Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 72

Author Topic: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard  (Read 99608 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard
« Reply #780 on: May 06, 2013, 09:12:25 am »

Offer 4 lumber and a pelt for two bags of jumping beans springnuts.
This.
Also, ask if they know something about the seeds we have. And why those nuts can be grown in the south only. Also ask why that goblin idol is so expensive.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The orders:
Mason: sculpt a statue of Fellhwak.
Monty: help the mason
Carpenter: make sign
Goblin smelting: keep smelting
Everybody gathering food: keep gathering food
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hunters:
-Have someone pick the spear and finish the deerple.
-Have the useless human standing at the other side of the river get on the west side of the bushes where the deerples who are lost are.
-Once the injured deerple is finished, have the spear guys grab the spears and make them stand in the eastern side of the bushes already mentioned.
-Have the useless human do something useful and make him scream to make the deerples run into the spear guys.
-Have the spear guys stab like there is no tomorrow.
-Gather inhuman strenght and carry the beasts back to the village.

I support the name Stoneface

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 06, 2013, 10:21:06 am »

Totally forgot to say. His clothes are worth 5 yollars.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 06, 2013, 12:49:53 pm »

The only good thing about his clothes is the hat. We already have some plans for headwear involving fluffy hexapods.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 06, 2013, 04:41:55 pm »

We should also greet the traders and ask the name of their fine beast.
If you guys want to do this I'll do the naming instead of you.
I'd like to suggest calling it the Brown Stonefaced Drake.
(The Brown Tusked Drake's name doesn't seem to be in the informative post, now that I look there. Could you fix that?)

I'm tempted to buy the trader's clothes just because...but I'd rather buy useful stuff. Like the nuts.
Can we plant the nuts? If so, buy as many of them as we can.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Turn 47
« Reply #784 on: May 08, 2013, 04:52:11 am »

Turn 47:

Site:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You give the Rapn one pelt and 4 wood in exchange for the two bags of springnuts.(+5xp)

You ask the Rapn if the nuts could grow here as you make the exchange. He tells you that those nuts would never grow as the green parts have been removed. Apparently the nuts originally have two parts and both of them are needed for a plant to grow. Since the green bits aren't tasty and have no use to the northerners they get removed. At least that is how the Rapn thinks it works. He's no farmer.

If you did have some full springnuts he's not sure if they'd grow since it isn't near the southern coast. These nuts came from Greenshallow. (information post has been updated)

You have him take a look inside the bag of seeds some of the villagers brought with them. Out of the five varieties he recognizes two. You have about 10 units of full springnuts (30 actual nuts) and 5 units (10 actual seeds) of something he thinks are turbish seeds. Turbishes taste foul but you can squeeze them for oil.  That leaves you with another 40 units of unidentified seeds.

You ask him why the idol is worth so much. He tells you it is of the finest craftsmanship money can buy. It doesn't look very impressive to you.

The Rapn asks if your business is done.

Rapn Wares:

Rapn Offers:

Monty goes over to the Mason and they discuss plans to make a statue of Fellhawk's astral form, which is of course a hawk (only deader). They set aside 5 stone for the task.

Tagracka has a bit of a headache now.

The Carpenter takes 3 wood and begins to make a sign.

SouthWest(pond):
The ridge-back to the south shows unexpected speed and tackles one of the fleeing deerple. Sinking it's teeth into the animals shoulder. Some of the deeples have stopped to avoid going near the Ridge-back but the one Jaymi speared charges forward regardless.

The goblin takes his spear from the ground and takes advantage of the fact that some of the deerples collided and manages to spear one of them in the midsection as it is trying to get up.

