Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 879252 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

I believe so, unless I'm a confused on some rulings or another, which is entirely possible 'cause I really just did an in between of a skim and a read of the rulebook. 'Course, even if he could* he couldn't exactly retaliate against that anyhow, since thus far he only has a weapon with range of one.

EDIT: *Could activate his personal skills at a range of long range magic and ballistae, that is.

That strikes me as just a bit unbalanced. I mean, you're effectively boosting your crit rate and damage in all scenarios. It seems... Unfair.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

I can change the boosted crit rate to => Half HP or something else if it bothers you, its no big deal to me. Figured it wasn't too bad because I thought I saw something similar that another character had.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Ah, you mean my thing? Yeah, I have that, but my other skill is activated by attacking Males only so it's a little more balanced. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Guys, who needs waaaaallll?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I believe so, unless I'm a confused on some rulings or another, which is entirely possible 'cause I really just did an in between of a skim and a read of the rulebook. 'Course, even if he could* he couldn't exactly retaliate against that anyhow, since thus far he only has a weapon with range of one.

EDIT: *Could activate his personal skills at a range of long range magic and ballistae, that is.

That strikes me as just a bit unbalanced. I mean, you're effectively boosting your crit rate and damage in all scenarios. It seems... Unfair.
I'm kinda seeing this the same way. Your personal fault also seems a little underwhelming, considering just how rare the Berserk state is.

But...whatever. Haspen's the boss, so if he says it's good I guess I'll just shut up :P

I can change the boosted crit rate to => Half HP or something else if it bothers you, its no big deal to me. Figured it wasn't too bad because I thought I saw something similar that another character had.
The problem (in my eyes, at least) is that both skills have the same activation and there's no real circumstance where you could not have them on. I mean, if they boosted Evasion or something then at least Haspen could take advantage of the limited range by hitting you with siege magic. But as is, you're never gonna be attacking from farther than 3 squares, so it's more-or-less permanent. Little OP to me.

@Powder Miner: Look at the maaaaaap :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suppose, I never really recalled the many scenarios where armies were properly bi-gendered though in the games so I figured it was a semi-fancy way of saying the same thing. Then again, never caught up in the threads so no idea as to what that really amounts to, but yeah I'll change the Crit one to => HP to tone it down a bit.

@Sirus: I'll think of a few more personal faults, that was just a quick replacement for the "rolls for everything, annoy Haspen mode activate" fault.

Thanks for the feedback by the way, helps to get this stuff down-pat more before I actually get in the game.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you're willing to take a little more feedback, your Speed and Luck progressions are ridiculously low. You're gonna be strong and tough for sure, but lots of things will be able to double-attack you, you won't be as evasive, and most importantly you'll be a bit easier to crit. Basically, you'll be a flying version of Alexander :P

But if that's what you want, that's fine. Seyena's got the speedy flyer role down, so maybe a heavy-hitting flyer could be useful.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Actually, I really should just stay there, since I have 4 MOV I won't b able to catch up with anyone.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

But if that's what you want, that's fine. Seyena's got the speedy flyer flying stretcher/ambulance role down, so maybe a heavy-hitting flyer could be useful.

FTFY
I need to put something interesting here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But if that's what you want, that's fine. Seyena's got the speedy flyer flying stretcher/ambulance role down, so maybe a heavy-hitting flyer could be useful.

FTFY
Don't be like that. A few good levels and she'll be a mage-slaying murder machine :D

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, I talked to a friend who knew Fire Emblem better than I, and he advised that unless you heavily invest in evasion, don't pay much mind to it as it becomes almost irrelevant to those who only dabble in it at later in the game. I was wanting to go with someone who would, hopefully, hit first and last, hence all the focus on hitting like a train, and being able to take almost any hits coming his way relatively fine, hence the high defense and nullify ability to block out the laundry list of effective attacks against him.

I would very much so like to avoid getting hit twice however, so I was more banking on his condition and weapon skill hopefully getting him out of that, with a moderate boost to speed from the progression. It would require an eleven or higher AS to currently double hit him, I believe. It used to be lower actually, I was talked into having it higher once my friend reminded me of the dreaded double attack.

With luck... I honestly didn't see good paybacks for heavy investment in it, other than crit avoidance.

----

As to the personal fault, I kind of like it but I understand if its a bit lacking. I got two ideas down right now though, so how do these sound:

Weight of the Past: If this character hasn't moved this round, next round he receives a -1 to MOV.

It will keep him constantly moving to avoid being hindered, so he wouldn't be that great of a character to hold bottle gaps, more of a hit and run than a stay and fight. If something traps him for a turn, he'd have trouble getting away or fleeing with reduced MOV as well.

Remembrance of a Debt: If the character is fighting a priest or their promotions, -2 base damage[or something along those lines].

This would render him less effective at taking out priests and their like, making him not that great facing them and taking them out, which he would otherwise be due to his mobility and hard hitting nature.

EDIT: Oh crap this is long.

EDIT MKII: I will say it would be funny though if the fault didn't change, and the session I get introduced Haspin starts bringing out the ailment staves, starting with berserk, and hits me while I'm next to someone fragile. Well, more funny in a "oh man, that is not going to go well, everything is going down the drain fast."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:48:39 pm by Xanmyral »

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

FTFY
Don't be like that. A few good levels and she'll be a mage-slaying murder machine :D

Personally, I find it amusing that by the next few chapters or so Seyena is going to have a bag full of IOU's from almost every other character in the group.

But it would be nice if she could poke something without shattering into a million fragile pieces

dat 45/45

Anyway

-snip

If you wanted a one-shotting heavily-armored badass, why not go for a knight?
Also, the lack of mobility is worrying, that's one of the main points of a flying unit.

But then again, one could say that you NEED that strength and raw power behind you, because you are WAY to heavy for anyone in the group to pick up. 23 con, or something like that? If you go down, you probably won't be saved in time unless you're next to the group, so you probably need that padding.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:53:07 pm by Gamerboy4life »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Twenty six actually, if on the wyvern. Ten if not, which is still rather heavy I believe. As for why not a knight, I wanted a bit more mobility, one was already present, and I think wyverns are cool. I figured I could get something resembling a knight with a bit less plating and damage but with a more mobility. That and the preferred stats are strength and defense and that sounded well enough to me.

Also, yeah, I was aware of that. Its kind of a case of "if downed, don't expect a rescue" kind of deal, which is why I focused heavily on trying not to get hit more than I needed to and heavy armor.

I figured with the mobility fault thing, the only reason I'd ever stay still would be if I had to because either I couldn't move for whatever reason, or people would wind up screwed or dead if I did move.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-
I guess the Speed thing is just a matter of different playstyles. I prefer to avoid getting hit in the first place, so I like reasonably evasive characters who can double. I dislike using knights and any character that is built around taking more hits for less damage because of that :P

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

-snip-
I guess the Speed thing is just a matter of different playstyles. I prefer to avoid getting hit in the first place, so I like reasonably evasive characters who can double. I dislike using knights and any character that is built around taking more hits for less damage because of that :P

I'd agree, but having a general that takes NO damage from anything short of god himself wielding an armorslayer and lancereaver at the same time...

It beats having a fast speedy character that still has a 20%~ chance to get killed, sometimes at least.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 1249