Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1145 1146 [1147] 1148 1149 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 876119 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: Here comes Ch.11x!
« Reply #17190 on: March 09, 2014, 12:21:09 pm »

Sal's more needed up north, but I don't expect Anja to stay in one spot since she's going to be giving people extra actions. Matilda or Tiron should probably back you up PM, they have magic so they can dispose of people quickly, but you wouldn't be able to guard them. Sal has a ranged weapon (his javelin), but once again its probably best he's north, helping Olison and the others.

Someone should definitely stick around you for your personal bonuses to kick in, and a support would be preferable. So far, Anja seems like the best bet, and if Sal isn't plugging the entrance north I'll try to use his Canto to end within three squares of Alexander if Anja leaves.

@Haspen: Ah, nothing (for me and PM at least) to really worry about then. Not like Alex or Sal know how to dodge.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17191 on: March 09, 2014, 12:31:19 pm »

NUMBER CRUNCHING TIME! Assuming the optimum of 33 DEF and optimum RES of 11 (21 with Pure Water):
The two sentinels in the south can deal me 2 damage-- none if I use the hammer, and I am capable of countering for 14 damage.
The Elite Axeman can deal me 8 assuming I'm using the hammer (which I will be, it keeps me protected from the lancemen and the axemen), and I can counter with 19 damage.
At no point can the swordsmen harm me (though they're North), even if I'm using the hammer and no allies are near me. I wouldn't hedge by bets on ever hitting them, though.
If I somehow entered battle with the Sergeant, if I had anyone near me he couldn't hurt me. Same deal about countering as the swordsmasters.
The bishop can do me 46 damage, but then again if I pop a holy water he can only do me 26. It's important to note that a combined assault of axeman and bishop could down me, but only if I don't use a Holy Water beforehand.
The druid is actually not THAT threatening, due to his bare inability to double me. He can hit me for 29 damage, 19 with holy water. Then again, he has Hell, which can do me 25 at full health, from long range. I might want to stay away from him to minimize what can hit me.
Sages can deal me 51 damage, 31 with Pure Water.
Sentries should give up, they are incapable of touching me. I won't be able to hit back, but whatever, we can slay 'em after the melee dudes are cleared out of existence.
Shimnir could poison and slow me, but he actually couldn't do anything else to me, Slowing is totally useless against me since I don't dodge anyway, and poison isn't that much of a threat to me, due both to my large amount of HP and the fact that my PF only reduces my evasion.

Summed up: I can take every physical unit on this map, with those axemen providing a very slight threat. The bishop and the sages are the only real threat to me, and considering the mages WILL drop me if they catch me without Pure Water, I'm going to go south.

To be completely honest, I just need to know if Anja is important enough to your plans that we -need- her. We might even be able to use her to dance a ranged NPC in my area and ensure that it's completely secure with 3 people.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:47:29 pm by Powder Miner »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17192 on: March 09, 2014, 12:54:39 pm »

Either way, we should get to getting this turn out of the way. Who should grab the pure water, Sal or Olison? Seyena is topped off and Matilda is an NPC, and everyone else can only use it once a turn so its best a mounted unit takes it. Sal could take it, but then he'd just have his concoction at one use, which means he'd have to run back to grab more medicine afteward. Olison could take that and a Vuln, but I suppose whoever grabs the pure water will be the one who'd run around the most in the group.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:58:48 pm by Xanmyral »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17193 on: March 09, 2014, 01:38:21 pm »

* Haspen pokes.

Guuuuuuuuys.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17194 on: March 09, 2014, 01:38:44 pm »

we be strategizin; m8

but I think I'll head down and ask Anja to come down.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17195 on: March 09, 2014, 02:36:14 pm »

I'll post my action now then. Mostly just snagging a vuln and moving into plugging the north entrance.

If things get really bad, I'm thinking the north western corner can be a fallback position, pushing the amount of ways to us to just two. They'd be able to get us past the walls though, which is bad, but hopefully it won't get that bad.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17196 on: March 09, 2014, 07:24:09 pm »

So where do we want Valor the Totem?

Edit: Nevermind, I'll just raid the wagon and take a vuln. Someone more qualified can have that pure water.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17197 on: March 09, 2014, 07:47:30 pm »

Speaking about that - is Seyena taking the water, or is Alex going two?
I need to put something interesting here.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17198 on: March 09, 2014, 07:48:50 pm »

Pretty sure what I've got will hold out against the enemy squad south. If I need another, I might have Anja ferry it for me or something.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17199 on: March 09, 2014, 09:57:07 pm »

Hmm. I guess maybe Olison could just take a vuln and stick around somewhere? Not much to do other than try and talk with the Assassin.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17200 on: March 09, 2014, 09:58:30 pm »

try and talk with the assassin then

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17201 on: March 09, 2014, 10:51:51 pm »

Thinking he's a bit far to be talking to right now :P.

I'll stick with the vulnerary and end on one tile east. Still have the MOV to maneuver in the area and mayhaps get in speaking range next turn if possible.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17202 on: March 10, 2014, 12:25:21 pm »

Suggestions this turn:

Seyena takes Salvatore's place for this turn due to the only possible enemy confrontation next turn would be them, and her absurdly high RES with a pure water making their attacks quite literally laughable (one damage from the bishop, seven from druid (although why they wouldn't use Hell is beyond me) and four damage from the fire sages (I'd like to note that their name implies we'll be assaulted by other sages)). Otherwise, there's the possibility that they could attack Sal and bring him down (Hell plus Aura combo(or just Aura if he doesn't use pure water)), which may lead to a situation where if the gap isn't dealt with immediately then the melee units would stream in.

There's the possibility they wouldn't advance, but seeing as they're literally the only ones who can reach that specific spot, I don't see any harm in the one turn swap for safety.

Of course, Sal could just move to (19,11), but I'm kinda hoping they act overly aggressive and assault pure watered Seyena ineffectually and get a javelin in the face for their trouble.

On another note:

Alexander isn't in range of any RES-applicable magic (or any attacks beyond Hell really), and should probably hold off on using his pure water this turn. The axeman to the left is going to attack the walls on their turn however, so take that as you will, good thing we have Danya there.

Comments or opinions about the suggestions?

I just personally think it would be kinda a bad omen if one of us gets dropped by the second turn, yah know? Seyena is our designated mage killer/magic tank, so why not take advantage of that?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:37:20 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17203 on: March 10, 2014, 12:26:57 pm »

Sounds reasonable to me.

I'm already in the spot where I'm most valuable of course. For now.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17204 on: March 10, 2014, 12:35:17 pm »

Don't be afraid to toss that axe at any unit who can't hit back (pretty much all of the melee units but the warriors) or mages who'll die to it before responding.

Although what I find kinda funny is that the mage's defense is on par with the melee fighters, which actually speaks poorly of their melee rather than good about the mages. No enemy has a defense above nineteen (the sentinels) on the map.
Pages: 1 ... 1145 1146 [1147] 1148 1149 ... 1249