Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 559

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread  (Read 416721 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread
« Reply #5730 on: September 06, 2013, 05:01:55 am »

@Olison:

"I'm glad you remember me. When Derick was wandering with me and Joz and others, he mentioned you several times, but I was skeptic, I thought it was some other guy named Olison..." Matilda couldn't help but giggle a little.

"So, you're mercenary now?"

@Gregor:

"I see, I see... yes, we saw the mercenaries and the army fight... that was... it was more bloody than the fight you had. The mercenaries fought like lions, and I believe they slew a whole unit of mages. But in the end, they were killed, one by one. We were afraid to interfere, but what we could do with few pitchforks against a veteran army? And then, with all that pillaging... and that blonde scum! The things he had done, oh! They were such nice, young girls... Oh, I'm sorry. You need rest whilst all I'm doing is complaining to you. There's one house that's big enough to house even twenty people. I will arrange for the food and beds to be prepared. If you excuse me." The elder bowed his head and then moved away. Villagers began to slow clean the rubble, cover and take the corpses outside the village's walls.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: September 06, 2013, 09:36:14 am »

Gregor sighed to himself as the old man moved away. He felt terrible that so many bad things had happened to this little village, and wished that his group could have done more to help. Still, it could have been worse for all involved...much worse.

: "Well folks, the head of this village just offered us hospitality for the night. It's the big house over there, if anyone wants food and sleep."
He noticed a blue-haired woman among the group, and addressed her. "Are you Matilda? If so, I'd like to talk to you after you've had some time to rest, if you don't mind."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: September 06, 2013, 09:49:44 am »

Valor began making his way into the sacked village, wincing whenever he saw one of the freshly ruined buildings- Or his injuries acted up. "What's going to be up next?" Valor asked, stopping to talk to Gregor. "Back to Mannan? I don't think we're catching whoever that Arvis guy was talking to when we got here."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: September 06, 2013, 09:57:00 am »

Gregor lowered his voice to speak to Valor, not wanting others to hear.

: "I'm hoping that woman Seyena rescued will have some ideas about what to do or who that guy was. Other than that, I've got nothing. We might have to go back to Mannan after all." He sighed. "I understand that Derick wanted revenge and all, but I sort of wish he had taken Arvis alive. We could have questioned him."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: September 06, 2013, 09:58:02 am »

@Olison and Matilda

Charlotte ran up to the blue-haired girl, recognizing her name from Joz's rebuttal.

: "You're Matilda...? I hate to interrupt and be so curt, but we came a long way... do you have the box?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: September 06, 2013, 10:02:48 am »

"We're lucky we're alive." Valor said, a dull anger rising in his blood. How could Gregor be anything but grateful the battle was over? "... I doubt it would've mattered anyway. I didn't overhear it all, but I heard some- That guy was sick. Even if we'd tortured him, we wouldn't have learned anything. Anything useful, anyway." Valor resumed his labored trudge into town. "I need to rest."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: September 06, 2013, 10:04:53 am »

@Charlotte:

"What? Oh, no... that hooded creepy guy with eyes have taken it. I wish I could help you-- papers! Do I still have them...?" Matilda opened the bag she carried and began to frantically search through them.

"I believe it's the spy guy's bag or something, he had those strange... papers, here!" Matilda pulled out several small sheets, bound together in a corner with a piece of string, and shown them to Gregor.

"I didn't had time to read them."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: September 06, 2013, 10:11:18 am »

@ Valor

: " He was sick alright, but he still might have known something. Oh well. I wouldn't trade a million of him for anyone here anyway. Go get some rest, you look like you need it."

@ Matilda

: "Ah, thank you! These might be promising. If I may...?" He held out a hand for the papers, wanting to read them.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: September 06, 2013, 10:21:49 am »

@Matilda:

"Of course, here." She handed Gregor the papers.

//edit

The first page, was blank. The next one, Gregor could see, was written in code.

