Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1752464 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #10695 on: September 11, 2014, 08:20:10 am »

I'm Russian

And your colleague seriously thinks we massacre protestors? Lol. No idea how Canada would be provoking war with Russia though, aside from the potential oil claims in the Arctic Ocean.

"Canada is provoking war and we'll grind them to rubble".

I... What? How is Canada provoking war? I'm Canadian and I'm pretty damn sure that the last thing we'd want to do is start a war.

Yep, this......
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:23:31 am by smjjames »

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #10696 on: September 11, 2014, 08:21:54 am »

Well, you do have a strategic maple sirup reserve and don't want to share....
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10697 on: September 11, 2014, 08:24:17 am »

I... What? How is Canada provoking war? I'm Canadian and I'm pretty damn sure that the last thing we'd want to do is start a war.
He was referring to this incident:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/russian-military-planes-buzzed-hmcs-toronto-in-black-sea-1.2759843

about protesters - that's not just him. When Russian regulation of mass rallies harshened in the wake of 2012 protests, there was a huge media campaign about how lenient our legislature and fines and police pratices really are compared to the rest of the world, so lots of people believe that you'll be tear-gased and shot and jailed for years for protesting in USA or in Europe.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:31:57 am by nanomage »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10698 on: September 11, 2014, 08:28:12 am »

So... We're provoking war by participating in NATO? Is that the reason I'm supposed to be taking away from that incident? Seems utterly stupid to me.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10699 on: September 11, 2014, 08:32:57 am »

He was referring to this incident:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/russian-military-planes-buzzed-hmcs-toronto-in-black-sea-1.2759843

I don't suppose that your colleague doesn't realize that Canada is part of the NATO alliance?

So... We're provoking war by participating in NATO? Is that the reason I'm supposed to be taking away from that incident? Seems utterly stupid to me.

Sounds like it, plus Russia has buzzed US ships before, so by that logic, the US is also provoking war.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:34:43 am by smjjames »

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10700 on: September 11, 2014, 08:34:43 am »

It's not so much about Canada being part of NATO as about NATO ships being in the Black Sea, which Russia considers their turf.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10701 on: September 11, 2014, 08:35:45 am »

Yes, its Russian logic. The neighbors they have good terms with are such because "they are afraid of Russia", any countries wanting to become part of NATO do so "because fear of Russia" and NATO itself is "threatening Russia with its expansion". NATO is seen as hostile by default... Ergo it must be a world wide conspiracy against Russia.

edit: the only thing we lack here is that NATO is led by the Jews.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10702 on: September 11, 2014, 08:37:46 am »

The official position of our FA department is that NATO maneuvres in black sea serve to "escalate pressure" and "call doubt on the ukrainian peace process". Anti-NATO propaganda is booming, yeah. It may seem stupid for you, but for most of us Russians it's really not.

regarding NATO led by Jews, that is a thing. Just not in official/para-official propaganda yet, but it's a huge ideological staple for far-rights and far-lefts here. Like those Strelkov wants to unite.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:40:24 am by nanomage »

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10703 on: September 11, 2014, 08:41:20 am »

The official position of our FA department is that NATO maneuvres in black sea serve to "escalate pressure" and "call doubt on the ukrainian peace process". Anti-NATO propaganda is booming, yeah. It may seem stupid for you, but for most of us Russians it's really not.

NATO actually has more of Black Sea shoreline than Russia and AFAIK neither Baltic or Black Sea has any more NATO naval activity than usually. Its just Russian propaganda mongering.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10704 on: September 11, 2014, 08:41:36 am »

regarding NATO led by Jews, that is a thing. Just not in official/para-official propaganda yet, but it's a huge ideological staple for far-rights and far-lefts here. Like those Strelkov wants to unite.
The anti-NATO propaganda haven't stopped existing since the Iraq war (2003).
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10705 on: September 11, 2014, 08:44:46 am »

If it makes you feel any better there are plenty of people in other countries who believe some nasty crap without an official propoganda story to tell them what to think.  They just make up their own propoganda at home to believe.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10706 on: September 11, 2014, 08:46:38 am »

Yeah, but why single out Canada like that? It's just kinda... weird and nonsensical. Especially since you already have a good target in NATO/the US.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10707 on: September 11, 2014, 08:48:36 am »

NOW YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS CANADA
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10708 on: September 11, 2014, 09:01:00 am »

Have you listened to Harper talk guys? He's one of the loudest anti-Russian Aggression (or whatever term works?) leaders lately. Puffing his big chest etc. Remember the Conservatives tend to pride themselves in being pro-Military budget, and Harper really, really wants to be just like the Conservative U.S.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10709 on: September 11, 2014, 09:11:20 am »

97% of the Scottish electorate are now registered to vote in the referendum according to the Guardian.
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 1393