Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 559

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread  (Read 416550 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread
« Reply #7845 on: June 03, 2014, 01:08:30 pm »

: "Mannan did mention that my former lord Ferwelk had died, and his son lost to sickness." Olison crossed his arms, pensive, "His lands were lost, and I know not what has taken his place. I need to back and ensure order is in place, or if there isn't, make sure the common people don't suffer in the interim." The cavalier paused for a few moments, lost in thought. A moment later he looked over to the side, towards Manaan's entourage.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: June 03, 2014, 01:11:55 pm »

Chris nodded.

"I see. Good luck with that, old partner."

He patted Olison's shoulder.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: June 03, 2014, 01:17:10 pm »

Olison nodded back.
: "Aye, and to you as well." Olison exhaled, "Don't you have a wife-to-be you should be planning with?" Olison chuckled lightly.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: June 03, 2014, 01:28:46 pm »

"Heh, well, I do, but I also want to say goodbye to everyone too. I don't know if we'll ever cross paths again."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: June 03, 2014, 09:42:00 pm »

The wyvern knight left with the others to the courtyard, seeing as their presence was unwanted. Their work was done, finally. Prixi--or was it Prixiam? Prixia? Prixi-something. He never was honestly very clear on the name--was dead and defeated, her work undone, and whatever foul machinations she had planned broken and inert.

When the light of the sun touched his face he couldn't help but feel as if it was a look of approval from something on high, for a job sought through to the end and done well. A feeling of weight left the pink-haired man with each step as he closed the distance to Ormm, the golden wyvern milling about the stables and sniffing the ground for something. The wyvern came to attention to his presence and Sal gave it an affectionate pat.

"'Eems its done." The wyvern cocked its head sideways at the statement, but Ormm's rider just smiled and refused to elaborate.

The rider cast a glance at Anja's cart and waited for the two there to finish their moment before heading that direction, giving the wyvern a last scratch of the head before moving on. Getting there, he clasped the shoulder of the general from behind for a moment in comradery, speaking as he did since he couldn't honestly be sure the man may of felt his hand through the armor.

"'Ope Oi'm not interruptin' anythin'. 'Ow's it feel ta 'ave won yer home back an' thwart evil? Ah burden gone an' ah story ta tell, ain' it?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: June 04, 2014, 03:31:41 am »

Alexander turns to Salvatore smiling, only a little bit of uncertainty of something showing.
:"Nah, I was about to look for you anyway. ...we really did it. Saved Menelea, Berebia, hell, probably the whole world. Quite the ending."
He looked reflectively at the ruins.
: "You know, this journey has changed me, for the better. Now that Prixima is dead, I've not got an overarching goal anymore. It used to be the goal of being totally dutiful to Kesselring, then it was keeping the order of the world, and we've done that. Now, I get to make my own goals for life. I couldn't have done that before."
He nods and grins again, former uncertainty gone.
:"Thanks to you, I can. I think I'll travel with Anja (Dragon knows I couldn't tie you down somewhere if I tried, Anja) and start a family. What are you planning, Salvatore?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: June 04, 2014, 07:22:09 am »

Edwin silently looked over the burning remains of the magical tomes in the study with an expressionless face. As the flames began to die out, a single tear ran down his cheek.

"Truly. A monster in every way..."

He let out a single sniffle before wiping away his tear and looking over to Charlotte and clearing his throat to get her attention.

"You know Charlotte, I think that you got hit with a nasty magical trap just before, judging by the sounds of it. Mind if I give you a check up to see if anything is wrong? Just in case?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: June 04, 2014, 03:25:28 pm »

Riven looked crestfallen. A powerful witch dead, her forces broken, her knowledge lost... she was an enemy, of course, but it all felt so wasteful and tragic. She joined Edwin in staring mournfully at what were once tomes.

: "I... guess we're free now, but..."

: "Maybe... maybe I can at least take inspiration from her accomplishments, and hope in knowing that what she did was possible. Without so much murdering of everyone's families followed by the destruction of everything she worked for."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: June 04, 2014, 06:30:23 pm »

