Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 72

Author Topic: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard  (Read 99537 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build A Village: Name pending
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2013, 10:17:10 pm »

Village should be named "Aaargh"...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2013, 10:25:45 pm »

Vllage Name: Aaarghia

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2013, 09:47:31 am »

Turn 1:

Site:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You have arrived at the site of your new settlement, Alucard. It's goblin backwards don't you know. The site is in a mountain pass at the end of a small road that splits off from the main road through the mountains. The road through the mountains is a minor trade route and sees some use. You have marked the site as your own with a banner of your colours with a hammer in the centre (due to your smithing abilities).

You are Yoick Burnsword and you are the almighty Lordsmith. With the powers of both smithing and lording on your side it is no wonder you were chosen by the group to be the leader. As a smith you made sure to bring an anvil and bellows along.

Speaking of your group, it is made up of Both Goblins and Humans who have united under the banner of Fellhawk, the lord of death. Fellhawkhas charged you with creating a settlement to house his followers. Fellhawk wishes his followers to join together instead of living in the cities of other lesser gods, or worse, men. As your settlement grows more followers will join you, be them goblin, men or that of another race.

Your current group has a few notable people. Monty the human is the self appointed high priest of Fellhawk. Gargle is the Goblin shaman responsible for managing the goblin birthing pits, once they are created that is. The rest of the group have no skills.

Inventory:

Tasks:

Settler's Wants:

Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:52:31 am by Evil Lincoln »

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Infostuff~
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2013, 09:52:47 am »

Infomation about a lot of things:

You might want to skip to the next page if you are reading from the beginning (spoilers ahead)

Current Map:
General political knowledge:

History of the Followers of Fellhawk:

General knowledge about the gods:

Nearby Critters:
Hat: Small fluffy hexapod. Has been observed being hunted and eaten by the Ridgeback. Appears to live in burrows containing large groups and feeds on grass. Despite their superior speed they can easily be outsmarted.

Apparently worn by humans as a display of authority.
Deerple: A medium sized quadraped covered in short fur. No observed predators beyond your settlement. Seen traveling in small herds which are quick to abandon other members of the herd when danger is present. Has tasty meat.
Bristleback Browt: A quadruped which is slightly larger then the Deerple but has short stocky legs. Named for the bristly fur on it's back.
Brown Tusked Drake: A medium quadruped possessing tusks. Ridgebacks appear to dislike them. Commonly known as tuskers.
Green Ridgeback: A largish quadraped with large ridges on it's back. It feeds on the local white hexapods and is protective of it's kills. It has shown no interest in eating villagers while food is available and will accept food offerings with some suspicion. A few individuals have been seen and have been observed sleeping in pairs.

Sometimes referred to as a Green Ridge-backed Drake.
Stoneface: Is used as a pack animal by Rapn Traders.

Ores:
Hexium Ore: Can be smelted into either Grey-metal or Honey-metal

Smelting for 3 turns at high heat -> Grey-metal
Smelting for 7 turns at low heat -> Honey-metal
Metals:
Grey-metal: Grey-metal is the standard metal used in most tool and weapon construction and is generally the metal most others are compared to. It can be smelted from numerous ores such as Hexium. Grey-metal is ill suited to the creation of alloys.
Honey-metal: Honey-metal is a mid value metal and is the product of Hexium ore. The metal is inappropriate for tools and weapons due to it being brittle as a side effect of it's colouring. It is typically used to create trade goods or as decoration on weapons made from sturdier materials.

Nearby Towns:
Narg is a small human village on the northern side of the pass. It's population consists of trappers, hunters and some farmers.

The village has a resident browt tamer.
Impae is a town to the south east of Blackwood.
Gnay is known as the white city because of the stone many of it's buildings and walls are made out of. Some of the villagers have migrated from here.
Gregona's economy is built around the nearby mines. You were one of the town's many lord-smiths before you fled with the death cult for fear of being assassinated by rival smiths saw the light and helped Monty lead your fellow followers to your new home.
Bluesmith is where you learned smithing as a young spawnling. It has remained neutral in almost all wars in the area. Neutrality in this case meaning supplying weapons to all sides.
GreenshallowGreenshallow is a coastal town. All that you know about it is that they grow springnuts there.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:05:14 am by Evil Lincoln »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2013, 09:53:14 am »

Get the birthing pit up and running, chop some trees. scout the area.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2013, 10:07:05 am »

Sounds good.
I PTW anything that seems interesting

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2013, 10:07:39 am »

+1
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2013, 10:12:40 am »

dont forget to have some humans mine!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2013, 10:20:31 am »

dont forget to have some humans mine!

Maybe have them mine out a small cavern living area?

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2013, 10:48:02 am »

equip 1 human and 1 goblin with spear. send human scouting east, send goblin scouting south

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2013, 10:59:27 am »

equip 1 human and 1 goblin with spear. send human scouting east, send goblin scouting south
They should try to find the actual mountain pass. Tolls are fun.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2013, 11:14:35 am »

Yes. Sounds good.

Have a goblin (the shaman if he accept) dig the pit with the shovel. Under that lone tree near the cliff a bit north of us.
Set two humans on woodcutting duty. Axe and saw. Do not cut the tree directly west of our tool, directly north of us and north of the goblins.
The camp will be put between the three said trees and the cliff. The trees might be used as "towers" for a future palissade drawing between them, and with a little work we may put watchers in there. Bam, watchtowers with little to no effort.
Someone begin digging inside the darkest cliff part.

EDIT: crappy drawings:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:25:52 am by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2013, 12:22:50 pm »

I like the woodcutting and goblin birthing idea.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2013, 12:35:14 pm »

Yes. Sounds good.

Have a goblin (the shaman if he accept) dig the pit with the shovel. Under that lone tree near the cliff a bit north of us.
Set two humans on woodcutting duty. Axe and saw. Do not cut the tree directly west of our tool, directly north of us and north of the goblins.
The camp will be put between the three said trees and the cliff. The trees might be used as "towers" for a future palissade drawing between them, and with a little work we may put watchers in there. Bam, watchtowers with little to no effort.

i revote to this and i also like that "crappy" drawing i know you didnt do the background but still
I PTW anything that seems interesting

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2013, 12:37:03 pm »

Yes. Sounds good.

This.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 72