Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Planetfall  (Read 1989 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Planetfall
« on: February 10, 2013, 02:27:48 pm »

Spoiler: Image:Sucky (click to show/hide)

On a satellite, drifting between stars:
A soft, gentle breeze blows through the beach, ruffling your hair as you meditate in silence. You breath in and out, slowly, before lifting your gaze towards the bright blue sun that hangs in the air. Your eyes adjusting to the shimmering blue light to notice it’s dimming, flickering, dulling.
   Just as you think this, the calm, tranquil beach reverts to a broad room, lined with wall-sized screens, each listing some important vital information.
   And all of it is in the red.

A floating done appears in front of you, its chirpy voice calling out, “Controller! The station’s Delta engine is sputtering. We have an approximate three solar hours before it goes out completely. Suggested emergency landing on a planet for emergency repairs.”

“With this in mind, I’ve compiled a list of nearby solar systems for you to peruse. Dilation effect activating.” It responds, before you even say a word, and you feel the constant ticking of time slow, almost cease as your mind goes into overdrive to contemplate where you’ll make planet fall.
   Thirteen screens appear in front of you in a microsecond, listing several systems, their planets and their stars. After viewing the distance it would take and doing some math to determine how far you can travel in three hours, you narrow it down to four.
   It takes longer to contemplate these, than it does the others.

Spoiler:  {679} (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  {681} (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: {677} (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: {678} (click to show/hide)

Now it's just a matter of picking where in the hell you'll crash.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 06:42:44 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetfall - Betwixt the Void
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 02:40:51 pm »

681,I
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 02:44:37 pm »

678,III
I want the random planet.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 03:22:48 pm »

[681,I]

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 03:25:56 pm »

[677, I]
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 03:38:38 pm »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 03:39:44 pm »

681, III
Ruins of a ship=engines.

No time for that now, we need to explore the anomalous planet!
(Prospector has taught us well.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 04:19:28 pm »

681-II
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 04:29:53 pm »

681,I

I like this.

I really hope it breaks up in atmosphere, only a few people surviving, having to pick up the parts separated by the rip of hot atmospheric winds.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:31:46 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 06:06:01 pm »

Spoiler:  {681,I} (click to show/hide)

With a gesture, the platform shifts, directing itself with bursts from the barely functioning engines. You run a finger over the surface of a screen, feeling the dilation of time fade as you complete the necessary calculations.
With a blink, you’re standing atop the main engine core, a dome of power holding back the primal fury of a captured sun. You sit cross-legged on your heart and soul, just as the thrusters flare to life. Matter, space and time blur around you as the long-forgotten but still familiar power roars into your veins and the satellite soars through space.
   You activate time dilation, making each second that passes feel like an eternity as you enjoy, perhaps, your last flight.

You pass three planets, and you’re close, relatively, of course, to [681,I]. You have a few seconds --which to yourself, is all the time in the world-- to adjust your fall trajectory according to your wishes. You tap your fingers on the energy shield surrounding your heart as you think.

How would you like to land?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:08:35 pm by filiusenox »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 06:11:46 pm »

The South Pole!
Assemble a space penguin army.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 06:13:35 pm »

With a gesture, the platform shifts, directing itself with bursts from the barely functioning engines. You run a finger over the surface of a screen, feeling the dilation of time fade as you complete the necessary calculations.
With a blink, you’re standing atop the main engine core, a dome of power holding back the primal fury of a captured sun. You sit cross-legged on your heart and soul, just as the thrusters flare to life. Matter, space and time blur around you as the long-forgotten but still familiar power roars into your veins and the satellite soars through space.
   You activate time dilation, making each second that passes feel like an eternity as you enjoy, perhaps, your last flight.

You pass three planets, and you’re close, relatively, of course, to [681,I]. You have a few seconds --which to yourself, is all the time in the world-- to adjust your fall trajectory according to your wishes. You tap your fingers on the energy shield surrounding your heart as you think.

In the cool Volcalnic north, try to save the passengers, not the ship, Let it twist and rip apart. Keep the cabins and quarters whole. We can pick up the other pieces later.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 06:18:25 pm »

In the cool Volcalnic north, try to save the passengers, not the ship, Let it twist and rip apart. Keep the cabins and quarters whole. We can pick up the other pieces later.

This thought is too nagging to let escape your mind. You haven’t had passengers...since before this sun was born. An eternity, even to yourself.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 06:19:02 pm »

+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 06:22:12 pm »

Your mind wanders as you let your ship rip free, numb, and guided into the cool north, you know little of the planet but hope for soft seas, mosses, and a deep forest. The loud screeching of wind burning metal is tinny in your ear and faint as you coil out and save yourself, and hope the best for the engines.
Pages: [1] 2 3