Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 877110 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #1995 on: April 21, 2013, 10:22:08 pm »

Do you mean the design or the sprite for the hat itself? Because the hat kind of reminds me of Dark Magician Girl, but I don't know of any FE characters who wear a hat like that. ^^^; Regardless, I think it looks great. :D
Hmmm, I actually didn't see that before.  That is a kinda neat coincidence.  Just the hat itself; the bullseye fancy golden design on the front was drawn out by hand, and thank the heavens that ovals are easy to draw. 

And ten points to whomever identifies where I stole the hat from.
I know that you took it from a character from awakening, just don't know the name.
Sorry, but it's from a DS game, and it's not actually from a Fire Emblem game at all.  Though, you're right in one thing: if I thought of it, I would have found an Awakenings spritesheet and stolen Miriel's hat first.  Sadly, I wasn't that smart at all. :D

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: April 21, 2013, 10:23:04 pm »

And ten points to whomever identifies where I stole the hat from.
I know that you took it from a character from awakening, just don't know the name.
Seems close, but not Laurent, Miriel, nor Ricken wear their hat in a pose facing a direction that matches that as far as I'm aware.

Also what happened to your avatar O_o
He's playing a second FE game as well as this one.

Hey, did you get your battle sprite a few pages ago? Any changes you'd like?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: April 21, 2013, 10:28:46 pm »

Seems close, but not Laurent, Miriel, nor Ricken wear their hat in a pose facing a direction that matches that as far as I'm aware.

Also what happened to your avatar O_o
That's his character's mugshot in the game I'm running.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: April 21, 2013, 10:30:18 pm »

The hat's a bit smaller (read: more reasonable :P) than I was intending and her hair/eyes aren't quite purple enough, but that is pretty nice. Still a little too... I don't know, cheerful for Riven? Innocent-looking? I was planning on trying to modify... uh... lemme find it... that hooded caster from FE6, can't find her name.

The covering one eye thing was just a result of wanting to show both some of her face and the design on the hat, so don't worry about that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: April 21, 2013, 11:34:58 pm »

Hey Haspen? What Font and Fontsize do you use on your maps? (Numbering, Names, Etc)
Edit: Nevermind. Found out that the Art Program I was using was just messing with the text by default.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 12:28:45 am by Emral282 »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: April 21, 2013, 11:42:54 pm »

Okay, battle sprite for Chris get!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And in case SC decides that he(she? life was so much easier when there were no girls on the Internet :P ) likes Chris' old sprite better, I scaled it up to better match everyone else's.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can't wait for the new guys to show up so I can practice some more! I just started a few days ago, but it's actually pretty fun.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: April 21, 2013, 11:54:15 pm »

Niime?  I don't know if I can cut and paste the eyes over, and I don't think I'm confident enough with my spriting skills, lacking as they are, to try cleaning up the hood if I use hers as a base.  Eye and hair colour's easy for me to swap since I set the filters up in separate layers, though.  I can make both of those quite purple, though I was a little worried it might blend into the outfit a bit; I'm not good enough at it to pick easily-distinguished hues.  Are you looking for Niime's age bracket, then?  I think I can make an attempt along those lines. 

Oh, alternately, I know you're really quite good at making sprites as well from the other FEF thread.  If you have Photoshop, I can send this file to you straight, or I can send you the files where I pulled the hat from so you can use it in your own sprite. 

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: April 21, 2013, 11:55:59 pm »

I just wish Chris actually had a hidden blade. XD As soon as I class up it's my top priority. I like them both. Mine (which looks better scaled up) is suitable for most situations; the other one is good for when battle's about to start. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: April 21, 2013, 11:56:58 pm »

Oh, funny thing about the update: It also includes a HIDDEN GUN. Too bad Chris isn't in that update though :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: April 21, 2013, 11:59:57 pm »

I assume you're talking about the 1.22 or whatever it is handbook?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: April 22, 2013, 12:01:11 am »

Yeah, 1.22.

Admittedly, Chris could still use a bow at any rate, considering spies get that as a proficiency.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: April 22, 2013, 12:03:10 am »

That could be pretty useful. Not sure if it would fit Chris' character, but that's for SC to decide.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: April 22, 2013, 12:09:46 am »

Niime?  I don't know if I can cut and paste the eyes over, and I don't think I'm confident enough with my spriting skills, lacking as they are, to try cleaning up the hood if I use hers as a base.  Eye and hair colour's easy for me to swap since I set the filters up in separate layers, though.  I can make both of those quite purple, though I was a little worried it might blend into the outfit a bit; I'm not good enough at it to pick easily-distinguished hues.  Are you looking for Niime's age bracket, then?  I think I can make an attempt along those lines. 

Oh, alternately, I know you're really quite good at making sprites as well from the other FEF thread.  If you have Photoshop, I can send this file to you straight, or I can send you the files where I pulled the hat from so you can use it in your own sprite. 
Hehe, I meant the one with gold trim and mismatched eyes. Not even sure if she's a caster, actually. Might just be an elf. :P

That one does look really good, though. It's a shame I can't use it.

But yeah, blending with the outfit can be an issue. I think you differentiated it quite well in this version, but you might have noticed it was more bluish than straight purple in my mspaint mouse edition, partially due to laziness and partially due to that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: April 22, 2013, 12:14:03 am »

Hidden gun would indeed be in Chris's character. Anything hidden is in his character. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: April 22, 2013, 12:37:40 am »

I was bored so I thought I would make an attempt at Tantallos.

I liked it. <: Also sorry for not being around during the whole day, I hope I did not miss too much.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 1249