Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1752469 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #10680 on: September 10, 2014, 02:32:22 pm »

Among Ukrainians or among the inhabitants of the Kremlin?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10681 on: September 10, 2014, 02:40:41 pm »

So for me, this just states some evidence that the media is clearly biased. I wish they had a similar poll for ukraine :-\

Not so much biased as ignorant about Bayesian statistics.  It's been less then 10 years since Nate Silver shook things up.  It should take the media about another 90 to catch on.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10682 on: September 10, 2014, 03:18:24 pm »

You know what is the best kind of news? When you get a phone call from a person you considered KIA....

As for something less personal... Election campaign is starting. Candidates are as crappy as always. Unfinished revolution is bad :( Too many old faces will go through in the "new" parliament
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10683 on: September 10, 2014, 03:25:52 pm »

You know what is the best kind of news? When you get a phone call from a person you considered KIA....

As for something less personal... Election campaign is starting. Candidates are as crappy as always. Unfinished revolution is bad :( Too many old faces will go through in the "new" parliament
Was it your Russian friend?
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10684 on: September 10, 2014, 03:48:09 pm »

Nope.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10685 on: September 11, 2014, 05:47:34 am »

Meanwhile, Strelkov has held a briefing under Putin's portrait, stating that he's now gonna fight "the fifth column" in Moscow. Regarding Boeing, no he doesn't know who shot it down, but the ua govt is to blame for the whole situation that led to it being shot. And yeah, Putin is the sole guarantor of stability.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10686 on: September 11, 2014, 07:54:23 am »

Wuh? Sounds like Strelkov wants to attack Moscow, unless he means via propaganda.

Strelkov is becoming a real loose cannon for Putin if he is advocating attacking Moscow.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10687 on: September 11, 2014, 08:00:26 am »

Wikipedia is your friend here, Fifth Column is a term I'd never heard before.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10688 on: September 11, 2014, 08:07:42 am »

Basically he'll attack anti-war protesters.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10689 on: September 11, 2014, 08:10:05 am »

How does he plan on fighting them? He's a soldier, not a politician. Not that a soldier can't also be a politician.

It just seems ripe for misinterpretation to me.

How? With anti-anti war protestors? Gunning them down?

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10690 on: September 11, 2014, 08:11:17 am »

Wuh? Sounds like Strelkov wants to attack Moscow, unless he means via propaganda.

Strelkov is becoming a real loose cannon for Putin if he is advocating attacking Moscow.
Lucky you gyus, living in a place where you have to look up terms and expressions like that. Down here all this talk of traitors and enemies and wars and executions is just everyday life. Man I've got a collegue right besides me who seriously thinks stuff like "all people protesting in the streets should be shot dead like in USA" or "Canada is provoking war and we'll grind them to rubble". It's just so sick

EDIT:
How does he plan on fighting them? He's a soldier, not a politician. Not that a soldier can't also be a politician.

It just seems ripe for misinterpretation to me.

How? With anti-anti war protestors? Gunning them down?
Most probably he's gonna organize a new thuggish/paramilitary pro-govt group. Or just pretend he's organized one to show it to people this and that side of the border like a scarecrow.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:13:57 am by nanomage »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10691 on: September 11, 2014, 08:12:14 am »

It's more of a continental term, yeah. Communism never became a major threat in the Anglophone countries.

Ninjaedit: Fighting protestors is easy when you're a soldier. They're vulnerable to bullets and melee damage, after all.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10692 on: September 11, 2014, 08:15:31 am »

Lucky you gyus, living in a place where you have to look up terms and expressions like that. Down here all this talk of traitors and enemies and wars and executions is just everyday life. Man I've got a collegue right besides me who seriously thinks stuff like "all people protesting in the streets should be shot dead like in USA" or "Canada is provoking war and we'll grind them to rubble". It's just so sick

Uh, what country are you from? Because the US doesn't have any beef with Canada and we don't massacre protestors in the street.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10693 on: September 11, 2014, 08:16:41 am »

I'm Russian

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10694 on: September 11, 2014, 08:18:04 am »

"Canada is provoking war and we'll grind them to rubble".

I... What? How is Canada provoking war? I'm Canadian and I'm pretty damn sure that the last thing we'd want to do is start a war.
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 1393