Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 72

Author Topic: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard  (Read 99653 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build A Village: Lordsmiths and wordplay
« Reply #600 on: April 08, 2013, 04:36:08 pm »

Think.

We follow a God of Death.
That tree is surrounded by a village worshipping a God of Life.
There's going to be danger.

And I don't propose sending all our weapons, silly.
Yeah, if they know that we worship a God of Death. An armored party would look suspicious.
Also, half our weapons are being used by the hunters.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 08, 2013, 04:47:12 pm »

Think.

We follow a God of Death.
That tree is surrounded by a village worshipping a God of Life.
There's going to be danger.

And I don't propose sending all our weapons, silly.
Yeah, if they know that we worship a God of Death. An armored party would look suspicious.
Also, half our weapons are being used by the hunters.
Firstly, if they know, do you think they'd leave unarmed civilians alone or do you think they'd purge the unclean and/or assume they had supernatural powers?
Secondly, then don't use those weapons.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 08, 2013, 04:50:59 pm »

So, you propose sending the guard with the exploration party? As he has no activity yet, it wouldn't hurt our economy. I'm not against that, just don't get into trouble, yet.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 08, 2013, 05:02:52 pm »

So, you propose sending the guard with the exploration party? As he has no activity yet, it wouldn't hurt our economy. I'm not against that, just don't get into trouble, yet.
That would work. Probably send some unarmed people, too, both to round it out and not seem like an invasion.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 08, 2013, 05:08:10 pm »

Well, I don't know which alternative is better to look less agressive: few, armed people, or a bunch of people, some armed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 08, 2013, 05:10:52 pm »

Well, I don't know which alternative is better to look less agressive: few, armed people, or a bunch of people, some armed.
The one with unarmed people. What kind of military expedition sends more unarmed people than armed into the field?
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 08, 2013, 05:18:02 pm »

That's true. So, we send the human and the guard with them?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 08, 2013, 05:32:37 pm »

Maybe a couple others; 1:3 is a less suspicious ratio than 1:1.

Of course, this assumes wee have spare hands.
Sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 08, 2013, 07:48:52 pm »

Send in a small party and sneak into their camp to chop down the tree in the dead of noon, when everything is at its noisiest.

-We and Monty: quickly say goodbye to the trappers and GO AND GET THE FUCKING HATS. Come at them from both directions, and make sure to get the coloured one, put down some spare planks to trap them. Then drop them back in their ring, reinforce it, then feed them.
-New unspecialized goblin: teach him how to use a smelter and make him melt metal.
-Mason: make bolcks ... build a table with the stones we have.
-Guard: ... Dig a ring around our settlement, lets give it a radius of about 80 metres, centred on the stockpile, and dump the dirt on the inside of the ring to make a small wall.
-Yolc (when he arrives): make farm.
-Shaman and assistant: WHY ON EARTH AREN'T YOU GATHERING ROTTING STUFF??? Go hunt down some rotting stuff.

Caps lock is even funnier than bolding.

Yes, let the goblins explore it first.

I'm going to propose something, what about if each group of workers (doesn't matter the task) has at least one human? That way, we are sure that there will always be an intelligent being with them.

If you support this, then, we should send the human gathering berries with the goblins heading east.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let there be class warfare!!!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 09, 2013, 07:51:05 am »

Maybe a couple others; 1:3 is a less suspicious ratio than 1:1.

Of course, this assumes wee have spare hands.
Spare hands that we don't have. Also, we risk starvation unless the exploration party brings food in the trip back.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 09, 2013, 10:25:09 am »

So we don't think we should train our Avatar in fighting? :?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 09, 2013, 12:40:30 pm »

So we don't think we should train our Avatar in fighting? :?
Only when we have time, and more weapons. We know how to make weapons, we should know something about using them, I think.
If we send the guard with the exploration party, we should instruct him to teach them something about fighting on their way to Blackwood. Also, we can tell the party to look for food on their way back.

it has been suggested that the mason should make a table. The carpenter is already doing that, so, the mason could try to make rock blocks to build things?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 09, 2013, 03:13:14 pm »

I voted for blocks... besides, blocks are faster then tables. train the dude so we get some **Rock Table** instead of *table shaped pile of rock*
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 09, 2013, 07:58:08 pm »

Note that if we send our avatar on the mission then they will spend a lot of time in a state of being unable to gain experience. Now the quest will most likely confer a great deal of experience, but given that experience is the primary difference between our avatar and their peers, and that they have legitimate cause to remain at the village to oversee its construction, while the quest is a religious mater that may be better suited to the priest...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 10, 2013, 01:29:01 am »

Monty shoul dlead the scout group (and yes, only a scout group. how dumb is it to attack a life temple with so few fighters? Oo)

Let Yoick (the avatar) set up his forge and make some new tools. Also let his new assistent smelt some more ore. He should be able to do it alone, now.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 72