Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 878128 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #5610 on: May 15, 2013, 06:20:58 pm »

Hell, I'm not even taking myself seriously :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: May 15, 2013, 06:21:33 pm »

You're still kind of irritating though Taricus, whether you mean it or not.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: May 15, 2013, 06:23:48 pm »

This is EXACTLY my point. The big difference between bay12 and other forums I took part on is that here I didn't need to deal with people posting nonsense or just derpness on the forums even if they are not taking part on it anymore. Taricus just had been getting here to troll over and over.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: May 15, 2013, 06:25:02 pm »

@PS: Fine fine. Just thought the idea was funny to me personally. The idea of someone rolling a negative number just amused me, I'll stop if it bothers you.

@Stuff about game: I doubt it would be written up so fast guys, I'd give it a few hours at the least.

Unless I'm wrong about that, in which case I'd like to call a spot too unless that would be too many reserved spots already.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: May 15, 2013, 06:25:13 pm »

But it seems we're all making up our own little games, I have a question for you all.

I'm thinking of a game that shares quite a few mechanics with X-Com, and a few ideas from Fire Emblem, as well as a million smaller bits from other games or sources. I've gotten it all written down, I have a story that I think would work, but there's one problem. What I need to use for a mapping tool.

I was trying to use AdvASCIIdraw, but the lack of a line tool made it difficult for me to effectively draw the line of sight on units. I'd use maptools, but it goes over my head at times, and the included packaged maps and tokens are rather crappy imho.

AdvASCIIdraw also has the problem of having no grid of any sort, and it would make it difficult to let players dictate where a character is supposed to go, so maptools is looking like my best option, but I'm horrible at spriting, so making my own tileset seems out of the question right now. (Although I have tried.)

This is EXACTLY my point. The big difference between bay12 and other forums I took part on is that here I didn't need to deal with people posting nonsense or just derpness on the forums even if they are not taking part on it anymore. Taricus just had been getting here to troll over and over.

Have you been to Bay12?

There is silliness EVERYWHERE. It makes, well, making a serious discussion or game on this section rather daunting when most of the commands include >EAT MOTHER IN LAW, SHIT RAINBOWS, and asking for the suggestions to remain serious makes you a prick.
I need to put something interesting here.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: May 15, 2013, 06:27:47 pm »

Still not as irritating as earnest unintentional trolling though. Really though Taricus, I'm with PS. There's a limit.

gamey questions

When I ran Homestuck RPG, I just took a grid and made maps with that in paint. Not a great solution, but it is one.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: May 15, 2013, 06:30:51 pm »

gamey questions

When I ran Homestuck RPG, I just took a grid and made maps with that in paint. Not a great solution, but it is one.

That's what I'd do too, but not with paint. It's not very hard.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: May 15, 2013, 06:31:29 pm »

Eh, fair enough. I do realize I can be such regardless of the trolling Blade Master. Still, if you'd like to shoot me a PM on all that to go over it in-depth, I'd be happy to. Kinda need help on the self-improvement front.

And I think Gamer nailed the second point. These boards aren't as serious about this kind of thing though there's still a light standard. I do have to admit pointing out your IC hypocrisy to kill the thieves is a fun thing to do though.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: May 15, 2013, 06:33:28 pm »

Please don't shoot me to anyone or anywhere.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: May 15, 2013, 06:34:18 pm »

I don't mean you Powder, geez :P

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: May 15, 2013, 06:35:27 pm »

I am aware these forums are full of silliness, I doubt a full serious thread would be fun at all, BUT like Blade Master mentioned, there are limits. And it is important to remember that or it can reach a point of turning into a annoyance.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: May 15, 2013, 06:37:29 pm »

For Valor I don't see any hypocrisy in wanting them dead. He blames his deceased father's lifestyle on his mother being dead, and doesn't like thieves, bandits, or other people who operate outside the law.

To arguments that working as a mercenary is unlawful, he obeys the law of the mercenary, local laws, and the laws of his employers.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: May 15, 2013, 06:38:02 pm »

I am aware these forums are full of silliness, I doubt a full serious thread would be fun at all, BUT like Blade Master mentioned, there are limits. And it is important to remember that or it can reach a point of turning into a annoyance.

True, but I still stand by what I said earlier, as much as I hate the fact: If you start yelling at someone for silliness on the B12 forums, you come off as the asshole most of the time.

Nobody seems to take anything seriously here, like when that game got shut down a few months back, with the guys using penguin avatars caused the creator to raqequit the forums.
It's bad, but we can't really do anything about it.
I need to put something interesting here.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: May 15, 2013, 06:43:22 pm »

True, but I still stand by what I said earlier, as much as I hate the fact: If you start yelling at someone for silliness on the B12 forums, you come off as the asshole most of the time.

Nobody seems to take anything seriously here, like when that game got shut down a few months back, with the guys using penguin avatars caused the creator to raqequit the forums.
It's bad, but we can't really do anything about it.

I know. I just pointed that out to remember Taricus there are limits, I don't intend to "yell" at anyone.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: May 15, 2013, 06:43:52 pm »

like when that game got shut down a few months back, with the guys using penguin avatars caused the creator to raqequit the forums.

What.

...Storytime?
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 1249