Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 559

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread  (Read 416805 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread
« Reply #4635 on: July 11, 2013, 06:01:04 pm »

@Tantallos:

The old man took the money and pushed the Elwind tome on the counter toward Tantallos.

@Chris:

The more time passed, the more soldiers began to gather near the doors and columns. All of them were armed, and the spy could see some crossbowmen sneaking behind the groups.

After a moment later, Sigurd left the inner keep, surrounded by several soldiers.

"Christopher Shields. I knew that this name sounds familiar." The captain of the guard snapped his fingers and every soldier in vicinity drawn their swords and pointed their spears at Chris.

"You're one of Prixima's spies!"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: July 11, 2013, 06:05:40 pm »

Chris sighed and reached into his robes.

"No. I'm not. I haven't worked for her for several months now. If you don't believe me, look at this."

He pulled out the WANTED poster for himself and held it out for Sigurd to see.

"We didn't exactly part on good terms. Besides, if I hadn't wanted you to know who I was, I wouldn't have told you my name."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: July 11, 2013, 06:10:11 pm »

@Chris:

Sigurd grabbed the poster, looked at it briefly, and then crumbled it into a ball before tossing it away.

"A poor fake. Tie his hands and put him into a cell!Tou will give us all the army details and secrets of the Kesselring County! Whenever you choose to cooperate or not!" Several soldiers ran to Chris and quickly pushed his hands behind his back whilst others searched him for weapons and took them away. They were almost done before one of the soldiers found the lockpicks in Chris' sleeve, and those were taken away too.

Then, he was taken into the inner keep, then into it's basement, and psuhed into a small, cold cell. After the key-wielding soldier went away, Chris was alone, with a lit torch on the corridor's wall as his only companion.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: July 11, 2013, 06:15:29 pm »

Gregor had been about to point out that Charlotte had never really needed such things to look beautiful...but then the shopkeeper mentioned aphrodisiacs of all things. Thankfully, his earlier conversation with Chris meant that he avoided the worst of the embarrassment.

: "Now see here. I don't know what kind of "sister" you are, but that's a rather inappropriate thing to--"

When Ami/Mia showed up however...well, that was a little too much to bear gracefully.

: "Wha--no! This is a misunderstanding! I didn't -- I...I.."

He shut up.

: "...I will buy the cold medicine, and ONLY the cold medicine. And then I will go get some fresh air." He put some coins on the counter.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: July 11, 2013, 06:16:45 pm »

@Sirus&Ami:

The sister took the money and gave Gregor the jar.

"Well, there you go! What it iwll be for you, child?" She looked at Ami now.
SigFlags!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: July 11, 2013, 06:18:32 pm »

Gregor stormed out, his face still as red as a tomato. He hadn't given up on the gift idea, but there was no way in hell he was going back there.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: July 11, 2013, 06:18:53 pm »

"Ugh. Fools."

Chris finished loosening the knot and freed his hands.

"I suppose I'll probably end up having to kill every last one of them on my way out. A shame that they wouldn't listen to the truth."

He removed the spare lockpick he kept in the lining of his cloak and picked the lock. Once it clicked open, he moved into the hallway and blended into the shadows. He hadn't been one of Prixima's best for nothing - if these guards wouldn't think to check for all of his equipment, that was their own lookout.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: July 11, 2013, 06:39:49 pm »

:"What scares me, Salvatore, is the possibility of betraying the sense of duty I've utterly devoted myself to for a long time."

Salvatore was silent for a bit after Alexander's answer. Wasn't the reaction he was looking for, not at all, indeed he was hoping to rile the knight and put a fire in him, show him that if he's devoted to his cause. But this... This will be more difficult than he thought... The man sighed.

"Duty is ah funny thing. It can make one do ah lot o' things, o' all the saints an' sinners ah duty was their drivin' force, their goal, their loife, but all o' 'em duty one the same. Oi could tell yah if'in Oi think yer ah traitor... But, heh, tha don' matter worth ah rat's arse, trust me, Oi know." The man shook his head. "No, the real question, is if'in yah think yer one, but it isn' one yah can jus' know by thinkin', no. If'in yah were hopin' fer me ta tell yah yer not an' tha bein' tha, Oi'm afraid Oi can' do tha... Heh, such matters ain' so simple, yah see, though Oi wish it were. But what Oi can do, what Oi can do is maybe help yah understand what bein' one is, an' what bein' one isn'. Oi've been on both sides o' tha coin." Although his tone unusually somber, he held a smile on his face.

