Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 559

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread  (Read 416746 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread
« Reply #3870 on: June 13, 2013, 03:24:32 am »

"To the Blackmoore Abbey. An old abbey that was often used as garrison as well. In two days, Council of Sages will be hosted there. I'm going to ask the ones learned in ancient magic and scrolls if Dragonstones can be misused for some greater use than mere family stones. Dragon Magistrate will be there, scholars from Horenn University and some Ysian mages as well. Surely representatives of scholarly families like Forsaken or Camillant will show up as well. Plenty of opportunities to study, who knows, maybe they willl be interested in helping us in some other ways, too."

"...if you don't mind, I will be leaving now. I've already said I feel no interest in this dirty affair." Dag chimed in right after Mannan, and then looked at Gregor's group.

"Thanks for your help. If not you, I would be dead by now. Maybe the spirits guide you well."
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 05:23:38 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: June 13, 2013, 03:54:57 am »

Alexander looked at Dag, entirely tempted to follow him. It was his last chance, after all...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: June 13, 2013, 08:44:02 am »

Charlotte looked at Mannan, a bit confused in their purpose in this affair.

: "And you want us to... guard you from danger while you're there?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: June 13, 2013, 09:06:25 am »

"Yes. I won't ask you to participate in our discussions. I found out that mercenaries fare better than soldiers when someone sneaks away for a meeting with enemies of the king, really."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: June 13, 2013, 09:07:59 am »

Charlotte nodded, a bit relieved.

: "Very well. But... would your highness allow me to listen in, even if I do not participate? I, too, have a vested interest in the nature of the Dragonstones, though it is not as sinister as I assume Lady Kesselring's to be."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: June 13, 2013, 09:10:45 am »

Mannan looked Charlotte over, his lips curved in a smirk. Dag silently nodded and walked out of the room.

"You have interest in Dragonstones? May I ask - why? You don't look like a scholar to me, or a noble."
SigFlags!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: June 13, 2013, 09:14:40 am »

Charlotte reached into her robe and, once again, pulled out the Tiger's Eye in all its luminescent, red-gold beauty.

: "I have been protecting it for a purpose which I, to this day, still do not understand. Perhaps knowing more about the stones' nature will reveal this purpose to me."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: June 13, 2013, 09:26:39 am »

Manna's eyes widened, but he allowed himself to be surprised only for a moment.

"Hmmm, that's.... that's Tiger's Eye, if I'm not mistaken. It's history is as tumultous as it's owners' past. I don't remember the name of the family that had it... but if you wish, I believe the library of mine might be of some help. It's in the tower opposite to this one. If you want to read on this stone before this night's sleep. And please... keep it out of sight. You will be in trouble if someone less friendly than me finds out."
SigFlags!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: June 13, 2013, 09:44:01 am »

"Hmm. You may have a point there. I think I'll visit the library as well; two people can deal with troublemakers better than one, and I can help find whatever documents she needs."

Besides, he hadn't seen the inside of a library for several months. It'd be nice to do a bit of reading.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: June 13, 2013, 09:58:30 am »

"And in the meanwhile, I will take knighty guy here for a walk to an inn." Anja murmured, patting Alexander on the head.
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: June 14, 2013, 06:48:12 am »

The soldiers paid no attention to the couples as they moved to their destination. The library tower was dusty, a little quiet, quite dark, and inhabited by a wrinkly, old man with impressive goatee-like beard that reached down to his waist.

"Erro, younguns. How old Garpan can 'elp ye? Sneaking into the night? Need a manual?" The old man chuckled and then lit a lantern, and then another, illuminating the first floor. Shelves had many books on them, and whilst dust was basically everywhere, the books were clean of it.
SigFlags!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: June 14, 2013, 09:42:05 am »

Gregor breathed deeply, smiling a little at the familiar scent of paper and leather. Memories of his childhood filled his head: reading history texts, magical theory and, when his father wasn't looking, tales of brave heroes like Ike or Lyndis.

Sadly, there was no time for idle reading at the moment. He nodded politely at Garpan. "Good evening. Do you have any information on Dragonstones? What families are said to own them, for instance?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: June 14, 2013, 09:54:12 am »

The old man scratched his head and glanced at the shelves for a moment.

"There are few volumes regarding ownership of the Dragonstones. Which Berebian stone interests you? I think I had a copy of 'The List of Holy Dragon Stones and their Rightful Owners' from the third century... unless you meant something more recent? I might have a copy of 'History of Berebian Dragonstones' somewhere too..."
SigFlags!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: June 14, 2013, 09:59:52 am »

"That third century text sounds like as good a place to start as any. We're not sure if we're even looking for a Berebian stone."
Gregor carefully ignored the question about which stone in particular they were hunting for. He doubted the old man would try to steal it, but the fewer people aware of the Tiger's Eye the better.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: June 14, 2013, 10:02:01 am »

"Please sit on th' table, then. I will find it for ye. And no finger licking! I hate that! It glues the pages!" He grumbled out loud, begind slowly walking off toward the shelves with one of the lanterns in his hand.

After a while, he was back, with three rather small books in his hands. The titles read 'The List of Holy Dragon Stones and their Rightful Owners', 'History of Berebian Dragonstones' and 'On the Missing Dragonstones'. The last one was from year 504, quite recent, so to speak.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:56:28 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 559