Raozomsyr Aptf Zsadytpz pg Nrtrnos
Zslr oy appl aolr svvofrmy

The next page of the code was:

Svwiotr Xrmoyj Dimdypmr om Ysaomm, Nrtrnos

The third coded page was:

Yslr mpc eoyj Vtozdpm Tpdr gtpz zrtvd
Zshrd pg Vpimy Htizzra eoaa pqrm yjr drsa

And the message on final page was:

Trvtioy Doabrtop'd ytpiqr om Grxxsm

There were no keywords or cipher or anything that could help with breaking the code in any way.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:54:48 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: September 06, 2013, 11:02:21 am »

Gregor stared at the pages, frustration building up inside. What the hell was this nonsense? It had to be important for it to be in code, but cryptography wasn't something the average soldier was trained in. Even the noble ones.

: "...I have no idea what any of this means. One of our companions might be able to help, but he took off to do something." This seemed right up Chris' alley, but of course the hooded man was nowhere to be seen.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: September 06, 2013, 12:47:20 pm »

@Matilda

Olison spent a moment trying to keep his horse calm.
: "In essence, yes. I don't know if Derick told you the story, but in short it's become a tad bit... Hectic lately." Olison brushed the side of his horse's mane, and he seemed to calm down considerably as Tenebra left. With a sigh of relief, Olison turned back to Matilda.
: "Though, what's happened to you to have come all the way out here? I take it you're not serving Ferwelk either anymore."

@Gregor
: "Hm. Those fancy 'codes', then." Olison scratched his head for a moment, "He's always had a habit of disappearing. He'll turn up when he needs to. Whatever it is he left for, it must be important."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: September 06, 2013, 12:57:25 pm »

"First I went north-west, and served Baron Ingramm, his castle was on the border of the Northlands. Then, I was traveling with various troupes and mercenary bands for a while. After two years of that, I met Joz in a tavern, and he was boasting about his thirtieth completed job in a row with his mercenaries. He said his group was always lacking healers and mages, so I joined him." Matilda sighed, and paused for a moment, remembering things.

"I've spent four years with him and his men. It was like an army of friends, no... a family of sorts. Derick joined three months ago, along with Raquel. Funny, I didn't talk with him that much, now to think of it. Now those two... are the only people left."

"Olison, do you think I could join your group? To be honest... I have nowhere else to go."
SigFlags!

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: September 06, 2013, 01:55:34 pm »

@Matilda
Olison looked to the side, towards the spot where Arvis fell.
: "I see... Such an injustice that our group would come to peaceful terms with Joz, only for them to be betrayed and ambushed by such cravens." He grunted in frustration and returned his gaze back to Matilda.
: "But as for you joining the group, well that's ultimately up to the group itself." Olison stifled a wry chuckle, "They're not picky, and you have my say in the matter. They'd more than likely be thrilled to have you." He explained, angling his head a little to see Gregor poring over the papers.
: "Hmm, this code will likely take most of our attention. We'll have plenty of time to share stories in the days to come." Olison made his way towards Gregor, though stopping briefly as he passed by the troubadour, "And it's good to see you again, Matilda." Olison made a slight smile towards her.

@Gregor
: "Here, let me take a look at that. I've picked up some things while working with Chris, at least." Olison looked over Gregor's shoulder, "That and perhaps we could use some sharper intellects on this. Mayhaps Tantallos, Riven, Edwin or Raquel have something to see?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: September 06, 2013, 02:15:01 pm »

Gregor handed the papers over to Olison, choosing to ignore the possible slight on his intellect.

: "I can't make heads nor tails of this. Father never had any books about deciphering codes, and the adventure stories tended to gloss over the cracking itself - probably because the authors didn't have the slightest clue either."

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: September 06, 2013, 03:52:52 pm »

Seyena dismounted, quickly catching up to Valor, staff in hand. Ilya grudgingly followed behind her rider.

"Hey, Valor? I'm doing a quick check on everyone. Are you still hurt? Anything I need to tend to?"
I need to put something interesting here.
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 559