Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Laro  (Read 5183 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Laro
« on: February 10, 2013, 08:44:45 pm »

This is generally a minimalist game, in respects that I make up the plot as I go and the game system as I go. This isn't meant to be like an RPG where you tell me your move and I make a complicated system and dice rolls everywhere to figure out how much everything you do and can do. This is more of you say what to do and I reasonably apply it to your situation. Probably no fighting type things happening here. Don't worry though, it will most certainly take up a semblance of plot. I just cant guarantee when.

I plan on getting 4 players at least to start this off, being what I hope for the most. It is in fact a modern setting. Expect shenanigans. Lots and lots of shenanigans.

Character sheet:

Name:
Appearance:

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Laro
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 08:51:46 pm »

Pity character....Not really though

Name:Aldemas
Appearance:Average Teenage Hipster

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 08:53:26 pm »

Name: Yafnag
Appearance: Looks like a heretic.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 09:59:44 pm »

Name: Ol' Jimmy Pete
Appearance: Relatively fit for his age. Appears as though a well-groomed man from the fifties. Wears a suit.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 10:28:11 pm »

Joe
86 years old
Male
Wears A Bathrobe and Pink Bunny Slippers over combat gear, Wears a fedora and wraparound shades, has a gray beard down to his waist.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 10:50:51 pm »

Name:ONO (all caps)
Appearance:Smelliest, ugliest, least attractive old man you have ever met. Wears no pants. (Don't forget, 'no pants' is an item that he posesses! If stolen, he instantly appears in distasteful khakis. He hates them.)
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 02:35:41 pm »

Cool, that's one more than I hoped for. I suppose we're going to start now and see where it goes from there. Now, time to make a short description.

You are all citizens of the town of Ashvale, a pleasant little town near the mountains, with chilly weather as snow is lying on the sides of the road, dirty and melting away from the snowstorm one week ago. Overall, it's pretty uneventful.

___________________________________________________________________________________
Aldemas
You wake up for your morning, looking at the light that flows through the hole filled white curtains covering your window. You slap your alarm in an attempt to shut it off, instead knocking it off of your nightstand instead. You sit up cursing inside of your head and look at the blinking device lying on the floor. You step out of bed, kicking the alarm clock and luckily hitting 'Alarm set.' You know it's Saturday, but have to do something, what was that something?

___________________________________________________________________________________
Yafnag
You wake up, instantly hopping to your feet and looking about your room cautiously. You look at the boarded up door, the boarded up window, and the boarded up oven of which you are certain contains some kind of evil magic. This shoddy house technically isn't yours, but nobody else owned it so you figured you could squat here. Aside from that, you wander to the kitchen, or at least was a kitchen, and open the old powerless fridge. Rotten..... rotten.... rotten..... Cheese! Cheese is better when rotten! At least you're pretty sure, you heard it on TV or Radio or something, but you aren't a scientist. This cheese needs something to go with it...... Yeah you need to develop your agenda for the day in fact.

O'l Jimmy Pete
You step out of bed, ready for the day, your house is very standard for this town, being a distinct member of the upper middle class you walk into your kitchen and pull out a bowl of cereal, eating it to prepare for your day ahead as an accountant. Yeah, you hate the job as it feels as though it puts chains on your free spirit, but it pays nicely. You glance out of your window looking at your red convertable. The teenagers joke at how it's a mid-life crisis car, but you deny that, since it's obviously false. You are in no crisis whatsoever. But wait, today your office is getting repairs on a leaky roof and all those cancer developing materials never removed from there. Well, you forgot to make plans for today....

Joe
You step out of your emperor sized bed and examine your room. The golden trims on everything inside of this room make you happy. You slept in your combat gear, slipping on your pink bunny slippers and bathrobe. You love your mansion at the top of old Rockled hill, named after that famous philanthropist that lived here that one time. Like you care though, you got this amazing mansion from that time you won the lottery, twice. Good times, good times. now, it is time for you to do something for today, but first! you must get a ride. You shout at the top of your lungs "Jarvis! get in here!" Sure enough, a butler walks into the room wearing a pink suit and pants, with a solid gold tie that visibly weighs his neck down. Standard butler attire for your mansion. His actual name is Steve, but you don't care. You hop onto his back for a ride, piggyback style.
"Forward Jarvis!"
"Forward where sir?" He says, full of disdain

ONO
You wake up for the morning.
Oh who are you kidding you never sleep. You open your eyes from your faux rest, which you do every night to catch any attackers off guard. They haven't come recently, but you know they are coming. You walk across the familiar stone ground, and as you begin to move you are surrounded by a chorus of cats meowing and screeching. Home sweet home. You place a hand on your head, yup. The cat is still there. This cat has had its claws lodged into your scalp for the past week, so you've been feeding it dead animals that the other cats bring you. You aren't sure why its there, but it seems to be latched on pretty tight. You leave your mountainside cave and view the petty town below. Yup. Nothing new. I should probably do something today

Oh, one last thing, death is going to be very possible in this game, enjoy.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 02:45:32 pm »

"To the armory! I need to find a suitable weapon for my trip to town. Gotta be prepared for those zombie megalodons.
In fact, since today is your unbirthday, you should grab a weapon too! Wouldn't want my manservant to be taken by those damned megalodons either."

