Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 72

Author Topic: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard  (Read 99598 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard
« Reply #825 on: May 11, 2013, 07:04:30 pm »

Tagracka: Vomit into fitlh pit.
Hunters: Split-up and go after both dead deerple near the ridge-back. Recover spear when ridge-back is distracted...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Turn 49
« Reply #826 on: May 12, 2013, 06:07:22 am »

Turn 49:

Site:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gargle tends to his assistant by telling him to vomit into the pit. He assures his assistant that vomit is aloud since it hasn't been 'used' yet.

You take the time to inspect your hats. They appear to be fine but have eaten a lot of the grass in their small enclosure. You grab a hand full of grass from outside and put it in for them to eat.

The Woodworkers move onto another tree but discover it has fruit in it. They decide to chop down the one next to it instead.

SouthWest(pond):
The Goblin makes sure the deerple doesn't get away and then sinks the spear deeper to finish the job.

The ridge-back is watching Jaymi and the other Human and growling at them in warning.

The scout party has arrived:
The Scouting party has arrived at the life temple.large amounts of land around the temple have been cleared to make way for farmland, much of it recently harvested. What appear to be priests are working the fields. Catching the final hours of sunlight.

There is a ring structure that encompasses the tree. The roof is made of large sheets of cloth and the rest of the structure appears to be made from the wood of ash-trees like the ones the party came across on the way here. It appears that there are either ramps or staircases that lead to the structure on the other side of the trunk.

Inventory:

Scouting Party:

Tasks:

Population:

Settler's Wants:

Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)

Informative post.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 06:10:52 am by Evil Lincoln »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 12, 2013, 06:09:58 am »

Why did we bring the fellaxe on the scouting mission?

Try to keep it out of sight, then go ask a guided tour from the nearest priest

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 12, 2013, 06:16:05 am »

Because it took 20 days of updates for them to make it to the temple. I didn't want you guys to wait 20 days and then say "I wish we had of brought the axe".

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 12, 2013, 06:29:11 am »

Can we enter the temple? Of course we keep our motives secret and the fellaxe even more...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 12, 2013, 07:19:53 am »

Retreat from the ridgeback. It has puppies (or however you want to call its babies).
I don't think it will give up any of those deerples. And since there is enough wildlife around us, it's nor worth it to maybe lose a man just to get those deerples. We will get the spear later.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 12, 2013, 07:50:29 am »

Retreat from the ridgeback. It has puppies (or however you want to call its babies).
I don't think it will give up any of those deerples. And since there is enough wildlife around us, it's nor worth it to maybe lose a man just to get those deerples. We will get the spear later.
didnt see the puppies... +1
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 12, 2013, 08:17:00 am »

Surely the plan is now obvious. Distract mother, and kidnap some puppies. We definitely won't be getting attacked in the night by ridgebacks!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 12, 2013, 08:32:31 am »

Why did we bring the fellaxe on the scouting mission?
To cut down the tree.

didnt see the puppies... +1
Still don't. Where are they? I might change my plans if there are drakelings...hatchlings...puppies? No, that's silly for any form of life except dogs.

Hunting Party:
Other Human--Run screaming, as instructed earlier. Or help the goblin.
Jaymi: Approach non-threateningly, grab the spear from the dead deerple, and run quickly.
Goblin: Begin hauling carcass back to camp.

Scout Party:
Sneak into the structure, posing as pilgrims interested in seeing this god's temple.
...Pilgrims who have been through a lot of danger.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 12, 2013, 08:35:15 am »

Still don't. Where are they? I might change my plans if there are drakelings...hatchlings...puppies? No, that's silly for any form of life except dogs.
Base of the tree at the center south of the pond area

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 12, 2013, 08:36:29 am »

Gah, so cute.

Okay, fine, the single parent ridgeback can have everything.

Keep vomiting Tagracka, don't hold anything back!

Get Tagracka something to eat and drink, and then put them to rest.

Use Stone blocks to make a large hats pen for the hats and its peer.

Make spears.

Village: Start campfire.

Scout party: hide until dusk, then >Kill Tree with Fellaxe.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 12, 2013, 09:53:03 am »

I have an idea about the killing of the tree:

1)The Fellaxe gobbo hides.
2)The rest of the team ask for accomodation in the temple, or a nearby village. The idea is to make sure the priests see that that group is not responsible from the death of the tree. Maybe they con offer to participate in the watch at night?
3)Night starts and the Fellaxe gobbo hacks the tree and runs back home. ALONE
4)The rest of the team try to look as impressed as possible.
5)The team goes back to the village at dawn.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hunters:
Focus in the deerple in the bushes, forget about the others.
Thet can come later for the bones and the spear.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 12, 2013, 11:26:22 am »

Did our god say which part of the tree needed to be hacked. If it spreads, we can just attack a root or something.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 12:06:07 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 12, 2013, 11:53:41 am »

Did our beloved which part of the tree needed to be hacked. If it spreads, we can just attack a root or something.
We just have to pierce the bark, the God said.

Quote from: Fellhawk
My followers, I have bestowed upon you the Fellaxe so that you may use it to free the ancient tree in the ash forest. The tree has prayed to me to be released from life and I have chosen you to answer its prayers. Simply piece the bark of the tree with the Fellaxe and the deed will be done.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 12, 2013, 12:17:37 pm »

Base of the tree at the center south of the pond area
Oh, okay. I suggest that if possible, a hunter try to catch one so we can raise a baby Ridgeback!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 72