Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1148 1149 [1150] 1151 1152 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 876272 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: IT BEGINS
« Reply #17235 on: March 11, 2014, 08:45:54 pm »

Okay, I now have time to explain some of the plans I've been brewing.

First an explanation as to why the current choke won't hold: see the sage to the east? The two sages and the archer to the north? That's why. Hopefully I don't have to explain further, because I figure it to be self-explanatory.

Okay, one plan I see is that we move the defensive lines back.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The second plan is to corpse wall them, but I can only imagine we're all kinda iffy on that plan.

My last plan, of course, is to say fuck all of this and go with something weird and not applicable for this turn.

Either way, I suggest Seyena healing Sal so that he's (more or less) able to take more of a beating, and Valor snagging the pure water (trade away a vuln) and apply some onto either himself or Sal. Sal will take the position closest to the stairs, so probably him because he'll be open to more attacks compared to Valor.

Yeah, not to happy with any plan really, cause a good bit of it is crossing our fingers. And people are gonna get downed, and the north may be breached. Well, unless we do the corpse wall, which we can do if needed. This would be our only chance to pull it off though, and it leaves the corpse closest to the enemies at the most risk of honest death.

Wish I could pick an option that would go great, but I'm just not seeing it right now. Just gotta play this turn by turn I guess.

We all tell the NPCs to grab whatever medicine they can and use it, and warn them of any risks. I'm worried about Danya due to the archer below.

I suggest Olison to move within range of us, we'll need his pass and help with both the top and bottom soon.

EDIT: Also, Powder, there's two mages in range of you. May wanna pop that pure water while you can, 'cause they can and will down you.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:21:38 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17236 on: March 11, 2014, 09:41:11 pm »

Would it be worth it for Olison to run out, smack that Sentinel south of Alex, and run back in? Also, where am I getting that Pure Water? From Seyena, I'm guessing?

Not sure which variation of Plan A I like better. Variant 1 leaves Seyena open to ranged attacks from the east... But the only thing there right now is a couple wizards, and she tanks those guys pretty good. Don't like Plan B (operation: stack 'em like cordwood), because playing with the Death Counter is risky business. Not sure where we'd go with plan C.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17237 on: March 11, 2014, 09:45:23 pm »

Yeah, I'm not either for Plan C. Like I said, its a plan where our general goal is "getting the hell anywhere but here," which we can actually do because if all the mounted units coordinated, we can pick up everyone.

Plan B is assured to work, but I'm not a fan of Russian Roulette.

Plan A is kinda iffy for me. Thing is, Sal is the weak point in the structure either way because of the mages, so I don't really see them going through her. Hell, mage, boom! Opening and they go surging forth. You'd need two people to block those spots and we don't have two people to spare. Thing is, that's the problem with both variants.

Edit: Kinda wish Powder was on, the fact that he's in range of magic assaults and not properly pure watered worries me.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:47:34 pm by Xanmyral »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17238 on: March 11, 2014, 09:48:00 pm »

That fucking avatar and text. XD
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17239 on: March 11, 2014, 09:52:15 pm »

Figured I should spice some humor into things.

"YOUR PUNY WORRIES AND CHAIRS DO NOT BOTHE--"

I HEARD YOU. GO BACK IN THE FOLDER.

"Fine."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17240 on: March 11, 2014, 09:58:07 pm »

Well, seems Powder already applied his Mage b gone.

Guess that leaves the question of our formation up top.

...So with Plan B, we kill the sword guy, and plant people in 20,8 and 20,9. How exactly will we be healing the person on 20,8 if 20,9 starts getting whiffed regularly from magics? We have a rescue staff in the wagon since Seyena put it down, so the Sage NPC (Tiron, right?) could grab that and Anja could heal them, right? Of course, that'd screw the defense.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17241 on: March 11, 2014, 10:00:52 pm »

I actually love this guy. He's like such an overbearing asshole but he clearly revels in it. I almost want him to end up in the same game I eventually play a male valkyrie in, for the lulz.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17242 on: March 11, 2014, 10:05:28 pm »

Really, we're (Sal is, at least) gonna try to kill the sword guy anyhow. But yeah, that's what makes me kinda cautious about that plan. We can dance the guy closest to the bottom, but the guy at the top would be in for some trouble. We could rescue staff them out, but the corpse wall would be broken and we'd need two up people to keep it running by blocking 19-10 and 20-11 respectively.

Its a cautious plan that may not even work because it relies on the sword master dying this turn, and sadly that would mean Valor would most likely need to be the one to actually get up there. We could try to get Sal up there, but it would require a bit more luck and work for a simple switch around.

EDIT:
@SC: As a random note, for some reason every time I see his mug I get this song playing through my head. I honestly and truly do not know why, because it strikes me as strange. I think its the serious face and the eyebrows.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:08:36 pm by Xanmyral »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17243 on: March 11, 2014, 10:08:17 pm »

What about a FEF where all our characters are like Xan's avatar?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17244 on: March 11, 2014, 10:09:06 pm »

Great, demoted further from Charisma totem to meat-block. -_-

If you guys can drop 'im, I'll do it though. Under duress.

What about a FEF where all our characters are like Xan's avatar?

Gonk Fire Emblem? I'm down.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17245 on: March 11, 2014, 10:09:56 pm »

And he's Russian? XD That's fantastic.

@FFS: Oh dear lord. :X

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17246 on: March 11, 2014, 10:13:29 pm »

@FFS: Beautiful and glorious.

@BMM: If you think we should pull of the corpse block, I'm for it, but the plan makes me kinda... Cautious. You'd be the one at most risk, so its ultimately up to you. I'd be willing to try the first plan and play it by ear, we have NPCs and Olison plus the assassin backing us up. Given a few turns we should be able to block it back up, I think.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17247 on: March 11, 2014, 10:17:19 pm »

If it gives us a solid defensive advantage up north, I'm willing to do it. You don't sound super confident in plan A, but you said Plan B is sure to work.

And who knows, I might get to ice a few dudes through evadehax before I drop like a chump.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17248 on: March 11, 2014, 10:18:29 pm »

I'll math out the chance of the Swordmaster dying first before we commit, since the whole thing hinges on his timely demise.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17249 on: March 11, 2014, 10:23:51 pm »

shit, wrong thread
I need to put something interesting here.
Pages: 1 ... 1148 1149 [1150] 1151 1152 ... 1249