Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 559

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread  (Read 417002 times)

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread
« Reply #4215 on: June 30, 2013, 01:27:36 am »

"Well, it was less about questioning you specifically, and more about questioning why most people think that there's an 'honorable', or 'right' way to fight. For me, honor and fairness go right out the window when I'm fighting for my life."

"Also, I'm not really mad about that, I don't think Valor swings that way."
I need to put something interesting here.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: June 30, 2013, 01:35:03 am »

"To be perfectly honest, I don't think he remembers that... or even notices. I've hit on him a few times since then and he is literally clueless."

Chris had a good, quiet chuckle over that. He and Seyena were whispering so it wasn't likely the swordsman could overhear them talking about him like he wasn't around.

"So yes, you have a point there. I don't think he's even aware there is a 'that way' to 'swing', as it were."

He stretched and cracked his knuckles in preparation to switching back to the other topic she had brought up.

"Anyway, well, yes, that is an equally valid way to think and fight. I don't exactly fight 'fairly' myself."

"It's just that I would not want to die alone, either. Unlike you or anyone else present, neither heaven nor hell await me; when I die, my existence completely ceases. So even if it's the man or woman who defeated me, I would want someone around for my end, to remember that I ever walked these lands."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: June 30, 2013, 01:47:34 am »

Seyena gave a wry smile.
"I think your definition of a fair fight would be giving your enemy a knife and shooting them in the face when they give you a funny look."

"Your existence... Do you not believe in the afterlife?" Seyena asked, looking curious.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: June 30, 2013, 02:03:41 am »

"Gentlemen, ladies, relax... if there is something that people really should not discuss about are their beliefs and ways of living their lives. As for the assassin guy, he is one of us now. I am actually really glad he decided to join us. His thoughts are really close to the thoughts we share on the castle. But it is a pity that not too many wanted to join the guard. We really could use more people there, you know there is a lot more to be learned besides the basic about the Plague Dragon."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 02:05:15 am by Praefectus Screptum »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: June 30, 2013, 02:06:09 am »

"Your existence... Do you not believe in the afterlife?" Seyena asked, looking curious.

"To me, the evidence suggests that they exist. The same evidence also states one needs a soul to be damned or rewarded. Something more than the body that continues on once the shell has rotted away."

He tapped himself on his chest.

"I have no such animating force; I surrendered it in my childhood. I do not - can not - feel very strongly about anything, I do not dream when I sleep, I find it very difficult to speak untruthfully - the only falsehoods I can tell are ones that I do not know are false..."

"Although... in the past few months, I've felt more alive than I have for most of my life. I... have friends now. A family. People who accept me for who I am despite my faults. I have a purpose."

"I actually do care for the lot of you, not just Ami and Tantallos and Olison. It's strange... but it's nice."

(Ninja Tant... >.>)

"Gentlemen, ladies, relax... if there is something that people really should not discuss about are their beliefs and ways of living their lives. As for the assassin guy, he is one of us now. I am actually really glad he decided to join us. His thoughts are really close to the thoughts we share on the castle. But it is a pity that not too many wanted to join the guard. We really could use more people there, you know there is a lot more to be learned besides the basic about the Plague Dragon."

"It's all right. I don't mind, Tantallos. If people are going to work with me, they should probably know about my... disadvantage, I suppose you would call it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: June 30, 2013, 02:24:05 am »

"No... soul?" Seyena almost wanted to ask why. But she couldn't. Did that... make Chris inhuman?

She thought for a minute, before her lips curved into the smallest of smiles. No, humanity wasn't based upon an invisible object.

"Regardless, you've still turned out to be a better person than most people with souls; including most of us here."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: June 30, 2013, 02:39:12 am »

"...Thank you. That's kind of you to say. ...I wasn't expecting that."

"To be honest I thought you would say it was creepy!"

"I wouldn't be offended if you thought so. It's simply a fact. I've learned to cope with it."

"Incidentally, would you like a marshmallow? Standing offer."

Chris retrieved his bag of marshmallows from under his chestplate and ate one.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: June 30, 2013, 03:49:31 am »

"Oh dear, it seems I've done it again... I've had a lot of trouble with the whole 'social' thing, so I apologise if I came of as insulting or something like that. I suppose that sort of thing happens when you've been around books more than people... In any case, thank you for letting me have that tome. I hope I can be useful with it in the future.

As for your supposedly soulless condition..."

Edwin shrugs and makes a noncommittal grunt.

"It doesn't matter to me, not really. Good or evil, innocent or killer, soul or soulless, in the end it doesn't matter. When we die, we will simply just break down over time and merge with the natural currents and magics of the world, which is where we emerged from in the first place. The world doesn't care what you do or have done, it will simply go on regardless, like it always has and what we were will be reused in the creation of something else. So, in a way, we're all immortal and have always been. Food for thought, as I like to think of it."

((Sure, I'll wait for Valor to get out of the way.))

Hold position.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 04:11:21 am by Zako »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: June 30, 2013, 04:27:29 am »

Quote from: Tantallos vs Longbowman D
Hit: 123-33 = 90
Hit roll: 82, hit!
Damage: 24-5 = 19dmg
9HP restored!

Quote from: Ami heals Seyena
10+20 /2 = Up to 17HP restored

Quote from: Salvatore vs Longbowman D
Hit: 95+5-33 = 67
Hit roll: 97, miss!

Quote from: Olison vs Longbowman D
Hit: 95+10+5-33 = 77
Hit roll: 13, hit!
Damage: 25+2-11 = 16dmg

Olison gets Chest Key! No place in inventory, Chest Key dropped.

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 04:30:10 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: June 30, 2013, 07:00:48 am »

Move to 14,13, snort the last of my powder.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: June 30, 2013, 08:07:14 am »

Quote from: Riven uses Vulnerary
Up to 10HP healed

SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: June 30, 2013, 12:06:37 pm »

Gregor stays where he is. Have Anja bring the wagon further inside.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: June 30, 2013, 02:18:57 pm »

Alexander trudges over to 20, 17

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: June 30, 2013, 06:23:39 pm »

Move to 20,17

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: June 30, 2013, 06:42:10 pm »

~~Enemy Turn!~~

Twang.

Quote from: Longbowman A vs Tantallos
Hit: 116-28 = 88
Hit roll: 66, hit!
Damage: 21-10 = 11dmg

~~Allies Turn!~~

Something round and hard hit Chris' back. It was the bulbous handle of Anja's sword.

"Spy guy! I can't believe you just passed by me and didn't even say hi!"

Her wagon moved deeper into the abbey, just a bit, whilst Mannan approached Alexander and fixed his wounds.

Quote from: Mannan heals Alexander
20+14 = Up to 34HP healed

~~Player Turn 14~~

It looks like the rain is getting weaker.

SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 559