Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 876846 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #5955 on: May 17, 2013, 08:59:21 pm »

Now, there are people who beat X-COM on the hardest difficulty. I'm not one of those people, I just know dear god stock up on explosives.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: May 17, 2013, 09:09:10 pm »

Well, to continue on x-com for a brief moment

You know those VIP extraction missions? I finally raged, and nearly threw my computer across the room.

The VIP died. He didn't die from the tons of Thin men, or from one of my panicked squaddies

No, he died on home stretch, taking cover behind a BURNING CAR

He was within DASHING DISTANCE of the extraction point, and then the CAR BLOWS UP, and he dies.

And back on topic- just how many chapters are in this game? Most Fire emblem games have 20+ chapters, I have a feeling this one won't nearly be as long.
I need to put something interesting here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: May 17, 2013, 09:11:18 pm »

Never, EVER take cover near a burning car. Just don't >.<

I think Haspen said this game will be around 13 chapters, but I don't think he's ever put out an exact number.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: May 17, 2013, 09:21:46 pm »

I remembered him saying ten or so.

But yeah, keep away from cars if they're on fire.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: May 17, 2013, 09:53:07 pm »

NOOOOOOO:
Epic dual pistol guy sniped a guy from way far with a pistol on his second snap shot on the third mission, hen when I give him laser pistols kills a cyberdisc on his own. and then something mind controls my rocket launcher guy and he blows he both of them up q.q
But since my entire team died I'll just savescum anyway.
I have never won a terror mission.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:55:09 pm by Powder Miner »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: May 17, 2013, 09:55:50 pm »

Yep, mind control sucks. There's really not much you can do about it, at least for now, unless you unlock fun stuff. I hate small bombs more though, if you haven't seen them yet you'll learn to hate them considering its a "it hits, you're out cold."

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: May 17, 2013, 09:58:05 pm »

In the last 2 missions, my body count almost tripled.

I went from 4 dead operatives in my ENTIRE campaign to 16. I have 3 squaddies and 2 majors left.

I don't even see Thin men or Sectoids anymore, it's always 7-8 mutons and 3 or so berserkers.

Only 3 countries haven't abandoned the project.

I'm so fucked.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: May 17, 2013, 10:01:16 pm »

Yep, I'll say so. Its always a slow slide into death, typically. You watch the world on fire, knowing you can't do anything anymore, that everyone on Earth is sentenced to death because it just wasn't enough.

My suggestion is to hold onto those three countries as hard as you can, try to get plasma weapons. Always prioritize weapons and armor with research, although I guess you already know this. The good news is that if you can manage where you are now, things are only going to get a bit harder.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: May 17, 2013, 10:03:39 pm »

Yep, I'll say so. Its always a slow slide into death, typically. You watch the world on fire, knowing you can't do anything anymore, that everyone on Earth is sentenced to death because it just wasn't enough.

My suggestion is to hold onto those three countries as hard as you can, try to get plasma weapons. Always prioritize weapons and armor with research, although I guess you already know this. The good news is that if you can manage where you are now, things are only going to get a bit harder.

Yeah, I just unlocked the plasma rifle, going to do the sniper and other weapons soon. Also unlocked Archangel and made a pair of Titan armor, so we're good on that front.

If Titan didn't seem so USELESS against 3 berserkers. My Assault guy managed to kill 2 of them before he got brutally murdered by the last one, and then it was downhill from there as my other assault got blown to bits by a bunch of Mutons with grenades.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: May 17, 2013, 10:05:52 pm »

If Enemy Unknown is a slow slide to death, UFO Defense is a half-of-a-mountain-crumbling-away-at-once avalanche to death.
Next time I play, I will name the team after the FEF characters, and inform you of how they all died.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: May 17, 2013, 10:09:58 pm »

Yeah, with Mutons always expect things to go badly. They're hilariously accurate, very dodgy, can take a hit, and have heavy weapons and grenades. They're almost the top line troop, after that you get the literal cream of the crop of their army. Mutons are pretty much never push overs. I pretty much forget any notions of "recovering" alien artifacts when up against them, use rockets and lots of them. You really can't pull any punches on these guys, and they pretty much always require full attention.

Nothing is safe against Berserkers though, just running to places where it can't get you because if I recall they only have melee.

@Powder: Yeah, pretty much. With EU, you lose three or four some full teams before a full game over. With UFO Defense, its a bit of a mixed bag. Sometimes you can loose a full fourteen to sixteen people and shrug, sometimes you can lose like, five and panic. Usually though, when you're about to lose you know it and have no time to contemplate on this fact. Fuck, when I lost on my furthest I didn't know how I lost until a day after.

I look forward to how Sal dies.

EDIT: You know what, all of this has gotten me pretty nostalgic. I'll run X-COM on the hardest difficulty and tell you all how far I get. I predict coming back in about an hour with how I lost on my second or third mission.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:13:09 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: May 17, 2013, 10:12:53 pm »

Next time I play, I will name the team after the FEF characters, and inform you of how they all died.

I love it when people do that. Not sure why, since when they do, the characters named for mine tend to eat it faster than most for whatever reason.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: May 17, 2013, 10:27:30 pm »

Ugh, I've forgotten how much work is required just to start. Thirty minutes in the base screen wrangling finances, getting rid of useless stuff, equipping every jet fighter with two Avalanches, and not making the base atrociously hard to defend ho!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: May 17, 2013, 10:51:11 pm »

Does anyone know what Emral was planning to promote Daniel into? Are we even keeping Daniel around?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: May 17, 2013, 10:52:39 pm »

I think Emral was commenting on bag of holding shenanigans, so I figured Rogue.

EDIT: Alright, X-COM UFO, Superhuman. How many missions before world destruction? I'm betting about... Three? Maybe five. If I'm lucky.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:55:49 pm by Xanmyral »
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 1249