Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 559

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread  (Read 417574 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1125 on: April 19, 2013, 07:27:42 pm »

"It's not a pretty occupation, and I have done things I'm not proud of. But I keep my word, and I am not yet so far gone that I take joy in slaughter."
"Tell me, what is the Lady Prixima like? I have never met her in person. Is she just, and fair?"

: "For a...certain definition of just, I suppose. Criminals are treated quite harshly under her command. She wasn't my first choice for commander; I think my father may have had some say in my posting at her fort."

Gregor was a little surprised to speak as openly as he did, but he was tired and irritable.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 19, 2013, 07:31:20 pm »

"Just so long as she has her reasons for this job, I'll rest easier. As a relatively unknown mercenary, I can't afford to pick and choose my employers, but it helps to know that they aren't monsters."
"Why is Adrien the leader here?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 19, 2013, 07:35:24 pm »

: "It's complicated. See, his former leader was killed - poison, I believe - before his group could start this job. Someone else was in charge, but he and Adrien had a falling out after some questionable tactics. He's the only one of the original mercenary group to step up to the plate, though I wouldn't mind a change in leadership once we get back."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 19, 2013, 07:38:33 pm »

"If you insist on leaving the group, it'd be somewhat safer if I joined you."
: "Lead the way, I suppose."

Charlotte nodded and began walking south. After the arguments of her other allies were quiet and distant, she decided to confess to Gregor as they were discussing Prixima and her leadership.

: "Since the start of the missions, it's become apparent the Dragonstones have some kind of amazing power or worth beyond their mere rarity. I mean, Eor stood there and died for his treasure. He wasted his own life and lives of dozens to protect, what? A family bauble?"

She tilted her head to the ground, unwilling to look at her allies.

: "It's very concerning. To put this as bluntly as possible: I know the location of a second stone, and I think Seyena, our Pegasus Knight, might be its rightful heir. But only now is it clear there's amazing value held by the stones. The idea that someone could find out about it and start this sort of bloodshed again... it's very unnerving."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 19, 2013, 07:43:09 pm »

Olison sat cross-legged next to the stream, fashioning the cloth into a makeshift bandage. He took a momentary glance over to Seyena who was washing her own armor before turning to his own.
: "Right. This one's probably too deep to heal completely with a staff anyway. I've done worse before..."
Olison wrapped his hands around the bolt and gave a stern tug, the bolt instantly slid out, and with it a fresh coat of blood.
: "URGH! Honor in victory, death before failure, honor in victory death before failure-"
Olison pulled his armor off and let it soak in the river before quickly applying the bandage. Minutes later he covered his chest in a large vest of bandage, and after ensuring the wound was sealed, pulled his armor back on.
: "Hm. Soft-bellied whelp, my arse."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 19, 2013, 07:44:24 pm »

: "You'd be surprised what a man will do for treasure, Char. Your experiences with bandits should have taught you that'd they kill dozens for far less than a Dragonstone."

: "It's very concerning. To put this as bluntly as possible: I know the location of a second stone, and I think Seyena, our Pegasus Knight, might be its rightful heir. But only now is it clear there's amazing value held by the stones. The idea that someone could find out about it and start this sort of bloodshed again... it's very unnerving."
Gregor tried to parse this for a moment.

: "That's...quite a claim."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 19, 2013, 07:48:16 pm »

: "That's...quite a claim."

: "I don't know for sure. I only know she looks and speaks a lot like the man who originally handed me the gem a week before my home village was torched. Whether the invasion was to find the stone or for some other reason I've never found out. You can probably guess where I've kept it all this time."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 19, 2013, 07:50:32 pm »

"You're saying that she's nobility?" Valor asked, having no idea about where Charlotte may have hidden the stone.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 19, 2013, 07:52:34 pm »

: Dragonstones are way more important than you think they are.. I would not be surprised if we were doing something "wrong" to get it. After all, there are too many people wanting to take that little thing... I would love to study it sometime. But it is like I said, many people would take it without caring of the consequences or how many they will have to kill to get it."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 19, 2013, 07:52:58 pm »

"You're saying that she's nobility?" Valor asked, having no idea about where Charlotte may have hidden the stone.

: "Perhaps. She doesn't look at all like the people I spent childhood around in the northern mountains, and she claims to be from the same area."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 19, 2013, 08:07:33 pm »

: "Well, I don't think you'd carry it around, and if it was back in your home village the invaders likely would have found it..."

He lowered his voice to the barest whisper.

: "The forest I met you in! You mentioned you were living out there for some reason, but you wouldn't tell Prixima why!"

Gregor was slightly thunderstruck, and wondered if this was all a blood-loss induced hallucination.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 19, 2013, 08:10:28 pm »

Began to walk in circles giving a quiet hum wondering about something.

"...You know. The dragonestone have many powers.. do not you think "the lady" had it all planned? She knew where it was located, and instead of going there by herself or with her own soldiers, she sent us. "
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:54:15 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 19, 2013, 08:11:44 pm »

Valor gave a look of disapproval at Gregor's whispering, though he could not make out what he said. "I know enough already, there's no point hiding anything from me. I hope you realize that."

"You have my word I won't betray anything either of you tell me in confidence, if it makes you feel better."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 19, 2013, 09:09:55 pm »

Gregor pinched the bridge of his nose, irritated. His latest wound was aching terribly despite Daniel's ministrations; he was beginning to sorely regret storming off without having Ami work her magic first.

: "My apologies, Valor. I didn't mean to cut you out of the loop like that."

He repeated what he said before, though still quietly so that only Valor and Charlotte could hear.

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 559