Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 72

Author Topic: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard  (Read 99542 times)

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Re: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard
« Reply #960 on: June 07, 2013, 11:26:42 pm »

Sorry but as much as I really want to I don't feel comfortable updating because of my internet usage situation (again). This is actually really annoying me since I really wanted to go on a mad updating spree.

I'm going to try and keep my usage super low over the next few days to get myself out of the danger zone. So I'll get back to you guys then.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 08, 2013, 03:15:55 am »

I'm fine with that ^^
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #962 on: June 08, 2013, 12:29:53 pm »

you could always go and prepare an update or two and just not post them.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 08, 2013, 12:30:41 pm »

you could always go and prepare an update or two and just not post them.
It's hard to prepare an update without suggestions. Makes railroading kinda oblivious.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 08, 2013, 07:29:45 pm »

I was thinking that we could offer additional suggestions if we were given some hints as to what is going to happen. But posting a mess of updates all at once wouldn't addresss the upload-rate issues...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Turn 49.2
« Reply #965 on: June 15, 2013, 06:27:02 am »

Turn 49.2:

Guards-Goblins (his real name is Diagur but Guards-Goblins is a nickname that stuck) explains to the Monk that they are refugees. They were forced to leave their homes after their village was raided and traveled north since they are tired of the instability of the southern coastal region.

The Monk sympathizes with the goblin's plight. He says that their order refuses to supply food to the south because of that instability, instead selling a majority of the food to traders who take it to nations to the north. He says that if they wish they may be permitted to stay on a long-term basis, Parthan's Order always needs more hands during the planting weeks.

Guards-Goblins says they will consider it but they had plans to travel further north along the road to Narg.

Scouting party 1:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As they work Guards-Goblins asks what the plants they are gathering are used for. The monk who he is working with tells him that they are Plumproots. They don't taste very good but they can be turned into a wonderful brew if you know how. They are also used as animal feed sometimes but they prefer to feed the animals the cheaper crops. When you roast chunks of them they go great wi-

Scouting party 2:

The conversation with the Monk is interrupted by the Human guard. The guard seems hostile.

"So, where did you get this here armour then? Don't ordinarily see 'refugees' wearing armour marked with the sign of Gnay, that's one of them big cities. Where did your other friend go to for that matter. He did scampered off into the ash-wood and didn't come back."

Hunters:

The hunters are forced to retreat as the Ridge-back advances on them. Maybe they could earn some of it's trust if they gave it the other dead deerple. But then they'd have to return to the village with nothing while the Ridge-back and its babies get to roll around in piles of delicious meat.

Jaymi spots another animal that has come to investigate.

Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)

Informative post.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 15, 2013, 06:36:19 am »

Reluctantly admit that you're deserters, because you couldn't stand the horrors of war anymore. Using the signs of one of the larger cities ensured you could travel relatively in peace.

Our friend, well, he's never been right after he got captured during the battles. You don't know what they did to him, but it can't have been pleasant. No point in looking where he went. He'll return eventually, you hope.

The hunters should take the one remaining deerple and get out while they can. We'll see about getting their trust later.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 15, 2013, 07:24:19 am »

It is a sort of brownish ridgeback, bridgeback?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 15, 2013, 07:43:30 am »

It is a sort of brownish ridgeback, bridgeback?
Probably just sexual dimorphism. The male.
Grab our deerple(s) and back off.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 15, 2013, 09:16:00 am »

Reluctantly admit that you're deserters, because you couldn't stand the horrors of war anymore. Using the signs of one of the larger cities ensured you could travel relatively in peace.

Our friend, well, he's never been right after he got captured during the battles. You don't know what they did to him, but it can't have been pleasant. No point in looking where he went. He'll return eventually, you hope.

The hunters should take the one remaining deerple and get out while they can. We'll see about getting their trust later.
+1, but see my post below

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 15, 2013, 10:06:19 am »

Supporting ebbor here
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: June 15, 2013, 10:10:54 am »

What about if they say that the goblin who left was not originally in our group and that he was just guiding us? It would be less suspicious.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 15, 2013, 11:27:40 am »

that would probably be better, yes.
Full Sig

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: June 15, 2013, 12:03:52 pm »

I dont like that idea....
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: June 15, 2013, 12:20:22 pm »

Figures that they'd be seen.

Say the loner is our plan B; we're refugees travelling from the South, and have made a few stops along the way, with not all of them being as friendly as you (these) guys, so we've learned to have someone scout for a path of escape in case things go sour and more friends die.

The dude with the armor...he lifted it from a dead guard after a bandit-to-town guard scuffle. Every little bit matters.

I mean, if the, uh. *rereads post* Southern Coastal Region is unstable enough for this group to avoid exporting food to it (South in general, I guess) then it stands to reason there would be unrest of the axe-to-face kind. Regardless of how well trained the "Major city" personnel is being killed in combat via decapitation is perfectly reasonable.

As a refugee, survivor is paramount. We've already lost (imaginary) friends to (imaginary) stupid decisions, so we might as well have a (very real) plan B against a (hopefully imaginary) threat.

Also kudos to having the armor be taken off. Attachment makes this story harder to swallow.

If the fourth goblin gets called back to the group it's probably a good idea to hide the axe under the "I lost it" pretense. Bonus points if it has sentimental value. We probably should have made a covering of some kind for the axe to hide its Obvious Evil appearance and to let the monks know "it's just for show". And then hack their tree.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 72