Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 878065 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread. Furtuka are you a wizard? v:
« Reply #11985 on: August 27, 2013, 05:09:12 pm »

You should be thankful that I'm not firing up GBA emulators and checking this aprticular scenario in one of the games :P
It works. I know because I won a battle because I could.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #11986 on: August 27, 2013, 05:10:36 pm »

So then, I guess the 'rescue Matilda' plan is Seyena rescuing her, then one of our sages rescuing Seyena with the staff? If we're going to do it, we should think about timing that out soon considering she is starting to tick down to death now.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11987 on: August 27, 2013, 05:11:10 pm »

....huh.

If that's true, Seyena doesn't need to bring anyone with her. She just needs to go down there and rescue Matilda while Ami or whoever has the staff hasn't posted their turn. Genius.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11988 on: August 27, 2013, 05:21:15 pm »

Indeed. However Ami doesn't have levitate, and the sages have higher MAG so it might be more suited in their hands, so as to not tie up a healer as well with the task. Trading is a free action, so it shouldn't be hard to work that in.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11989 on: August 27, 2013, 05:29:15 pm »

That's not a bad plan. Who'd do it though? Also, I forget, but tantallos can use staves too, right?my only thing to say on the subject is do NOT give it to Edwin. He has enough distractions from sending the pillagers to slumberland.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11990 on: August 27, 2013, 05:30:50 pm »

Shamans doesn't have ranks in staffs in the tabletop. Only Sages and priest/monk derivatives.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11991 on: August 27, 2013, 05:35:11 pm »

Tantallos can't but he can use call magic to use heal.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11992 on: August 27, 2013, 06:29:43 pm »

Why can't Ami rescue Matilda?

There are two characters that will die by the next round, I'd rather an NPC die than let Salvatore or Olison die, so I'm a little afraid to send Seyena down there.
I need to put something interesting here.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11993 on: August 27, 2013, 06:34:51 pm »

Because it'll take 3 turns for Ami to get in range to rescue Matilda. However Seyena is still able to make it before her death counter drops, and if you do it right she can dance right in and out without putting herself at risk. And if things do get dicey, Ami or a Sage could easily rescue staff her out of there.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11994 on: August 27, 2013, 06:45:57 pm »

If Edwin can't do it (he's on the wrong side of the map, too), Raquel's the only option left; Seyena can use staves, but has a range of 2.  OK, I am really glad no one's moved yet; that may let us pull this off.  Seyena has 8 move, Raquel has 6.  With that, Raquel can move to (11,6), right next to Ami, by moving over everyone else.  There, she can trade her Vulnerary to Gregor (which gives everyone still standing healing capabilities) and take Ami's Rescue stave, then electrocute or heal someone.  Meanwhile, Seyena moves 8 tiles to (19,13) - this puts her four tiles away from rescuing Matilda and keeps her out of range of the twin Frannies and their eponymous axes.  Next turn, Seyena moves four south, picks up Matilda, and moves four north, right back to where she started.  Raquel moves back to (16,7), and with a range of 11 on the Rescue staff, she can just barely reach Seyena, hauling both of them right out from under the pillagers' noses.  Of course, that assumes that demolished houses still block movement - I want to make absolutely sure, but that is correct, isn't it? 

The biggest threat to this is someone KO'ing either Seyena or Raquel, which means we absolutely must sleep Wyvern Knight C, and almost probably-certainly zap Paladin B.  We'll still be running a bit of a risk, but if Raquel gets KO'd, the most that happens is that Seyena comes back without Matilda.  If Seyena gets KO'd...well, let's not dwell on that.  As such, implementing the plan will rely on if Edwin aims for and hits Wyvern Knight B successfully. 

As for why Ami can't do it, she can't reach due to the snow (cutting her move to 3) and 10 range.  She can't move through Alex, Valor, and Riven because she'd have to stop at Riven.  Moving one north to detour (assuming we eliminate Paladin B to get him out of the way) then back south puts her 4 tiles out of range of Matilda.  Even with the higher move and range thanks to Levitation, Raquel is still two tiles short of reaching Matilda on her own - we need someone to push Matilda that tiniest bit closer.  Regarding Alex and Valor, it is a major threat.  There is, however, one other potential boon.  That tile I specified for Seyena, if the pillagers can't move across the destroyed building, isn't just out of range - if they try to reach Seyena through the snow, they can't reach her for three enemy phases, and she should be gone, whether by Rescue stave or by her own pegasus, after two.  I'm still worried of all those other enemies right on our doorstep, though; we can't take down all of the wyverns and the Paladin in one turn, and they just keep pouring through.  Still, we have five people who can heal right now, at least a little bit, and with the modified Vulnerary trade in this post, we'll have six (since Charlotte gets to keep hers).  If Charlotte goes down next to Alex due to enemy attack, it will put a crimp on healing him, but that's also what the Rescue staff can do - pull Alex out of the way so someone else can revive him, then let Gregor (since he's very unlikely to be KO'd) slip into where Alex used to be to heal Valor. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:49:30 pm by Culise »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11995 on: August 27, 2013, 06:54:37 pm »

Sounds like a plan to me from the looks of it. This round the only people at the verge of death is Sal and Olison, and I'm guessing that is easy enough to solve hopefully. Salvatore would block another shot by being a distraction, and Olison is far enough away that he may stay up.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:56:13 pm by Xanmyral »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11996 on: August 27, 2013, 06:57:52 pm »

I must commend you guys on your persistence for keeping each and every of you alive. Personally I would've given up long ago :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11997 on: August 27, 2013, 06:59:57 pm »

Culise is pretty smart guys

I like your plan, might as well go for it because then it'll be your fault if someone dies it's a pretty good plan

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11998 on: August 27, 2013, 07:00:55 pm »

I must commend you guys on your persistence for keeping each and every of you alive. Personally I would've given up long ago :P

And be subject to cyber attacks from the players of the dead? No way.

I know I've prepared a vius to unleash should Valor be lost to an avoidable circumstance, wouldn't put it past the others either.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11999 on: August 27, 2013, 07:01:18 pm »

And be subject to cyber attacks from the players of the dead? No way.

I know I've prepared a vius to unleash should Valor be lost to an avoidable circumstance, wouldn't put it past the others either.

Seyenamurderrage.exe
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 1249