~~EPILOGUE~~

And so, the evil in the form of Prixima Kesselring and her vile experiments on the sacred Dragonstones have been destroyed. The world has been saved, albeit the world surely won't care that much, the nations embroiled in conflicts and citizens worrying about their own problems. They won't know of the heroes that destroyed the witch unless some bard tells them a tale for a coin.

~~~

And speaking of the heroes, where did they go? How did their history unravel after they have parted ways?...

Charlotte and Gregor von Hexham
After fulfilling Gregor's promise to Chris, he and Charlotte wandered until they found a peaceful village.
Their reputation caught up to them, but after a few more adventures, they settled down for a life of peace and quiet.
After many years of living together but without children, and with days growing ominously darker, Gregor finally became a father - and within five years, he found out it was only the first of three children on the way.

Ami and Christopher Shields
Chris and Ami returned to the cave where their lives first intersected.
It is not known what they discovered there, but eventually they returned to the Forsaken Lands, where they settled down and passed their skills on to a new generation.
Their future life dissappears from the pages of history, and little is known about their daughter, a skilled priestess on her own.

Raquel and Derick Torriani
Derick and Raquel traveled to Ys after Prixima's death, bearing a portion of the wealth of knowledge from Prixima's libraries. 
However, Derick still had unfinished business to take care of, and so the two journeyed together to Mercia to help the spirit of the murdered Sarius rest in peace at last.
After lengthy time traveling together, they've finally settled in Deynastian city of Troi, where the two married and Derick took on the name Torriani; he began schooling youths in swordfighting while his wife took care of local arcane library.

Seyena and Valor Inara
After the siege of Kesselring, Valor and Seyena retired to a small farm in the Mercian lowlands.
A little less than a year after the incident, they had a child, Hector, a healthy baby boy.
He, as well as his younger sister, became a pair of travelling mercenaries just like their parents once.

Anja and Alexander Jorinn
With Prixima dead and the group dispersed, Alexander turned to protecting family.
With his wife Anja, they had thirteen children: twelve daughters and one son (the youngest).
In the future, they would form Alex's Legion, and battle the mages of Magic Wars until their history abruptly ends, and no one can tell what happened.

Olison Eul
With the witch dead and his promises fulfilled, Olison bid kind farewells to his companions and made his way back into his home of Berebia with fellow kinsman Salvatore.
Perhaps, in due time, he could gather new allies and write history again, bringing stability back to his eastern homelands in the wake of his lord Ferwelk's fall.
Later in his life, he finally settled down, acquired a neat parcel of land and lovely wife.

Salvatore Vaughan
Salvatore first travelled with Olison back to Berebia and sees the mountains and lakes south of Ugral.
Then he made his way back to the old chapel where he both became a traitor and went down a brighter path, where he was given Ormm.
After settling down in Berebia, he made a career as wyvern knight instructor and managed to get a rank of Wyvern General of Berebian 3rd Army, holding the position as long as the nation lasted.

Tantallos Forsaken
Tantallos returned to the Forsaken Castle to claim his position as a King. He assisted those who were standing by his side to finally repel the undead forces that were threatening to surround the castle.
Little is known of him in the future, but the name 'Clan Forsaken' ringed in people's ears long after Magic Wars started.

Riven
Riven decided to join the Forsakens after all, and attempt to rebuild a coven of sorts within them.
She also had an interest in researching Dragons and Dragonstones, both in pursuit of the kind of knowledge Prixima had gained, and in search of a better understanding of her hopefully new clan's patron.
Little is known of her, her name seemingly vanishing from minds of people shortly after death of Prixima Kesselring.

Edwin Westbringer
Edwin decided to roam around the lands for some time in order to collect funds for his dream before he headed back to Ys to start up his new school, having thought of an ideal market of customers to get it off the ground.
Due to having accumulated much knowledge and having a preference for 'practical' magics, his new school turned out to be very popular among the more adventurous mages and the 'Westbringer School of Practical Incineration' is currently looking to expand across the land.
In his later years, he became staunch opponent of research on the Dragonstones, which put him and his family at odds with Ys Duchy.

~~~

There were few others, who left the group earlier in the adventure; let us remember their names.

? Henry

Sterling

Taki Greenstone

Daniel

Adrien

~~~

And this concludes the stories of our noble heroes... but let's not forget about their allies, numerous and diverse in their skills, who helped them in small or big ways during their travels.

Dag
Died during the explosion that occured during death of Prixima Kesselring.

Danya
Remained at Mannan's side for many years, even after he settled down.

Mannan Tunhausen
No longer a noble nor having a home, Mannan travelled across the country, teaching about Dragon, until he settled down in a small coastal city, where he founded an orphanage.

Matilda
Returned to Berebia together with Salvatore Vaughan and Olison Eul.

Alexandra von Grummel
Returned home to lead County Grummel whilst her father was incapacitated after a stress-induced stroke; received the title of Countess after his death three years later.

Dalban
Became a military instructor at Fortress Kesselring, often embarking to hunt down bandits and thieves roaming the county.

Magister Tiron
Resumed his research on long-distance teleportation, until his methods were obscured by much more powerful Dragonstone magic; later, he fell into obscurity.

Captain Marpa
Continued her duty at Kesselring Fortress; however after few years, she moved to southern Deynastia along with her young two daughters in tow.

Leo Kesselring, Son of Prixima
Publicized and encouraged research on beneficial side of Dragonstone magic, unknowingly dooming the future.