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 03:45:19 pm »

Try to commune with cat. If that doesn't work, head in to town, do a little dance, and take inventory of belongings.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 03:54:26 pm »

"Time for adventure. I wonder if that gentlemen who rides the Manservant will be in town today. I hope so. To the CRISIS-MOBILE(TM)!!!"

Run to the Crisis-mobile and drive it to wherever I am most likely to meet Joe. If that means I must drive to/through his mansion, SO BE IT!!!
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 03:59:05 pm »

"Now I remember! I have to go see my best Friends Julias And Hannah!"
Go see newly introduced friends who I just made up, and are now part of the plot!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 04:09:57 pm »

Utilize rotten cheese to create runes on the oven. Chant so the demons inside it grant me food.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 04:14:59 pm »

Utilize rotten cheese to create runes on the oven. Chant so the demons inside it grant me food.

LOL, just saying, that's hilarious. A girl frowns at her spongecake. The spongecake's attempts at reconciliation are cut brutally short by a sudden lack of frosting.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 05:11:27 pm »

these take longer than expected to type. Eh, it just improves my writing.

Aldemas
Right, you made plans to meet up with your friends, you immediately get dressed and head out the front door of your house, you're up earlier than your parents today. You hop on your bicycle which you hate, but you swear that you're getting a new one from that independent bike shop downtown. Just, you know, you need to actually get money for that because your parents believe that once you get a job you should start paying rent. You've been holding off from that. You begin biking down the street to quickly notice that one guy, Jim or something, driving past in that convertible which he adamantly proclaims isn't part of his mid-life crisis. It totally is. You lose sight of him pretty quickly as you turn away from him and quickly arrive at the vacant lot where you planned to meet. Ah, there Julias and Hannah are.

Yafnag
you realize that the solution has been resting under your nose this whole time! You dip a finger in the cheese, the passing of time has made it soft and easily warped, picking up onto your finger with a cramy consistency. You scrawl eldritch runes onto the oven with your cheesey writing implement, formerly your index finger. With the last mark placed on the oven you stand back and examine your handiwork. Immediately thereafter, you hear a bright and cheery 'Ding!' that signals the completion of a dish. You pull down the oven door and hastily use some old curtains as mitts to bring out a hot tray containing a single slice of bread.

Ol' Jimmy Pete
You know that the odd guy with the manservant usually just goes wherever. He might be in town today, it would be best to go to the town square and wait by the road it takes for him to get there from his house. As you drive in your car towards the town square, you notice that one hipster teenage kid. You know, the one that called your car part of your mid-life crisis. You kinda hate that. At the sight of them your anger fills you and you hit the gas pedal speeding past him and directly to the town square, where you slam your car directly into a fire hydrant, breaking it and spewing water everywhere, like a geyser. Luckily, the morning crowd has yet to come and nobody is really being drawn to this location.

Joe
Steve begins to walk completely seriously towards the armory stationed within your house. as you arrive you pull open the door kindly for Steve, knowing that you're a nice guy. You smile as you see the coat hangars along the wall, each of them holdign a different crowbar of different proportions and different colors. It is your greatest collection. You grab hold of your solid gold crowbar as Steve grabs hold of a completely unremarkable iron crowbar that he is trying to hide as subtly as possible so that civilians do not notice. You then steer steve towards the front door.
"What do you wish to do now sir?"

ONO
"Cat, cat up there. Get down cat." Nope. Nothing, the cat is here to stay. You survey the area and your belongings to discover that you have exactly 14 Fist sized stones, about 100 cats (last time you checked) and an obscene amount of stockpiled twinkies for sustenance. You decide to head to the town for whatever reason, doing the can-can as you trek down the mountain, eventually reaching the outskirts of town, arriving right at a section of town called 'The cove' for no reason other than the businesses wishing to make the area sound more appealing. The general area has an old movie theater, a general store, a curiosity shop, a pet themed store called 'petstar', and an old thrift store.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 05:13:50 pm »

"Let's get to town now Jarvis! I need a magnum and some incendiary bullets. Magalodons are very flammable. To the Garage!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9