Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 875747 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: Chapter 11x: DUN DUN DUNNN!
« Reply #18255 on: May 11, 2014, 07:28:21 pm »

I wouldn't touch it without Crimson's permission (cause his weapon and character, medicine is communal but weapons are personal), and I fear it may default him to his range one sword when he may get hacked at by a mage.

What, you think Olison wouldn't quickly lend out a weapon for dire circumstances? :P It's good. Just gotta note that he should switch to his Short Spear.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #18257 on: May 12, 2014, 07:28:58 am »

We're not in bad condition. Valor kills Hefen, I get healed and handed the pearl, our guys return down to help us fight Hegena and co while Leo and co engage in pegamurder. Anja dances people.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18259 on: May 12, 2014, 07:49:09 am »

Well that's one worry out of the way now.

I think we're gonna have to do some rescue shenanigans. With Matilda and Tiron down I think our only source of healing is Alexandra and maybe Leo if he were somehow able to get down here. Too bad Seyena can't take the Heal staff off of Matilda.

EDIT: And I just noticed Francisca broke. Farewell, short lived axe.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:52:42 am by CrimsonEon »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #18260 on: May 12, 2014, 08:17:03 am »

Well, that throwing axe was hilariously anti climatic. Better connection today.

Anyhow, on the subject of Sal's combat, where did the extra defense come from? And he should of done an additional two damage due to personal skill.

Anyway, I'm thinking about having Sal give that sword master a piece of his mind. And critical spear.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18261 on: May 13, 2014, 02:19:26 pm »

GUYS!

>:I
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18262 on: May 13, 2014, 02:24:58 pm »

I moved already :v

Edit: If Olison could deal with the Sentry and either Sal or Seyena could get the Sentinel this turn, I should be safe to systematically eliminate the remaining mages.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18263 on: May 13, 2014, 02:50:24 pm »

So we ignore the swords master? He's not a threat to Sal (only the mages are right now if I recall, and the sentinel if he's persistent) so it wouldn't matter to him, but nobody else takes zero damage from him though so that's a bit of a Sal only thing at the moment, due to Alex being down.

I agree with Olison taking out the sentry, since he has a good chance to hit and only needs to hit once, I think. Nobody can kill the sentinel, unless the three of us gang up on him I think, he's at full health. Sal may get lucky and critical the swords master though with his critical lance, but that leaves the sentinel alone. There is always the chance that he crits the Lancer though, rare as it is, unless I use the Lance there too.

Also the ever present mage danger, who may take out Sal and Olison this turn if we're not careful. I just hope we can get everyone up in time.

Edit: Looking at it, if Olison's action goes well, Serena can set up below him and lob a spear at the sword master. Should have a decent chance to crit and would be safe from melee units.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 02:59:50 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18264 on: May 13, 2014, 03:03:38 pm »

So we ignore the swords master? He's not a threat to Sal (only the mages are right now if I recall, and the sentinel if he's persistent) so it wouldn't matter to him, but nobody else takes zero damage from him though so that's a bit of a Sal only thing at the moment, due to Alex being down.

I agree with Olison taking out the sentry, since he has a good chance to hit and only needs to hit once, I think. Nobody can kill the sentinel, unless the three of us gang up on him I think, he's at full health. Sal may get lucky and critical the swords master though with his critical lance, but that leaves the sentinel alone. There is always the chance that he crits the Lancer though, rare as it is, unless I use the Lance there too.

With the pearl, the swordsmaster is the only one who doesn't pose much threat to Valor. The archer can attack with impunity, and the Sentinel has weapon advantage. Lemme run some numbers, find out if the Swordsmaster can actually kill me.

...Hm. Well, if he hits both times and one is a crit, yes. But it's very unlikely that he can pull that off since I'll counterattack and, if the first hit connects, I'll have Wrath.

And I feel the need to remind people that, so long as we have no medicine, the only way to save a dying character with the pearl will be to clear the map, which is why I'm so pre-occupied with making sure Valor is safe.

So I would ask that you please Killer Lance the Sentinel.

Edit: Thank you :3

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18265 on: May 13, 2014, 03:06:04 pm »

Already wrote the post by the time I looked here, so already done. We can also save via NPC healing, but that's not very reliable.

I convinced myself via the thought that Seyena could critical kill the sword master herself and be safe if she parked behind Olison, which is what I suggest Gamer does unless he sees a better spot. I figure that since it's out of range of melee units, able to hit someone without counter, and is within Valor's support, it should be a good spot.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 03:13:00 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18266 on: May 13, 2014, 03:08:59 pm »

Already wrote the post by the time I looked here, so already done. We can also save via NPC healing, but that's not very reliable.

The pearl says it blocks all spells. I'm willing to bet that includes healing, based on the fact it definitely blocks the poison.

Edit: Well, what it actually says is:

Quote from: from Valor's paste
Black Pearl     Magic cannot be cast by and at the Wearer

And staves do count as magic...

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18267 on: May 13, 2014, 03:12:32 pm »

Most likely, but as of now you're the least likely to get downed. So I was meaning all of the people who are downed, not theoretically.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 03:14:15 pm by Xanmyral »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18269 on: May 13, 2014, 03:20:17 pm »

Well that happened. At least he still can't reach you.
Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 1249