Inventory:

Scouting Party:

Tasks:

Population:

Settler's Wants:

Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)

Informative post.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 04:58:47 am by Evil Lincoln »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 08, 2013, 05:57:28 am »

Hunters: recover your spears, and anything attached to them, and drag it back to the village.
Someone: Go to the hunting area with a wooden plank, and use it to knock down some of those Purple Whirples.
Leader: Offer 3 Yollars for the clothes. Discuss the unflattering folds and comment that it makes their head look lumpy. Then conclude trading.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 08, 2013, 09:03:29 am »

Get a goblin (is our priest a goblin?) to take a look at that idol and see if it's worth a lot. Try and have him not betray himself if it's holyshitawesome so they don't raise the price and then buy it, and if it's worth nothing, ignore it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 08, 2013, 09:20:36 am »

Trading stuff:
For me is ok, we don't need anything else. I'm against buying useless crap (this includes the clothes)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orders:
Everybody is already doing something, so keep gathering food.
Well, maybe:
Avatar: explain the yolc about the seeds. Tell him to plant them widely spaciated, and also separated by type of seed, so that we can identify the crop.
And maybe someone can gather the ashes from the forge and use them as fertilizer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hunting stuff:

As it would be dangerous to retrieve the spear form the leg-wounded deerple (because of the ridgeback), it could be better to make all of them circle the other wounded deerple until it bleeds out.
So:
Hunters: circle injured deerple in the bushes.
Ridgeback: get greedy and kill injured deerple running towards you.
Leg-injured deerple: try to unstick that spear in your leg.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 08, 2013, 05:19:02 pm »

Avatar: explain the yolc about the seeds. Tell him to plant them widely spaciated, and also separated by type of seed, so that we can identify the crop.
And maybe someone can gather the ashes from the forge and use them as fertilizer.
Hunting stuff:

As it would be dangerous to retrieve the spear form the leg-wounded deerple (because of the ridgeback), it could be better to make all of them circle the other wounded deerple until it bleeds out.
So:
Hunters: circle injured deerple in the bushes.
Ridgeback: get greedy and kill injured deerple running towards you.
Leg-injured deerple: try to unstick that spear in your leg.
Sounds pretty good.

((Calling them "Tuskers" or something makes sense. After all, we truncate the names of all drakes. Even the Brown Stonefaced Drakes.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 08, 2013, 07:27:32 pm »

I dislike calling everything drakes...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 08, 2013, 08:57:45 pm »

I'll admit I have no idea why everything has drake in it. I don't think Ridge-backs are remotely birdlike.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 08, 2013, 09:06:23 pm »

I'll admit I have no idea why everything has drake in it. I don't think Ridge-backs are remotely birdlike.
The kind of drake that's draconic.
Sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 08, 2013, 10:10:36 pm »

I always thought of dragons as typically possessing more than one of the following qualities: Flight, Fire breath, Wings on a quadruped, Intellectual but uncivilised, Reptilian features, Large enough to make human comparisons inappropriate, And opposed to human civilisation. Most of our drakes would be pushing it to make two and those would be the dull 'reptillian and liable to eat someone if it gets a chance' category...
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 08, 2013, 10:22:04 pm »

I always thought of dragons as typically possessing more than one of the following qualities: Flight, Fire breath, Wings on a quadruped, Intellectual but uncivilised, Reptilian features, Large enough to make human comparisons inappropriate, And opposed to human civilisation. Most of our drakes would be pushing it to make two and those would be the dull 'reptillian and liable to eat someone if it gets a chance' category...
Well, you're obviously none too well-versed in dragon lore.
Take ampitheres. Flying, sure, but no fire, no legs, not always intelligent but often civilized when they are, avian, not particularly giant, and not particularly opposed to humans. Or how about the dragonet, which is small and flightless, and in fact only has the "winged quadruped" and maybe the "reptilian" one? Heck, Eastern dragons are civilized, wingless, apyric, have more piscine or mammalian characteristics than reptilian, aren't usually huge, and get along with or are aloof to human civilization. Your definition is specific to a few dragons.
And that's not even getting into modern-fictional dragons. For instance: Check here. Notice how each medium has its own trope page. There's a lot of different kinds of dragons out there.
Sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 08, 2013, 11:11:40 pm »

Nice try, but you won't trick me into walking over the bottomless pit. The fact is that a name is only as good as its consistency, and if you include everything that has ever been referred to as a dragon(This would likely include a few abstract concepts and methodologies) then the word doesn't really mean anything at all. We have basically seen the equivalent of a shark, tuna, squid, and whale. There is no real reason to believe that they are particularly closely related, and none of them show the least signs of being any more draconic than an average lizard.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 72