Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1742056 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #11460 on: September 30, 2014, 06:53:49 am »

The strongest Russian battlegroup against Europe atm is our gas supply, which Europe will need to comfortably go through the winter...

Hopefully it'll be enough to prevent them from enacting "MAXIMUM SANCTONS".
._.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11461 on: September 30, 2014, 07:06:05 am »

The strongest Russian battlegroup against Europe atm is our gas supply, which Europe will need to comfortably go through the winter...

It works both ways, though.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11462 on: September 30, 2014, 07:13:25 am »

Right now, it works better for us.

In about five years, it'll start working against us, but hopefully at that time the southern trade will finally activate...
._.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #11463 on: September 30, 2014, 07:18:30 am »

Russian gas is moslty important for eastern countrie. England don't use any, neither does France, and Germany use it minimally. Theorically this shouldn't affect Europe's stance, but in practice it will as the decider won't  lose credit in their own countries  and at the end of the day, it's where they win the elections. Beside, it's not like Europe is out of option without Russian gas as libya's market are defenseless.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11464 on: September 30, 2014, 07:20:05 am »

explain how europe can get anything out of libya short of taking it by force

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11465 on: September 30, 2014, 07:24:36 am »

>short of taking it by force

Europe, and France particularly, is pretty good at making African nations deal they can't refuse. Nothing to be proud of, but their collaboration won't be a problem.

Semi related : in Iraq, the oil got into american hands... from French hands. They (high level French decidors) weren't too pleased about that either.

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11466 on: September 30, 2014, 07:26:07 am »

To be honest, even  without sanctions Russian economy isn't in great shape. Wasted money on Olympic Games, wasted money on the war with Ukraine, wasted money on feeding Crimea. Wasted money on tribute for Kadyrov. Wasted money on luxurious life for Putin and his friends....
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11467 on: September 30, 2014, 07:26:46 am »

Explain to me how's that not colonialism and how does it meshes with the supposed "democratization" operation that EU did to Libya.

Also money on Olympic Games was not wasted. Remember, we took the #1 place there?
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11468 on: September 30, 2014, 07:28:08 am »

Do you really consider #1 place in any sport event important?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11469 on: September 30, 2014, 07:32:19 am »

...It's Olympics. Are you saying that Olympics are not important?
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11470 on: September 30, 2014, 07:39:00 am »

Well.... YES!!!

It is rather nice show, but it is about as important for me as who won X-factor (or American Idol) season N

Spending tax money to win medals is something I don't want to see in my country. While youth and amateur sport should be supported due to various reasons, professionals should find a way to make money without dipping in my pocket

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11471 on: September 30, 2014, 07:53:15 am »

Well, it allowed Putin to take over Crimea while everyone was too busy mocking Sochi's rusty water system. Pretty effective in that regard.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11472 on: September 30, 2014, 08:13:18 am »

how does it meshes with the supposed "democratization" operation that EU did to Libya.

That's cute. There is no such thing as foreign democratization. Libya is a country of tribes. Tribes aligned with the west won, tribes aligned with Russia lost.

Tunisia is going through actual democratization, even if it's a bit fragile at this stage, as shown by the fact that the need for foreign intervention was minimal (mainly observers).

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11473 on: September 30, 2014, 08:23:35 am »

Nobody won in Libya. Everybody lost. Europe - because of the refugees, Libya - because of incredible amounts of chaos.

Just a few months ago, there were infighting in the very capital of Libya for the control of the international airport. That is not victory.
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11474 on: September 30, 2014, 08:30:35 am »

That's cute. There is no such thing as foreign democratization. Libya is a country of tribes. Tribes aligned with the west won, tribes aligned with Russia lost.

If the west goes in, like they did in Libya, they are undemocratic colonialists.
If the west stays out, like in Syria until recently, they are undemocratic colonialists.
If the west supports the existing regime, like in Saudi Arabia, they are undemocratic colonialists.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 1393