Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 875329 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: Final Chapter begins!
« Reply #15615 on: December 08, 2013, 08:08:05 pm »

It was a 'for future reference' kind of thing. Although it is possible with Ami, but I really don't suggest that.

Ami isn't completely powerless, you know. In fact, her final AT with a mace is higher than anything Seyena could do. Her only real weakness is outrageously low DEF (10% progression).
Wait, what? Seriously? Are maces just that powerful or did scapheap just give Ami a seriously high STR progression?

Yeah, Ami's got 60% while Seyena's got 30. In fact, had Seyena balanced toward STR/DEF/SPD and Ami balanced toward MAG/RES/LCK, they really would be seperated into flying destroyer/flying healer. Right now, they're both sort of hybrids.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15616 on: December 08, 2013, 08:25:40 pm »

You've got the right of it, yeah. It's not worth going after the units. In fact, if the summons are really that crappy, they might just be best as tactical meatwalls.
I thought about just clogging the chokepoint, but that just gives the enemies the option of who to take the blow clearing it out. Probably better to harass their squishies or poke units within clean hit range.

Of course, it'd help if I knew how much MOV they had. :<
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15617 on: December 08, 2013, 09:25:25 pm »

Well, their move is likely 6, since Wyverns get +1 move, and they likely don't get a pegasus or horse tier speed.

But the FE wiki was extremely unhelpful in this regard as well.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15618 on: December 08, 2013, 09:41:42 pm »

Ugh. Power's been out all day, anyone need Chris to do anything or have any suggestions what I should do?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15619 on: December 08, 2013, 09:45:57 pm »

I'm thinking we stay in the starting room until the first wave of baddies gets killed, BMM42 says we should push out into the corridor. I am solidly against his plan :p
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #15620 on: December 08, 2013, 09:50:13 pm »

I personally think the idea could work very well if done right, it just has a greater risk of going wrong is all.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15621 on: December 08, 2013, 09:53:59 pm »

I personally think the idea could work very well if done right, it just has a greater risk of going wrong is all.

High Risk/High Reward tactics are basically my signature move, yeah.

Edit: I dropped a word ._.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15622 on: December 08, 2013, 09:56:30 pm »

I'm just saying, we have what? Two physical tanks on the team at the moment? And we'd have to hold four squares; two in each direction if we left this room. We have a lot of squishy people on this team and there's a lot of physical attack power about to descend upon us. One bad turn and one or both lines are broken and we're all dead.

Moving out into the corridor just strikes me as a really bad idea.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15623 on: December 08, 2013, 09:58:30 pm »

I'm just saying, we have what? Two physical tanks on the team at the moment? And we'd have to hold four squares; two in each direction if we left this room. We have a lot of squishy people on this team and there's a lot of physical attack power about to descend upon us. One bad turn and one or both lines are broken and we're all dead.

Moving out into the corridor just strikes me as a really bad idea.

Well, consensus already appears to be that you guys don't wanna do it, and I'm not on the map to even consider running out there to make you guys do it (not that I would), so it's kind of a moot point now.

I'm just worried you guys will wind up spending a good 5 turns in that one room, and a thief will show up to take the precious end-game loot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15624 on: December 08, 2013, 10:03:07 pm »

I kinda doubt that, for two reasons.

One, the castle is apparently populated with lowlives of all kinds. Pretty sure Prixima would have taken some precautions to make sure her common employees didn't walk off with her treasures.

Second, Haspen did say that the mission was not time-sensitive as splitting the party adds enough difficulty. He could be lying, but that would be quite a dick move.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #15625 on: December 08, 2013, 10:05:14 pm »

I prefer more the Low Risk/High Reward myself, but that is rarely something that comes out. So I settle for wonky, slightly system abusing tactics as my favorite.

@Sirus: Quite a bit of risk, yeah. One side goes down, squishies go down. The big thing, in my opinion, in favor of sticking with the single choke (single choke with the actual choke point being the square that leads into the room you guys are in, I.E., the square in front of Marpa currently) is that there are few ranged attackers, mainly the mages and the warriors.

Getting to the choke point, when described as above, allows for four-five strikes on them. Any that get near the walls could be easy prey as well, but chances are they'll steer clear. Which still isn't good enough to avoid Charlotte or Dag. Getting Dag to prioritize the warriors might be beneficial, I doubt they have good RES.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 10:06:45 pm by Xanmyral »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15626 on: December 08, 2013, 10:05:58 pm »

So current plan:

Hide in box, force enemies to break weapons against infinite gargoyle summons.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15627 on: December 08, 2013, 10:06:44 pm »

All right then.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15628 on: December 08, 2013, 10:06:51 pm »

So current plan:

Except that Haspen only tracks quality for low-use weapons like siege tomes. But yes :P

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15629 on: December 08, 2013, 10:08:04 pm »

The seeds that Haspen has sewn have borne unto me the fruit of paranoia.

But yeah, you guys already came to a decision. No sweat.

So current plan:

More like: Hide in box, force enemies to break weapons against shiny new NPC, and have Charlotte shoot a lot of people.

Too bad she can't get Galeforce.
Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 1249