Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1702074 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #10905 on: September 14, 2014, 04:51:52 pm »

To UR:
1) There won't be a collapse while the media is under Putin's control, because there will be nobody to spread panic around.

Lenin helped with 'The Worker's Cause' news sheet (and was arrested for it), and later funded Искра, at a time when most if not all media where under tsarist control too you know..
Yeah, this sort of media attacks were prevalent in Russia since the 1986 to the 2011, right up to the Bolotnaya square unrest. Since that the Putin has affirmed a total control over Russian media, and with that, a total control over Russian minds.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10906 on: September 14, 2014, 05:16:03 pm »

3) "Control"? Do you really think you "control" your politicians now? Oh yeah, keep telling yourself that, while your patriots keep dying on the front, while the politicians behind continue to send them there.
You'll never control your politicians if you allow them to send you to die while they remain in complete safety. Please tell me, how's that "lustration" going? Last time I heard exactly zero people got in jail because of it.
As I said we are in process of getting control over them. Long road ahead. I can assure you that they forced to listen to people (to some extent). Because they no that else they will have problems at elections... or new Maydan. Maydan from people that got weapons

Lustartion is indeed halted. Something I am not happy about. But war and having to too look nice in the eyes of European community are serious problems here. Unfortunately European public opinion will not understand jailing without a proper trial. Even ongoing case of banning of Communist party isn't welcomed well.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10907 on: September 14, 2014, 05:17:47 pm »

So Sergarr, you really think the government taking control of the media is a good thing?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10908 on: September 14, 2014, 05:38:31 pm »

So Sergarr, you really think the government taking control of the media is a good thing?
It's better than allowing random people to incite panic over things that may or may not be true. Like it is currently working in Ukraine.

Media is one of attack directions in case of war, and I don't want to leave it unprotected and vulnerable to enemy influence.
._.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #10909 on: September 14, 2014, 05:39:25 pm »

I think Sergarr's take on media control is 'It's good for the state'.
Am I right?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10910 on: September 14, 2014, 05:39:46 pm »

Thanks for clarifying what the parties stand for, Scriver. I kind of forgot that we're very much to the left of american standards.

FI wants equal rights for everyone, no matter gender or sexuality. Anti-racism. Open borders, six-hour workday, make all non-consentual sex illegal (don't ask me, I don't really know how rape is defined currently) Get rid of the weapon export, even less money to the military.

They are a mix between the left, the greens and modern feminism.
... I'd vote for 'em.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10911 on: September 14, 2014, 05:42:19 pm »

It's better than allowing random people to incite panic over things that may or may not be true. Like it is currently working in Ukraine.

Media is one of attack directions in case of war, and I don't want to leave it unprotected and vulnerable to enemy influence.

If I understand this correctly you are literally being asked to be fed propoganda and nothing else.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10912 on: September 14, 2014, 05:44:12 pm »

If I understand this correctly you are literally being asked to be fed propoganda and nothing else.
At least that way there won't be enemy propaganda in the state. I've had enough with pro-american propaganda in this country, and I don't want to hear it any longer.
._.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10913 on: September 14, 2014, 05:45:16 pm »

At least that way there won't be enemy propaganda in the state. I've had enough with pro-american propaganda in this country, and I don't want to hear it any longer.

Then you get an echo chamber. Nothing gets in, nothing comes out.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10914 on: September 14, 2014, 05:45:51 pm »

Such is the rallying call of everybody who hates the light of journalism. Can't maintain The Narrative with all these pesky fuckers going around telling the truth, right?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10915 on: September 14, 2014, 06:09:08 pm »

And it doesn't occur to you that anything else might be possible?

Christ, Orwell was so naive!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10916 on: September 14, 2014, 11:54:56 pm »

It's funny. As an American, I find Russian propaganda rather refreshing. It's a different perspective on the world compared to the usual race-baiting, sensationalist, hypocritical bullshit that our media spews 24/7.

In fact, Russia Today is actually a fairly reliable news source, as long as whatever they're covering has no relation to Russia. All that said, I do still pay attention to what the American media is saying, even though it is mostly bullshit. Again, perspective.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10917 on: September 15, 2014, 12:32:13 am »

I want you guys to understand one thing. Sergarr is not a typical Russian Soviet. He is a quite progressive person.  Lives in a large city has regular access to Internet and knows English

Now imagine a mindset of average citizen of Russia: Living in small town for all his life, getting all his information from Putin's television or sometimes from Russian segment of Internet

The whole generation emerged during Putin's rule(15 years)... And that generation is taught that compassion is weakness, that other nations are morally inferior, that disobeying any whim of superior is a crime. That Stalin was a great leader and generally USSR was close  to an ideal country.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10918 on: September 15, 2014, 01:15:14 am »

German leopard tanks in Ukraine.

*EDIT
Seems fishy. Watch for confirmations of truth or lies.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 01:18:25 am by Loud Whispers »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10919 on: September 15, 2014, 01:19:11 am »

for what purpose
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 1393