~~~

~Chronology of the Years after Prixima's Death~

591FY: Prixima Kesselring dies suddenly of illness in early February; her son Leo becomes new Count Kesselring.
593FY: Leo Kesselring travels to Grand Univeristy in Ys Duchy, where he gives the famous lecture 'On the Benefits of Harnessing the Ancient Magics of the Sacred Dragonstones'; he publicizes research on Dragonstones and tells of possibilities of using their magic to heal the worst of diseases, develop new forms of travel, shape land for better use in farming, and so on.
593-598FY: Together with brilliant magicians of Ys, the study on Dragonstones prospers; within five years the magniture of research on the stones prompts the Ys Duchy to open new cathedral in their University, called 'Draconics'.
598-608FY: The Decade of Glory; as prophecisied by Leo Kesselring, numerous advances in healing and landshaping are made thanks to the power of Dragonstones; however the most powerful ones, like Diamond Star or Fire Emblem, are kept locked in royal treasury of Deynastia.
607FY: In late autumn, after a dispute in the court of Menelean King, Paragor the Younger, disgruntled sage Yamilik Thorn uses the power of his family's dragonstone, Amber Tear, against the King; Castle Menelea along with hundreds of square kilometres of land are rended and turned into toxic swamp, killing hundreds, including most of Menelean Royal Family that was at the castle during that time.
608FY: Similar tragedies occur in Deynastia and Ys; misuse of Dragonstones causes land-changing cataclysms that claim thousands of lives. King of Berebia bans research on Dragonstones in Berebia; the nation becomes the pillar of opponents of Dragonstones, and three well known Dragonstones of Berebia are shattered so no one can misuse them.
611FY: Xagor the Mad breaks into Dey treasury and acquires Fire Emblem; he razes the castle to the ground and uses the stone to mentally enslave large number of people; later that year he creates 'Domain of Xagor' encompassing northern Deynastian coast.
612-615FY: Berebian-Deynastian War; first time Dragonstones are used on small scale in tactical combat, only to provide terryfying results.
618FY: Menelea collapses; several prominent magical generals and researchers use their respective Dragonstones to carve small parcels of land for themselves.
620FY onwards: Owners of Dragonstones battle each other, blasting the land and killing people living in their enemies' lands; Berebian territory and power wanes until the nation occupies land near The North, no larger in size than most of Dragonstones' owners nations. Owners of Dragonstones are dubbed 'Dragonmages'. With death of a Dragonmage, his/her stone is passed to the victor, but no one manages to hoard more than three before losing them to more skilled and/or powerful Dragonmage. With the stones' power unleashed, mountains are shattered and lands submerged, and people are torn to pieces or enslaved as mindless, warped soldiers. In less than a decade, the land is in hands of powerful, magical madmen as no nation nor leader governs over the continent.
That is the beginning of the Magic Wars, an apocalyptic event that would last for more than a century.

~~~

Freezing wind blew across the ruined, now ceiling-less tower. There was no other sounds for a while, until footsteps could be heard; soft footsteps of a single young man, who ascended the tower. He stopped in front of the crater that was left after explosion that took Prixima's life.

That man was called Leo Kesselring. Prixima's son.

He looked over the debris and ruination as the freezing wind lashed at his cheeks, so much that he had to cover himself with one hand. He silently prayed for his mother's damned soul to find peace in the heavens, and after he finished the holy words, he was preparing to leave when something caught his attention...

A delicate glow of energy in a pile of rubble. Unsure what to do, Leo stood silently for a moment - and the glow resumed for a second. The young mage moved to the rubble and dug in it, unearthing a dark blue gemstone. It was dark inside - and then a pulse of energy emanated from it, before dying again.

"...Oh, it's my mother's Dragonstone. I thought nothing survived..." The stone's illuminated his face in bright blue color once more.

"...My mother was mad, you know? Trying to do such... crazy things to unleash your power. Maybe she was right, maybe you have incredible powers. But I bet they can be used for... good. Yes. I could prove that." The stone glowed a bit brighter this time as if agreeing with Leo's proposal.

"Mom... if only you could look at these like I do... maybe this could end differently." Leo sighed and pocketed the stone, then turned on his heel and left the tower, his footsteps waning until the only sound in the tower was once more the wind.

That cold wind blew harder and one could think that there was a laughter sewn into the chilling wail of the air; laughter similar to a mad woman cackling quietly....

But no. Surely...

It was just the wind.

=FIN=

