Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 877206 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread. Red dots on map aplenty~
« Reply #11820 on: August 23, 2013, 05:35:21 pm »

Now would be a nice time for Chris to jump in and save everyone
It's FEF, not FEOF

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #11821 on: August 23, 2013, 05:36:11 pm »

How many vulns do we have?
also i told you about the PLANS dog i told you

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11822 on: August 23, 2013, 05:37:43 pm »

There's plenty of vulns...in the wagon >_>

Gregor gave his only healing item to Valor, so all he can do this turn is fight on. If one of the magic users would like to weaken or kill Wodan, we'll be in much better shape.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11823 on: August 23, 2013, 05:44:12 pm »

I need to heal Alex or we will be overrun.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11824 on: August 23, 2013, 06:04:24 pm »

Okay, so, of the people still on their feet, Ami, Seyena, Charlotte, Raquel, Edwin, and Riven can still revive people.  Well, Edwin's so far out that we don't want to recall him; he's better off lecturing people to sleep from halfway across the map.  Gregor can take Charlotte's Vulnerary and get Alex on his feet, plugging that hole for another turn, and freeing Charlotte for twang-duty. 

Wodan's out of range of Raquel unless Gregor moves, but if he does, she can knock 40 life off of him even without a crit.  She can one-shot Paladin A, but so can Riven.  That bishop's down to 7 life; Raquel can barely eke out a victory over him, unless her personal fault causes her to miss; Riven going after him puts her on the wrong side of the arcane triangle.  As for Wyvern Knight B, Raquel can knock him out of the sky with a well-placed crit or with two attacks if Charlotte helps, but there's no guarantee of that, and Raquel cannot survive a single counterattack, putting the odds of a successful kill at somewhere below 50%. 

So, possible course of actions that I see:

Rapid Heal: Gregor takes Charlotte's Vuln; Gregor, Ami, and Seyena heal Alex, Valor, and Tantallos.  Once that's clear, Charlotte twangs Wyvern Knight B from three-range (-6 damage, if I have it wright), Raquel frotzes Bishop B, and Riven melts Paladin A.  Wyvern Knight B is free to wreak havoc behind our lines, including going after our precious wagon. 
All-out Offensive: Gregor takes Charlotte's Vuln and heals Alex, Ami heals Tantallos.  Seyena heals Raquel, who jolts Wyvern Knight B.  If Wyvern Knight B isn't critted, Charlotte twangs him (guaranteeing a kill, but check my math, please); if he goes down, she can go after the Paladin.  Riven goes after the Bishop and prays.  This knocks out 2-3 of the people behind our lines, but puts us at serious risk should Alex go down of even more forces pouring through our now-porous lines.

EDIT: Wait, Gregor has 6 MOV, not 5.  We could have him swing at the Wyvern Knight to reduce his HP and move Ami up to heal, like scapheap suggested originally...I might need to rework that math.  Err, other people's thoughts?  I don't want to just propose some complex plan and order other people to move themselves around. 

Gregor swings: 31-21 = 10; AS 19 vs. 14 = 2x damage.  Wyvern Knight HP: 21.  34% chance of crit per attack for two attacks; 56% chance of at least one crit. 
Raquel frotzes: 29-10=19.  AS 21 vs. 14 = 2x damage.  Wyvern Knight HP: 2.  41% chance of crit. 

OK, so without healing Raquel, Gregor and Raquel together would have a 73% chance of offing Wyvern Knight B, and Charlotte would still be free to finish it off even if we fail and Raquel drops. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 06:12:12 pm by Culise »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11825 on: August 23, 2013, 06:07:55 pm »

Gregor shoulda vuln'd me. If he did and we were next to each other, the paladins could not remotely harm me.
As it is though they can only deal 4 damage, so...
Just kill that bishop, I can handle most other things.
...I need to numbercrunch Wodan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11826 on: August 23, 2013, 06:16:24 pm »

Where were all these strategies before I moved? :P

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11827 on: August 23, 2013, 06:17:40 pm »

Welp, so much for all that number-crunching. :D Do we want Edwin to come back and try to sleep Wyvern Knight B again?  If he can do it, it'll get rid of a major threat to our healers, but Pillager C will get that much closer to the house. 

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11828 on: August 23, 2013, 06:19:03 pm »

Welp, so much for all that number-crunching. :D Do we want Edwin to come back and try to sleep Wyvern Knight B again?  If he can do it, it'll get rid of a major threat to our healers, but Pillager C will get that much closer to the house.
Haspen offline, you can still change it before he come back.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #11829 on: August 23, 2013, 06:26:08 pm »

...I'm a little worried about Ami being that close, with Derick there and close to dead and all. I can see a few ranged attacks coming her way is what I'm saying, if she goes down we may not be able to get Derick in time.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11830 on: August 23, 2013, 06:30:33 pm »

...I'm a little worried about Ami being that close, with Derick there and close to dead and all. I can see a few ranged attacks coming her way is what I'm saying, if she goes down we may not be able to get Derick in time.
That's true.  If Wodan or Paladin B moves, the Mage Knight and Archer D can drop her, at which point it becomes impossible to rescue Derick before he dies.  That...would be bad.

Also, I did some more numbers on Seyena.  Seyena can one-shot the Bishop fairly trivially if we don't mind her not healing.  Then, Riven can take out the Paladin and I can go after the Wyvern Knight; crit or no, that will drop his HP down to where Gregor and/or Charlotte can eliminate it as well. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 06:33:13 pm by Culise »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11831 on: August 23, 2013, 06:32:50 pm »

Oh, yeah, Wodan would paste me if he attacked me when not next to Gregor- doing 20 damage.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11832 on: August 23, 2013, 06:35:02 pm »

Ugh. Okay scapheap, let's erase our orders. I think we messed this up.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11833 on: August 23, 2013, 06:35:55 pm »

Those numbers seem low. Remember that Raquel gets +10 Hit from Riven's Charisma and +15 Hit from her personal skill; by my count, she should be all but guaranteed to bring him down to single digit HP.

Also I don't understand why Raquel needs healing at all. Isn't she at 25/39 and fairly far from danger?

That's true.  If Wodan or Paladin B moves, the Mage Knight and Archer D can drop her, at which point it becomes impossible to rescue Derick before he dies.  That...would be bad.

Also, I did some more numbers on Seyena.  Seyena can one-shot the Bishop fairly trivially if we don't mind her not healing.  Then, Riven can take out the Paladin and I can go after the Wyvern Knight; crit or no, that will drop his HP down to where Gregor and/or Charlotte can eliminate it as well. 
These numbers seem better, though I'm dubious that we can afford to not have Seyena heal.

I'm also curious about the Bishop. If he sits still and attacks Anja, she'll just counter him and all will be well.

What's the worst he could do otherwise? I guess he could get within range of Alex depending on our positioning?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #11834 on: August 23, 2013, 06:37:07 pm »

I'll rack my brain for stuffs in a bit, too hungry to think of vaguely intelligent, overly complicated plans that may or may not rely on rule-bending.

My biggest tip for now is to just look at things ahead of time and try to see what the result of your action might bring forth, check what enemies can attack you and if so what is the potential damage. What is the chance to dodge, be critted, so on and so forth. Making plans in a vacuum is bad, etc etc.

EDIT: Also to always, always double check your posts and the plan you're running it by to make sure a typo or so such doesn't cause unintended consequences.
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 1249