Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 72

Author Topic: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard  (Read 99696 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Build A Village: Lordsmiths and wordplay
« Reply #480 on: March 23, 2013, 10:47:39 pm »

What are boggles?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 23, 2013, 10:49:08 pm »

Right. lets have 3 shifts of 4 people for guarding. other than that i think we are just waiting.
the boggles are the things the ridgebacks dont like.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 23, 2013, 10:54:26 pm »

You mean the Tusked Ridgebacks?

Two votes for each, and one of the bogglers did it just 'cause it was first.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 23, 2013, 11:50:05 pm »

You mean the Tusked Ridgebacks?

Two votes for each, and one of the bogglers did it just 'cause it was first.
Okay I changed it to animals. I'll wait for a clearer consensus.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 24, 2013, 12:01:07 am »

I vote for Bogbles it sound like bog-bulls and they seem amenable to getting damp and have horns...

Building a wooden corral might help with catching hats, particularly if it were left open at both ends when not in use...

Let the miner rest for now, but they should work on making some rooms, lets start with some 6mx2mx2m storage.

Stone table would work, see if we can make one that would work for sacrifices too...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 24, 2013, 01:07:30 am »

I like Bogbles more than "Tusked Ridgebacks". Don't call them anything with Ridgeback in it, we have those ;)
Tuskles maybe? Are they carnivore or herbivore?

edit:

I guess there will be another turn before the next day?

Let the goblin (Yoicks assistent) rest, too, after the grey metal is ready.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 01:13:52 am by Asgarus »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 24, 2013, 09:38:59 am »

Considering that we don't know what will be our god's blessing, I would say that we should offer the animal to the god, at least this time. On the other hand the ritual can create enemies if the trappers don't like our faith. I my opinion we should send somebody (maybe the goblin shaman) to distract them while we do the ritual.

In the morning we should focus on building a table, a ladder (to access the fruit in the trees) and baskets (to carry fruit, berries, etc.).

And, also, how are we going to put light into the mine? We don't have an everlasting fuel source or anything close to it. We could make small fires, but it wouldn't be very efficient. Maybe we could trade for oil with the village? (unless the GM introduces slimes)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 24, 2013, 09:52:00 am »

The great thing about religions with living sacrifices is that you don't have to stay up at night trying to come up with new and creative ways of dealing with religious intolerants...

Let the religious ceremony go ahead with no expense spared.

Everyone who can should sleep, except that we should take turns keeping watch. Probably have three shifts of three, ask for volunteers then pick folk at random.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 24, 2013, 01:12:15 pm »

Try to remember how tolorent or intolerent people are to the worshepers of felhawk and if they arn't very tolerent ask the hunters to please wait out side the village during the sacrifice. Ask Monty Pronto! food is good,
 ofending gods is bad, don't whant to screw it up! I'm partial to tuskers as a name.Invite the hunters to a potluck diner. If we pool our food it will probably go further and this will give us a chance to socialize this will give us a good reputation, friends, and posibly religious tolerance .

...I might be spending to much time on this thread
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 01:15:04 pm by kopout »
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 24, 2013, 01:37:37 pm »

Try to remember how tolorent or intolerent people are to the worshepers of felhawk and if they arn't very tolerent ask the hunters to please wait out side the village during the sacrifice. Ask Monty Pronto! food is good,
 ofending gods is bad, don't whant to screw it up! I'm partial to tuskers as a name.Invite the hunters to a potluck diner. If we pool our food it will probably go further and this will give us a chance to socialize this will give us a good reputation, friends, and posibly religious tolerance .

...I might be spending to much time on this thread

We currently have very few food to spare. I also suggested to do something about the trappers and the ritual, but I said that we should also send somebody to talk to them so that they don't realize that we worship the God of Death, or at least until we know how tolerant is people regarding to it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 24, 2013, 02:14:49 pm »

I like Bogbles more than "Tusked Ridgebacks". Don't call them anything with Ridgeback in it, we have those ;)
Tuskles maybe?
Hence why I stated their common name could be "Tuskies," like we usually call green ridgebacks "Ridge backs." Having "Tusked Ridgeback" as the technical term and "Tuskle" as the common one is perfectly fine with me.
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 24, 2013, 02:34:52 pm »

Tuskles maybe?
Hence why I stated their common name could be "Tuskies," like we usually call green ridgebacks "Ridge backs." Having "Tusked Ridgeback" as the technical term and "Tuskle" as the common one is perfectly fine with me.
+0
Changed my vote to Tusked Bogbles

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 24, 2013, 02:39:50 pm »

Tuskles maybe?
+1 to Tuskies
+1

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 24, 2013, 02:47:24 pm »

"Tuskies" +1.
Formal name "Tusked Bogbles". We have no idea if they are apparented to Ridgebacks. *biologist mode engaged*
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 24, 2013, 02:50:29 pm »

I support bogles, but we can call them tuskies if we want.
perhaps Tusked Bogles?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 72