Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 559

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread  (Read 416768 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread
« Reply #4650 on: July 11, 2013, 08:02:33 pm »

He sighed again - but in relief this time - when Chris assured him that no-one was irreparably harmed, then listened closely. When the assassin finished, Gregor snapped his fingers in recognition, his face lighting up.

: "Blueberry! That was the flavor!"

: "Yeah, it's for Charlotte. The problem is that store over there-" he pointed to the medicinal shop "-only sells things like perfume, which I'm not sure she is interested in. I don't know if any place around here sells sweets. The only other thing I can think of is either a new bow or a necklace of some sort."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: July 11, 2013, 08:09:41 pm »

@Alexander
Salvatore nodded. "Ah will ta carry on the torch, Oi see. Well then, what was his duty, his will ta his country? What do yah think he'd say 'bout all o' this mess?" The man relaxed in his chair more, and Ormm was now watching the two converse lazily from his position on the floor.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: July 11, 2013, 08:12:03 pm »

"She'll probably handle getting a new bow herself. She seems practical that way."

He thought for a moment, then put a hand on Gregor's shoulder.

"I think the best thing you can do is get her a pendent that expresses how you think of her. For example, perhaps a tiger, to represent her fierce, hunting side. Or perhaps one of a carnation flower, which if I remember correctly, in some old legends indicated love and innocence."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: July 11, 2013, 08:26:59 pm »

:"He was more lighthearted a man than I am now; but I think he'd be trying to avoid conflict. ...And I have no wish to fight Menelea anyway."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: July 11, 2013, 08:36:19 pm »

: "A pendent, huh?"

: "That does sound like a better gift than a box of sweets, though it still doesn't solve the problem of where to find some for sale."

Gregor reciprocated with a hand on Chris' shoulder, as a sign of solidarity.

: "Thanks for the advice, Chris. You're pretty much the only person here I can talk with about this sort of thing, and I appreciate it."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: July 11, 2013, 08:39:34 pm »

"hey, I'm here for you if you need me."

"Unless those guys try to lock me up again, of course!"

"Well, that aside, want me to help you look around? I might find something I want for Ami or Mia, and I have a thousand or so on me... so if you want to borrow some, all you have to do is ask."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: July 11, 2013, 08:43:24 pm »

: "Heh, you'd probably just break out again!"

: "Sure, that sounds good. I've still got a decent amount on me after selling my old lances, so hopefully I won't need to borrow any gold. I mean, how expensive can pendents be?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: July 11, 2013, 08:46:17 pm »

"You would be surprised..."

Chris laughed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I was a thief, among other things, before I became a spy. Some things could fetch quite the price to the right buyers..."

"Well, anyway. It depends how what the pendent is made out of. Simple iron or steel shouldn't be too costly, but once you get into adding gemstones or gold and silver, that's when the price can rise quite dramatically."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: July 11, 2013, 08:52:46 pm »

: "Huh. I guess that makes sense." Gregor had never gone shopping for jewelery or other expensive gifts before, so he really had no idea what sort of prices to expect.

: "Still, can't hurt to take a look. I do want to get Charlotte something nice, and that doesn't mean it has to be made of gold or encrusted with diamonds."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: July 11, 2013, 09:05:17 pm »

Chris nodded.

"Exactly right. The whole point is to get something that says 'Charlotte', not something that's expensive for the sake of being expensive."

"I know some women - and men - enjoy receiving that sort of gift but I always felt it was a little demeaning... like saying 'I don't really care about you as a person, but I want you to think I do so here's something gaudy since obviously something expensive is equal to caring'."

"I should know. I used to give Prixima expensive jewelry I 'found lying around' and I was only trying to get into her bed for a night or two."

"I gave that up maybe a month before we met. Hypocritical humor at my expense aside, what sort of thing do you think would fit Charlotte?"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: July 11, 2013, 09:08:05 pm »

"Hey Charlotte." Valor said as he approached the archer. "What do you know about the thing Chris is doing?"

: "I haven't been paying attention. Mostly just running from store to store. I think I robbed Ami. But it was worth it. Hey - isn't that a couple over the others over there?"

Charlotte points to the other end of the street where Gregor and Chris are talking.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: July 11, 2013, 09:08:46 pm »

@Alexander

"There's many ah way ta avoid conflict, an' who's ta say yer foightin' Menelea? Last Oi recall, yer foightin' tha Prixima, no? Do yah think tha bein' 'ere, now, tha means yer enemy wit' all o' Menelea?"

The man paused for a moment, and after some hesitation added another question, seeing it needed. "Tell me, are yah honorin' who he was, 'er what he meant ta yah? The man, 'er yer memory? Yah say he was ah loight hearted man, what do yah think he'd want fer yah? Ah man makes many ah decision in his loife, o' the paths he takes an' travels, o' the memories he'd leave an' the lives he'd effect. Ah true man is ah man who makes the decisions he feels he's ta take, whether fer ill 'er good, fer when his moind is wit' his actions, an' his actions his moind. Tell me, what do yah think he'd want yah ta do? Want fer yah? What do yah want fer yah?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: July 11, 2013, 09:12:20 pm »

Alexander didn't have a reply to this; he'd not considered his own wants in a long time, nor had he come to the realization (as he had now) that he truly was honoring merely his memory of Sir Arotos.
:"..."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: July 11, 2013, 09:20:25 pm »

@ Chris

: "...I'm sorry, I know I should be focusing on the rest of what you said. But: you tried to...with Prixima, of all people? That's going to be a mental image I'd sooner forget." He shook his head.

: "Anyway, I think it'd be best to see what they have in stock first. We probably won't be able to wait around long enough for a custom piece to be made, assuming it was even halfway affordable."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: July 11, 2013, 09:27:31 pm »

"Well...now what should I do.."

Look for Gregor and Chris.
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 559