Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1742057 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #11445 on: September 29, 2014, 02:39:04 pm »

Russia is killing civilians in Donetsk and Lugansk and blaming it on Ukraine? Shocking
Somehow I doubt all of civilians were killed by Russia. Especially since the Russian soldiers were in Ukraine in force only since 24 August and for about two weeks after that... unless you're trying to say that the Ukrainians have done nothing wrong in this war at all?

._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11446 on: September 29, 2014, 02:40:25 pm »

That graph would be more telling if the X-axis were $0. Still, that's roughly a 25% drop since Spring.

Yeah economic graphs are really bad about that for some reason.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11447 on: September 29, 2014, 02:44:32 pm »

Well, Russia and Russian-backed rebels. Still, while there is no doubt civilians have been killed by the Ukrainian forces, accusing them of genocide is laughable.

P.S. Spain's Supreme Court agreed to rule on the legality of the Catalan referendum, effectively suspending it for years.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:48:43 pm by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11448 on: September 29, 2014, 03:02:18 pm »

I love Russian reaction to : "Hey, guys, your economy will collapse soon!"

"Look at Ukraine, it is worse. "

As if Ukrainian problems can help Russia in some way...
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11449 on: September 29, 2014, 03:37:28 pm »

I don't see how the change in dollar value will collapse the economy. Stunt international trade? Possibly. Collapse the entire economy? I seriously doubt it.
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11450 on: September 29, 2014, 03:39:25 pm »

It's not a cause for collapse, it's an indication that investors are going away.

In other news, China's CO2 emission per capita are now as high as the EU's. We're fucked.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 03:42:46 pm by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11451 on: September 29, 2014, 03:59:55 pm »

BTW, Ruble\USD is not something huge. It lost only ~14% against 50% USD\50% Euro.

I prefer looking at Moscow stock market

Few notable examples:

Gazprom - 2.15% since the start of the year
Rosneft (largest oil company) -8.98%
VTB bank -21.13%
Sberbank -24.19%
MTS (Largest mobile phone operator) -16.54%
KAMAZ (truck manufacturer) -38.3%
Aeroflot -(largest airlines) -48.04%
UTair (another airlines) -41.67%
Mechel (Steel) -72.03%

And that price is in rubles meaning that this companies lost more than the number says

Russian Central bank reserves going from $499.1 billions in January to $458.3 now doesn't look that pleasant either. Of cause with the rate of 4 billion per month reserves will need ten years to deplete but $40 billion is  $40 billion

I think Crimea is little too expensive
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:04:27 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11452 on: September 29, 2014, 04:07:52 pm »

Note that Gazprom may have fallen so little because they gained a lot by seizing the Azov sea gas field.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11453 on: September 29, 2014, 04:24:56 pm »

It is not that little if you use a hard currency

http://www.investing.com/equities/gazprom?cid=42598 (London Exchange)

Interesting: Gazprom jumped well above pre-Crimea price after the deal with China but then went down again

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11454 on: September 30, 2014, 12:52:05 am »

Russia is killing civilians in Donetsk and Lugansk and blaming it on Ukraine? Shocking
Somehow I doubt all of civilians were killed by Russia. Especially since the Russian soldiers were in Ukraine in force only since 24 August and for about two weeks after that... unless you're trying to say that the Ukrainians have done nothing wrong in this war at all?

Well, Russia has long history of blaming it's own genocides on other nations it is in war with.
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11455 on: September 30, 2014, 01:17:02 am »

to be fair, the one genocide you've linked was at least believable

germans did a lot of that in their time

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11456 on: September 30, 2014, 03:11:49 am »

Meanwhile in Russia.... Their parliament wants to pass a new law that will selectively give compensations for Russian citizens that got their property abroad arrested

You are an oligarch, stole a lot of money from Russians and bought several hundred millions worth manor somewhere in EU\USA. It got arrested\confiscated. Russian taxpayers will compensate your loss. I find it hilarious.

When Russia will get its serfdom back? After all this is a traditional Russian way of life not that Western heresy telling that trading people like cattle is wrong

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #11457 on: September 30, 2014, 04:27:47 am »

It seems that Putin did actually piss off Europe after all. They can smother Russia economically, and it seems they will. I wonder if they are going for the throne or want some consession. And I wonder what those consessions would be.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11458 on: September 30, 2014, 04:34:39 am »

It seems that Putin did actually piss off Europe after all. They can smother Russia economically, and it seems they will. I wonder if they are going for the throne or want some consession. And I wonder what those consessions would be.

Link to what you're talking about?

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #11459 on: September 30, 2014, 04:36:56 am »

Nothing in particular. The halt of prospection on Russian Soil, the falling Ruble, the threat to boot them out of the swift network (which do damage in itself). From all that I gather that Europe is actually serious. That's more or less our battlegroups ; we're the biggest market in the world.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.
Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 1393