Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 878246 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread. Furtuka are you a wizard? v:
« Reply #12075 on: August 29, 2013, 05:07:14 pm »

I can't remember, does Sleep wear off at the beginning or the end of the turn?

At the beginning, like all statuses.

Damn it, well that makes things ten times worse now that WKB is going to be able to move the turn after this one...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12076 on: August 29, 2013, 05:30:24 pm »

Valor dies if you don't heal him this turn, remember.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12077 on: August 29, 2013, 05:37:34 pm »

Valor dies if you don't heal him this turn, remember.

"GET YOUR FAT ASSES IN GEAR AND HEAL HIM NOW"

On a different note, Ami should focus ENTIRELY on healing, I'll try to keep Seyena out of a rocky patch, but please don't waste any energy rescuing her when she can easily outrun anything on the map.
I need to put something interesting here.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12078 on: August 29, 2013, 05:44:25 pm »

By the way, this is a fantastic map for the kind of gameplay we foster as a team. It's an expanded Chapter 2: a DPS race where each point is not in actual damage but in deaths. A literal race against time. Right now, the clock is against us with over half the team down (including half the healers), and the goal is to turn it in our favor. To do that, though, we might need a miracle.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12079 on: August 29, 2013, 06:03:45 pm »

My main concern at this point is that next turn we'll have three people at 1/3. Turn after that, four people.

Mind you, just barely holding on is still a victory for us. We can recover with a vulnerary or staff bop; once the enemies go down, they're down.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12080 on: August 29, 2013, 06:06:56 pm »

Mind you, just barely holding on is still a victory for us. We can recover with a vulnerary or staff bop; once the enemies go down, they're down.

This is the main thing to keep in mind, folks. If we're maintaining our dying, and we're killing even one enemy per turn, we're winning.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12081 on: August 29, 2013, 06:10:32 pm »

What we need is a miracle.  Sadly, all we have are crithax.
Actually, crithax have been working rather well for us.  Carry on.

Hmm...

I could heal Edwin, but that would bring back a measly 5 HP, which will likely be shot next turn. I could also spear the Wyvern Rider 2x for a potential (26AT-16DEF=10x2) 20 damage this turn, and I would be able to survive one hit (29-15=14DMG vs 16 Health) from him the following turn, countering him again for potentially 20 damage, killing him provided each 65% chance spear hit. The only thing preventing me from doing this is the potential hit from the nearby paladin which would definitely down me...

Only now do I realize the horror of a situation that's been set up here.
That assumes he attacks you instead of a squishier target, like the elite archer that's been shooting down all his compadres.  Question on Gregor - how does he heal?  He doesn't seem to have any healing items.  In fact, the only people on their feet with healing items are...Raquel.  Drat.  Drat drat drat.  I shouldn't have hidden in the forest.  OK.  Soo, we need to get Valor on his feet first.  Well, I can see the following:
1. Raquel moves to (14,6), and either zaps Soldier B or heals Riven.  Gregor moves to (13,6), grabs the Vulnerary off Raquel (and trades something else since his inventory is at 4/4 right now), and heals Valor. 
2. ...actually, I can't see a plan B that both saves Valor and lets Gregor start healing.  I can see one that gets Ami on her feet, but I do not want to write anyone off as dead. 

The worst part is that we have three people at 2.  Unless we can get Ami on her feet this turn as well, or unless Olison can rummage through Edwin's pack for his Vulnerary, or unless we recall Seyena we're not going to save them all.  I can't see how to do it, though. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:12:15 pm by Culise »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12083 on: August 29, 2013, 06:16:41 pm »

Ah, so he is.  That'll do it, then; Valor on his feet gives us three healers for three people, assuming no one gets downed by that paladin or those overgrown lizards.   Or those mages.  Or those...but I digress. 

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12084 on: August 29, 2013, 06:29:34 pm »

Keeping Riven on her feet would also give a nice +10 Hit/Evasion to everyone within range.

I doubt we can keep Riven on her feet, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12085 on: August 29, 2013, 06:50:12 pm »

Waking her also resets her timer even if she does go down again, meaning only two people go from 2 to 1 next turn.  Using a called Heal will give Riven 16 HP, and that Elite, barring a crit (with a Killer Lance), will only deal 14 to Riven or 16 to Raquel; he can't reach anyone else.  Both of us have terrible luck, though, so he'd have around a 1/3 chance of executing his target assuming he hits, which is a 62% chance of hitting Riven (or 57% if supports still hold with one person knocked out) or 53% chance of hitting Raquel.  So...the odds of surviving if I don't knock him out are actually somewhat decent.  Well, except for Knight B, but I've dwelled on that quite enough, I think.  Knight B's odds of hitting are even worse, but he doesn't need a crit to KO either of us. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:51:58 pm by Culise »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12086 on: August 29, 2013, 06:52:24 pm »

Minor quibble, but can't we hold five items each and not four? That was my impression, anyway. So Gregor could take someone's healing item if need be without having to trade.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12087 on: August 29, 2013, 06:53:00 pm »

Minor quibble, but can't we hold five items each and not four? That was my impression, anyway. So Gregor could take someone's healing item if need be without having to trade.
Ah, good, then, that's even better.  For some reason, I thought it was four.  ^_^

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12088 on: August 29, 2013, 07:09:58 pm »

Something sounds funny about that... I'd ask Judge Haspen for an answer.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12089 on: August 29, 2013, 07:11:58 pm »

No, it's five dude. I had my inventory loaded down like three maps ago with five items and had to ask Xan to come with me to carry extra stuff, so I remember. :P

On that note I would jump back in if Hasp would let me, but I don't think he would be keen to let me rejoin in the middle of a battle. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 1249