Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Planetfall  (Read 1975 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Planetfall
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 08:22:37 pm »

There’s a hiss of pneumatics from above you as the bots deploy from their capsules, and, before long, they have dug you out.  And within another few moments they have your inert body placed within a small walled area made from the capsule’s doors.

Unfortunately, the bots have neither the experience, let alone the parts to put you back together. An while their parts are relatively well-made, it would be impossible to cannibalize them to use their parts on yourself. But, thanks to the fact that these droids are connected to the data core, you could take personal control of one of them, if you wished to have a form.

However, your parts, added to their bodies would greatly enhance their efficiency, among other things.

What now?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 08:26:15 pm »

Send drones as scouts and miners.
Begin collecting the resources to build new parts for yourself.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2013, 08:56:50 am »

NAh, Have the drones look for other parts of the ship. Salvage first, then mining.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2013, 12:50:13 pm »

NAh, Have the drones look for other parts of the ship. Salvage first, then mining.
True enough. +1.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2013, 03:19:00 pm »

True enough. +1.

Jyup.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2013, 03:37:07 pm »

Ptw
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2013, 04:15:56 pm »

True enough. +1.
Jyup.
I concur.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 08:54:10 pm »

((Ahem, sorry about the delay. I was celebrating Valentines.))

The drones scurry off, leaving your defenseless form in the soft ash, surrounded by the pockmarked and charred metal of the pods. It takes a long while, and the dim red light is rapidly fading by the time they get back, dragging a few shattered husks from the station’s secondary data-cores.

A quick examination through the eyes of a drone...|... reveals that these husks used to be part of one of your targeting arrays and are still in good condition.  | Most of the parts seem to be useless in your current state. 

| However, these parts would greatly increase your response time when aiming at something.

What now?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2013, 03:53:15 am »

Fit the targeting array to yourself, some drones continue searching for parts, others explore the wreckage to find any semi-intact room usaable as a shelter, and transfer you there for the time being.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2013, 02:05:06 am »

Fit the targeting array to yourself
You require more duct-tape.
*cough*

It takes some gentle work from your drones, and some peeling away of your exoskeleton, but the parts of the targeting array is quickly installed in a shoulder space, between the tubes that filter power between your various limbs and systems.

You send your drones out into the cold, dark night, waiting, staring up at alien stars. Cold wind blows through the volcanic plain, frost forming on the makeshift wall that surrounds you.

It's morning time when they arrive back from their scouting, one of them hitching you up and draping your rag-doll form over its broad mechanical shoulder. The rest snatch up the walls, carrying them like shields by handles inset into the metal, cleverly built for robotic limbs.

A husk of a some part of you lays buried in the ash, in the epicenter of a massive crater. Inside is dark, but a quick switch to night vision lets you see the room in all its glory; of tangled steel, broken wire, piping, and burnt, ruined computer husks.

They set you in the center of the room, and a quick scan of their data-logs reveal its empty; devoid of usable parts, computers, and other droids.

The north and east walls, after a long corridor, are shattered and twisted, letting in the red-light of a dim dwarf star. The south and west rooms, however, are stable, bearing a few charcoal remnants of furniture who's purpose was long forgotten.

What now?
Pages: 1 2 [3]