"Now tell me, what are yah devoted ta? Ah sense o' duty can mean ah lot o' things, what do yah see as the apple in yer eye, the goal tha yah strive fer? Yah don' loike Berebia, 'er the people in it, tha much Oi've guessed enough, haha." The laugh was an attempt at humor, although not a particularly good one.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: July 11, 2013, 06:58:24 pm »

:"Well, Menelea. ...But also, I hold the most loyalty to the man who squired me, though he's long been dead- he died in this country, to an axeman who came in from a flank I couldn't protect."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: July 11, 2013, 07:08:13 pm »

After a bit of wandering, Gregor decides to find some of the rest of the group...preferably not Mia or Ami.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 07:11:19 pm by Sirus »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: July 11, 2013, 07:25:03 pm »

@Alexander
Sal shook his head. "War's ah terrible thin', the taker o' lives an' the shredder o' dreams, ain' it? Let me ask yah, why Menelea? Why do yah feel such ties ta yer country?" His tone wasn't confrontational, rather honestly curious. "Do yah wish ta protect yer home, yer hearth, the people there yah feel ah kinship wit'? Yer ah soldier, ah knoight even. But are yah one o' the place... 'Er the people? This man, the man who squired yah, he was important ta yah, wasn' he." The last comment was more a statement than a question.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: July 11, 2013, 07:35:56 pm »

After a few moments, Chris heard footsteps... a guard, patrolling the cells. There was a startled cry when the man noticed that, although the door of the cell was closed and locked, the prisoner was nowhere in sight. He grinned to himself as the man rushed over and flipped through the keys at his belt. Now was the time. He stepped out of the shadows, grabbed the back of the man's head, and slammed it against the bars to stun him before pulling him back into the shadows and slamming him back-first into the wall, forearm against his throat.

"Hello there. We meet again. I expect you're not going to talk to me out of a sense of bravado, so I'll not ask you to. Instead, I'm taking your keys, but I'm leaving you your life. Be grateful I'm not actually your enemy."

He shifted around and put the guard in a choke, releasing him once he was unconscious, and took the keys from his body after checking to make sure he was still alive and breathing. He had been in his share of jails (many small village didn't like vagrants and would lock him up overnight before throwing him out in the morning), and in his experience the evidence room was always near the cells. This jail didn't disappoint him. No one was in it at the moment, and it was a simple task to retrieve his equipment from the various places it had been placed. He put the keys on the table as he left... but also grabbed the 2000 gold reward he had been promised.

Getting out without hurting anybody should have been hard to do, but he managed it... mainly because the majority of the guard (captain included) were speaking with Lord Mannan and trying to convince him they had caught a spy. He stepped out of the shadows of the corridor and threw a sarcastic little salute at the bishop and the guards.

"Ah. There you are, Lord Tunhausen. Have these incompetent louts bothered to tell you that your cousin, Lady Cadara, was killed in her own shop by a man named Vagris, and that if it wasn't for my efforts he would have gotten away with it? And as thanks for that, they accuse me of working for Prixima Kesselring and locked me up?"

He laughed as he walked past them to the exit.

"They're quite silly, aren't they? Tell them they can give me the reward money later. I have better things to do than languish in their hospitality. Oh, and the keys are in the evidence room."

He found Gregor outside not long after that and waved in greeting.

"Good to see you again, Gregor. A word of warning: the guards here still think we work for Prixima. They already tried to lock me up."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: July 11, 2013, 07:37:37 pm »

:"Yes. He was. ...And I suppose the reason I feel such duty to Menelea in the first place is to carry on his."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: July 11, 2013, 07:44:25 pm »

@ Chris

Gregor pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

: "Please tell me you didn't kill anyone breaking out of jail?"

: "Anyway, I have a question, sort of related to what we were talking about earlier. If you could give Ami - or Mia I guess - a gift, what would you get?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: July 11, 2013, 07:51:59 pm »

"I didn't use excessive force. The guy patrolling the cells is going to wake up with a headache and a sore throat, though. I imagine the lot of them are getting a lecture right about now."

Gregor asked him a question, and he thought about it.

"Hmm. I suppose it depends on which one. I've noticed Ami prefers books and flowers, while Mia likes things like perfume and jewelry. The ideal gift would probably be a jeweled pendent depicting a flower."

"You're asking because you're looking for something for Charlotte. Am I right? If so, I don't know much that can help you... except that when the two of us found the Lapis Lazuli, it was hidden in a box of blueberry sweets, which we split. She seemed to enjoy them."
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 559