"Hello! It is me, your beloved Anja the Gypsy! I'm quite excited that it is my duty to tell you something important! And the message is: stay tuned for Epilogue Chapters which will start Thursday, 5th of June! I will be going now, darlings. Toodles~!"

"...Alexander, are you there darling?"
"Yeah?"
"Well, I'm busy with the dinner, can you change Austin's diapers?..."
"...Oh and I think and Alisa and Aurora finished their biscuits..."
"...you could also go and blah blah blah..."
"*siiiiiigh*"

=FIN= (for real this time!)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 06:41:02 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: June 05, 2014, 05:59:30 am »

~~Epilogue Chapter Zero~~
Revenge before Honour

Somewhere on the road in central Menelea
Two weeks after death of Prixima Kesselring

Valor and Seyena were on their way to Mercia. Without much money to afford luxurious carriage or a proper horse for Valor, they've resorted to carrying him by Seyena's pegasus as long as the mount wasn't tired and Valor didn't had objections about spending several minutes in the air.

It was one of these times were he was unmounted, and they were travelling on foot, when the pair could spot some tall, foreboding figure on the road ahead. The man lifted his mace and moved toward them - Valor could easily recognize him.

"I promised you, that you will regret the day we meet again."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: June 05, 2014, 08:09:50 am »

Valor wasted no time unslinging his shield and removing his killing edge from it's scabbard. "Yeah, most people who say that never back it up. So to be honest, I didn't really think you'd bother."

"Prixima is dead. We're done. So considering last time that I nearly killed your boss I had a cursed bolt head lodged in my thigh and I could bately stand... if you wanna tangle again, I'll pretty much guarantee it's your funeral. I suggest you forget about us."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: June 05, 2014, 09:08:00 am »

"You have killed Silverio, and with him, my sister's will to live died as well. She has choosen poison, I have choosen revenge." Gleipnitz coughed for a moment and then raised his hand.

Suddenly, three hooded men in capes emerged from the woods.

"I've hired some helping hands. If you want, you can run... but trust me, I will find you again. And even if you run away once more, I will stalk you, your girlfriend, your family and neighbours, and I will find you, and I will kill you."

"If you manage to run away, that's it."

~~Player Turn 1~~

Enemies' stats!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: June 05, 2014, 10:40:35 am »

Seyena retrieves her glaive.
"Looks like we'll have to do this dance of ours for one last time."
"I thought we'd be done, you know? Back at Prixima's keep."

"You can take him, right? I'll see about keeping the mages off your back."

Seyena urges Ilya on to 11,12, mashing the mage below. No opportunity for surrender, no attempt at diplomacy. After, she moves 1N
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 12:43:16 pm by Gamerboy4life »
I need to put something interesting here.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: June 05, 2014, 12:48:14 pm »

"Okay, but stay as close as you can- If I screw up, that hammer of his is gonna sting."

Head to 9,9, play it safe with the Killing Edge ready for action.

"Not gonna lie, I'm pretty pleased that that rose chewin' dandy didn't make it. Your sister had lousy taste."

"Now, I feel like pointing out that, with your sister dead, I'm willing to bet that you don't have much left in the way of family. And maybe, considering Silvadio or whoever brought his death on himself by coming at us unprovoked, maybe you should cut your losses. I personally couldn't care less about what you do with the rest of your worthless life."

"Or, at least I didn't, before you decided to threaten to hunt me down and kill Seyena out of petty revenge. That's kind of a sticking point with me. So, I think I'm going to strip that armor off you, beat you half to death, and then force you to eat your own ribcage. Pick a God and pray."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: June 05, 2014, 01:54:02 pm »

Smack smack? More like swish swish.

Quote from: Seyena vs Sage B
Hit: 130-20-38 = 72
Hit roll: 79, miss!

Sage B retaliates!
Hit: 114-56 = 58
Hit roll: 97, miss!

Seyena attacks again!
Hit: 130-20-38 = 72
Hit roll: 87, miss!

Gleipnitz didn't respond, but simply lifted his mace.

~~Enemies Turn!~~

And he smacked Valor so hard that the swordman saw black dots. For a moment, before retaliating with his deadly sord. Then a Sage tried to zorch Valor but the hero avoided the magical strike.

Quote from: Gleipnitz vs Valor
Hit: 130-15-10-55 = 50
Hit roll: 32, hit!
Damage: 47-1-21 = 25dmg
Valor is poisoned!

Valor counters!
Hit: 131+15+10-43 = 113, autohit!
Damage: 33+1-30 = 4dmg

Valor counters once more!
Hit: 131+15+10-43 = 113, autohit! Crit roll: 14!
Damage: 33+1-30 = 4x3 = 12dmg

Quote from: Sage B vs Valor
Hit: 114-10-55 = 49
Hit roll: 51, miss!

~~Player Turn 2~~

Quote from: Poison rolls
Valor: 1

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 559