Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 878283 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #2415 on: April 25, 2013, 09:05:31 pm »

We should just drop character specific abilities and weapon sub-proficiencies. I think using fe8 would be better than 7 because there's more classes in 8, but I'm not programming.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: April 25, 2013, 09:08:22 pm »

FFS mentioned something about Flash. Aside from trying to recreate the AI, would it be that much more difficult to make an FEF game from scratch if it means we can include abilities and custom classes and whatever?
Probably not, though I haven't touched flash in- ever. And a simple AI wouldn't be too hard to make, not for a turn based strategy game anyway.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: April 25, 2013, 09:11:37 pm »

FFS mentioned something about Flash. Aside from trying to recreate the AI, would it be that much more difficult to make an FEF game from scratch if it means we can include abilities and custom classes and whatever?
Probably not, though I haven't touched flash in- ever. And a simple AI wouldn't be too hard to make, not for a turn based strategy game anyway.
You know, I was thinking how difficult this would be until I remembered how dumb FE AI tends to be. Find squishiest character in range, attack squishiest character in range. Sometimes they get fancy by aggroing from further than six tiles away.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: April 25, 2013, 09:14:14 pm »

You know, I was thinking how difficult this would be until I remembered how dumb FE AI tends to be. Find squishiest character in range, attack squishiest character in range. Sometimes they get fancy by aggroing from further than six tiles away.

The hardest part is pathfinding because I don't know much about A*. :P

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: April 25, 2013, 09:17:48 pm »

Lookie here what I found.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Haspen might like this, but I don't know under what circumstances he uses his own tileset.
I need to put something interesting here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: April 25, 2013, 09:18:55 pm »

It's actually a little trickier than that, but at the same time more idiotic. The AI tends to prioritize attacking units that are potential one-round kills (thus their determination to kill your healers), and then they go after targets that cannot hit back. This can either lead to a swordsman attacking an archer, or armies of weak units breaking their weapons against an unarmed knight or paladin :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: April 25, 2013, 09:20:23 pm »

It's actually a little trickier than that, but at the same time more idiotic. The AI tends to prioritize attacking units that are potential one-round kills (thus their determination to kill your healers), and then they go after targets that cannot hit back. This can either lead to a swordsman attacking an archer, or armies of weak units breaking their weapons against an unarmed knight or paladin :P

Leading to my inclination to always take all my paladin's gear and use him as a mook-magnet for my lord.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: April 25, 2013, 09:21:33 pm »

Leading to my inclination to always take all my paladin's gear and use him as a mook-magnet for my lord.
You mean in the early chapters? Yeah, I do that too :P

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: April 25, 2013, 09:25:15 pm »

You mean in the early chapters? Yeah, I do that too :P

Everyone does that with their pre-promotes. They're horrible XP sinks.
I need to put something interesting here.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: April 25, 2013, 09:38:49 pm »

"Draw me like those fancy paladins. Wait what."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: April 25, 2013, 09:41:38 pm »

That little yellow dot on Praefectus' hood in the sprite makes it look like he's wearing a Prinny or similar penguin creature. Now you can't unsee it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: April 25, 2013, 09:42:24 pm »

That little yellow dot on Praefectus' hood in the sprite makes it look like he's wearing a Prinny or similar penguin creature. Now you can't unsee it.
Goddamnit. GOD DAMN IT!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: April 25, 2013, 09:43:17 pm »

* Sirus already saw that while making the sprite...

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: April 25, 2013, 10:24:01 pm »

Take that off the spriteeee. CANNOT UNSEE TAKE IT OFF. *Cough also add some shoulder plates under his armor because he does have a light armor under his mantle.*
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:32:47 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: April 25, 2013, 10:25:38 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 1249