Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 877741 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread. Crit-murders everywhere.
« Reply #3180 on: May 03, 2013, 11:41:42 am »

Really, seems like you guys are in a bad spot. Morko positioned himself where Alex is in the way to where he can attack with impunity the guys on his right, without them being able to retaliate due to not being able to reside in the same square as a fallen ally. Only way for the melee guys on his right to reach him would be to go around, which is currently preoccupied by three other baddies. Doesn't seem like a grand situation to be in, never mind that someone will have to save Alexander in a turn or two else he's gone for good.

Only ones who can get at Morko from the right of him would be any ranged fighters, and I can't remember if there are any there or not, so its up to the backup coming from down below to help take him down. Ouch.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: May 03, 2013, 11:45:11 am »

The soldier on the right (Gregor) has a Javelin, so there's at least a little ranged firepower from that side. But you're right, it's not the best situation. Hopefully some more backup will arrive soon.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: May 03, 2013, 11:52:31 am »

Really, I'm hoping the three from the top aren't going to do too much damage. There's a lot of squishes there with low defense due to the banking that Alex and Gregor would be fine. Also, the poor thief seems like he's going to be downed soon as well, what with the poison and archer. Falling back and healing up might be a good option, but its a question as to if the allies can get there. The people in the church/chapel/whatever that building is can hold them off for a bit though, I think they got a bishop with them so they can make a shield to keep them out for a bit.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: May 03, 2013, 11:57:31 am »

The soldier on the right (Gregor) has a Javelin, so there's at least a little ranged firepower from that side. But you're right, it's not the best situation. Hopefully some more backup will arrive soon.

I guess Chris can reach him too, no?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: May 03, 2013, 11:59:46 am »

Really, I'm hoping the three from the top aren't going to do too much damage. There's a lot of squishes there with low defense due to the banking that Alex and Gregor would be fine. Also, the poor thief seems like he's going to be downed soon as well, what with the poison and archer. Falling back and healing up might be a good option, but its a question as to if the allies can get there. The people in the church/chapel/whatever that building is can hold them off for a bit though, I think they got a bishop with them so they can make a shield to keep them out for a bit.
I'm not even worried about the Myrmidon. It won't deal much damage even if it hits, and it's already wounded so the counterattack will kill it. Neither does the other lancer bother me. It's the Elite Lancer with the Killing Lance that I'm worried about. It won't quite down Gregor (the only PC it'll be able to hit assuming Ami moves to heal Daniel) on it's own, but all that damage starts to stack up >_>

Depending on how Chris and Tantallos do against Morko, I might decide to revive Alexander instead of attacking, just so we have an extra meatshield for the enemy to deal with.

I guess Chris can reach him too, no?
He's talking about the folks on the right side of Morko, not the left where Chris and Tant are.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: May 03, 2013, 12:05:37 pm »

Yeah, I just hope whatever happens works. The archer, if left alone, will probably down the thief if he doesn't move out of the line of fire. Morko can hit and down Gregor, or whoever he attacks really if he hits, which is rather terrifying about him. Good thing for the pure water. The allies won't get there till maybe another turn or two, which by then might be much too late.

This seems to be the "do or die" part of the chapter, where these next few turns can change how everything goes. Best of luck guys, I think you may need it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: May 03, 2013, 12:21:52 pm »

Actually, Morko can't down Gregor in a single hit, and Gregor's fast enough to avoid being doubled. But yeah, it pretty much all comes down to this.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: May 03, 2013, 12:54:17 pm »

Now that guy really have lots of defense.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 01:03:53 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: May 03, 2013, 01:31:53 pm »

Alright. If Tantallos can hit him AND survive, I'll have Gregor try to take him down. If not, I'll use a vulnerary on Alexander so that the bad guys have just one more threat to deal with. So many things can go horribly wrong here, but I think at this point it's all about survival  ;_;

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: May 03, 2013, 01:36:02 pm »

Hmm. I have to ask. What determines whether or not there's a crit roll?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: May 03, 2013, 01:36:57 pm »

I was under the impression that if the Hit roll was less than your Crit stat, it was a critical hit.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: May 03, 2013, 01:38:27 pm »

I'm just a bit confused because I've noticed that sometimes auto-hits crit and sometimes they don't. ^^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: May 03, 2013, 01:41:53 pm »

Say these are your stats:
Code: [Select]
Battle Stats (Iron Sword):
AT: 14
Hit: 115
AS: 10
Eva: 26
Crt: 5
DG: 6

Your Hit is subtracted by the enemy's Eva. A d100 is rolled, and if the number is less than the new Hit, it causes damage. If the Hit is over 100 even after Eva is subtracted, it's an auto-hit.

Now, if the number on the d100 is less than your Crit minus the enemy's DG, it's a critical hit.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: May 03, 2013, 02:14:32 pm »

Supposedly Crits are rolled separately from Hits. Haspen mentioned this was to prevent weird situations like your crit rating being higher than your hit rating. Haven't been paying enough attention to notice any discrepancies.

Also, does this mean visiting the inn didn't do anything?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: May 03, 2013, 02:16:45 pm »

Supposedly Crits are rolled separately from Hits. Haspen mentioned this was to prevent weird situations like your crit rating being higher than your hit rating. Haven't been paying enough attention to notice any discrepancies.

Also, does this mean visiting the inn didn't do anything?

According to the handbook, ending your turn on an Inn gets you +10 HP.
I need to put something interesting here.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 1249