling out the Russian government for its hesitation to send troops to Ukraine. He's not the kind of person I would expect to see live on Russian television, let alone state-controlled TV.
Something tells me if a guy like Limonov starts advocating for sending troops on state-TV, it's going to happen pretty soon.
._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11532 on: October 02, 2014, 01:46:40 pm »

There isn't actually a ceasfire in the strict definition and yet they call it a ceasefire. :P Which kind of defeats the whole point and idea of a ceasefire.
Ceasethenfire

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11533 on: October 02, 2014, 01:51:45 pm »

There isn't actually a ceasfire in the strict definition and yet they call it a ceasefire. :P Which kind of defeats the whole point and idea of a ceasefire.
Ceasethenfire

makes aim better yes

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11534 on: October 02, 2014, 01:55:08 pm »

Ceasethenfire

makes aim better yes

And now I notice the typo that I made, heh.
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 1393