Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 559

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread  (Read 416523 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread
« Reply #7965 on: June 14, 2014, 04:10:28 pm »

The man merely nodded at the answer.

"Second question is: Do you still remember your mentor... and how Sarius died?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: June 14, 2014, 04:15:54 pm »

Derick's face turned serious and he moved his hand closer to the hilt of his sword.

"Of course I can. I've sworn myself to find out who killed him and avenge him."
It's FEF, not FEOF

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: June 14, 2014, 04:20:30 pm »

The man sighed in relief.

"Then the third question should be easy for you to answer. Swordmaster Derick, will you help me avenge my half-brother, Sarius, who was so foully murdered?"
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: June 14, 2014, 04:26:02 pm »

Derick reeled back in shock and let go of his sword

"Ah- of course. Of course I will!"

He got his bearings back after a couple seconds.

"Sarius never mentioned that he had a brother."
It's FEF, not FEOF

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: June 14, 2014, 04:29:07 pm »

"Half-brother. And he was ordered not to speak of it, as my family and our father aren't kind to bastards. In genealogical meaning of that word. It's a long story though... shall we find a shadowy corner in the inn or somesuch place to talk?"
SigFlags!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: June 14, 2014, 04:37:10 pm »

"Yeah, sure. Um... do you mind if I go get Raquel? She's my uh... she's been helping me with my quest."
It's FEF, not FEOF

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: June 14, 2014, 04:40:05 pm »

"I'm not sure. Can she be trusted?"
SigFlags!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: June 14, 2014, 04:45:08 pm »

"Yes! Definitely! She's in the Inn right now."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 04:53:29 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: June 14, 2014, 04:48:43 pm »

"Allright then. Let's go inside; I will find ourselves a table and you go get your friend."

With that, the noble man led Derick inside and moved to the right, toward the tables.
SigFlags!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: June 14, 2014, 04:58:23 pm »

Raquel looked up from where she was feigning reading when the door opened, admitting Derick and a strange man.  Derick, she saw, seemed relaxed rather than guarded around the newcomer, and so she stood up and quietly joined the two of them. 

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7975 on: June 14, 2014, 05:02:26 pm »

"Alright."

Derick's face broke out into a big smile when Raquel went over to them, and he was almost bouncing up and down with excitement.

"Raquel! You'll never believe who I just met. This guy right here is Sarius's brother! He says he wants our help in taking down his killer."
It's FEF, not FEOF

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7976 on: June 14, 2014, 05:22:53 pm »

"Ah, truly?"

She glanced over at the newcomer.  It seemed convenient, almost too much so, but they had few leads to go on at this point.  It might bear watching, but if it were true, it would finally help Derick find closure.
"In that case, it is a pleasure to meet you, Sir..."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:24:58 pm by Culise »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7977 on: June 15, 2014, 04:13:08 am »

The man just sat down and placed his halberd against the wall.

"Oh, you're a fine lady. Please sit down you two." He hten dismissed the barkeep, who, seeing a man in such extravagant clothes, surely wanted to get some coins and end the day on high profit. But it wasn't this day.

"I am Arvin, of Deynastian house Raccula. So, Derick, where should I start?"
SigFlags!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: June 16, 2014, 12:08:47 am »

"...I guess who killed Sarius and why is as good a place as any."
It's FEF, not FEOF

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: June 16, 2014, 02:58:03 am »

"Very well then. Two years ago, Sarius worked for certain dark cult, that kind of cult using people as sacrifices in bloody rituals. I don't know why, but he was helping them obtain some ingredients from dangerous, dark creatures dwelling deeply in some caves. The cult apparently tried to not pay and kill him, but he managed to run away. I believe they were also scared of their cult being reported to local authorities. I've found from that time onwards he was constantly on the run, and he formed your mercenary group of young, promising people to teach you mercenary work. Unfortunately they've got him last year."

"The cultists however didn't think much and the poisonous herbs that were used to murder Sarius were specialty of only one assasin. I've found him, tried to bribe him, and interrogated him in the end. So that's how I learned who was responsible and I began to search for their temple or gathering place so I could avenge my half-brother."

"Then, when I was ready to strike them this winter, I learned that their group was murdered violently. I'm not sure here, but apparently some assasin or other of such kind decided to clean them by themselves. I couldn't find him; I tried to contact the last family that he worked for, but the Forsaken's - if you ever heard of them - are really reclusive, not to mention the last two months of in-fighting left them weary and unwilling to spare servants."

"Unable to get support, I've decided to track down some of Sarius' pupils, but I've learned that two are dead, few moved to Deynastia and some went to Berebia. I've got to you mostly because I carefully listened to rumors and news, and a charming, handsome swordmaster for hire is a rare sight in this parts, apparently, so you stand out... Apologies for drawing you out earlier with the help of that young man. I simply didn't want to bother if it turned out you weren't who you are." Arvin took a deep breath.

"But that's not all. I searched for you because I have something important to tell you - last month I've found out that the cult is still active. Apparently some priestess of high standing in the cult managed to escape with handful of cultists, or maybe she wasn't present at their temple when the assasin got to them. But they're definitely trying to rebuild their convent."

"Conveniently, I managed to learn where they're hiding. There's a small ruined outpost in middle of the swamp, just few hours travel north of here. I'm going to cleanse that place and get rid of the damned cult once and for all. There; you know what I know and I hope my tale wasn't confusing; I'm man of war, not a storyteller." Arvin went silent for few seconds.

"Would you be interested in coming with me? I have no money to offer; I'm myself driven by vengeance and nothing else. Your lady friend... pardon miss, I didn't get your name - she can wait here if she isn't interested in our 'crusade'."
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 559