Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 72

Author Topic: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard  (Read 99569 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard
« Reply #915 on: May 17, 2013, 12:27:48 am »

We have no idea what the goblin production rate is...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 17, 2013, 07:44:46 am »

We have no idea what the goblin production rate is...
Well, we do know they come from those filth pits, which don't take 9 months to build and fill, so even if it's one goblin per pit there's still an advantage.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 17, 2013, 07:52:53 pm »

What if each pit produces one goblin per five years? If they start fully-grown, that would still grant them advantages over humans...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 17, 2013, 09:31:03 pm »

In that case, we deconstruct the pit or make a new one.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 17, 2013, 09:57:04 pm »

? humans are brought by a stork, presumably without a 9 mounth waiting period. Not only that but WE are a goblin, we shouldn't think of them as disposable
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 17, 2013, 10:17:27 pm »

? humans are brought by a stork, presumably without a 9 mounth waiting period.
There's still a 10-20-year waiting period.

Not only that but WE are a goblin, we shouldn't think of them as disposable
Well...there are humans that consider other humans disposeable...
But it all depends on the cause. To serve Fellhawk? No question.
Sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 17, 2013, 10:33:13 pm »

I think that we have our own role here, we are not slaves to Fellhawk, just very close allies who do each other favours. Now Fellhawk is important and all, and a few sacrifices can be made to a friend who is, obviously, purely based upon total expected life, much more important than a single goblin, but we certainly have leeway to have disagreements. If we feel that Fellhawk is better served by the followers still being alive and Fellhawk feels that incurring the wrath of the lifers would be hilarious, than I think that we can decide our own methods of worship...

We have no idea how reproduction works, evidently it is a mysterious and magical thing that only those who have witnessed the process can fully appreciate. So lets not make assumptions here...
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 17, 2013, 10:54:39 pm »

I'm not making assumptions abotu goblin replacement rates. We've not been here a week, yet the Birthing Pit is almost ready to Birth a goblin.

And as to the "Not Slaves to Fellhawk" thing: Even assuming no divine wrath, there are probably many people willing to die for their god.
Sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 17, 2013, 11:30:11 pm »

The pit is very nearly operational. That does not tell us how long it takes to get a working goblin...
Read the First Post!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 18, 2013, 09:25:25 am »

There is one thing nobody is considering here: we are dealing with sentient beigns. I am not going to elaborate a speech about the ethic implications of sending someone in a suicide mission, but I'm going to say that if we send a gobbo to a suicide mission, he could simply betray us and join the lifies. And then we would have an army informed about our weaknesses next day at our camp.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: May 18, 2013, 09:50:13 am »

1. There are people who go on suicide missions, IRL.
2. To avoid making anyone angry, let's just say that these have a higher-than-random-chance probability of having religious purposes.
3. Religious suicide missions are even more likely when the god in question is sufficiently real and active to invoke its wrath or bestow its blessings.
4. Remind me, what was the suicide mission again?
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 18, 2013, 10:08:46 am »

Well, that's true, but there is still a chance of the gobbo betraying us, we don't know how much do they like the god.

Answering 4: the suicide mission was to send a lone gobbo with the Fellaxe to kill the tree, probably causing him to be improsoned and killed. That alternative was suggested and I do not support it. I admit that all depends on probabilities, but, still, I don't like the idea of getting our villagers under very risky situations.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 18, 2013, 10:17:54 am »

I don't think that we have the right culture to have suicidal folks. I mean, folk are pretty willing to follow commands, but they are all pretty mundane things like getting food for everyone to eat, or making a shelter for everyone to sleep in. It all falls under the basic premise of, help the community and the community will help you. This is more about helping the community by leaving it...
Read the First Post!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 18, 2013, 10:54:34 am »

Yes, lets not go killing our workers.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 18, 2013, 11:17:27 am »

Answering 4: the suicide mission was to send a lone gobbo with the Fellaxe to kill the tree, probably causing him to be improsoned and killed. That alternative was suggested and I do not support it. I admit that all depends on probabilities, but, still, I don't like the idea of getting our villagers under very risky situations.
Remind me, why was that supposed to be a good idea?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 72