Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Finimicon: A Magical Arena. Turn 11 (Successes?)  (Read 16812 times)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Finimicon: A Magical Arena. Turn 1 (We'll Soon Need Waitlisters)
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2013, 12:19:20 pm »

Can I be put on a wait-list? I'll write up a sheet. (If I get in, please PM me! I often don't pay attention to the forums...) Thanks!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:25:32 pm by Caerwyn »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2013, 02:19:37 pm »

You might just be accepted instantly, as people are dying off pretty quickly.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Finimicon: A Magical Arena: Turn 2
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2013, 02:54:49 pm »

Dex is used for aiming... if you cant aim for peanuts chances are you can and will hit yourself
Precisely.

-----

Cast PM spell at wall
[4+1,4-1] A bolt of dark energy flies out of your hand and strikes the wall. A pale white head warps its way out, followed by a birdlike wing mounted on the head's insectile thorax, as well as a pair of jointed legs. The color of the wall shifts, with a white patch on the wall suggesting another wing, another pair of legs, and an abdomen. It struggles for a moment, then lies still. "Well, then," says the demon, "what would you like for freeing me?"

Pick up the nice cup
Talk to it
Tell it to move
See if there is anything special about it
Say word at wall

You place your hand on the cup. [3-1] Nothing special happens. The hand doesn't react. You say your word: [6+1,4-1] The wall--specifically the bit with the whatever sticking out of it--is struck by a chaotic bit of light. The creature in the wall grows two pairs of tentacles and a pair of wings, the wings and one pair of tentacles being assumed from the patch on the wall.

Actually, I'm going to change my action.
I go back to room 3 and use my gloves to steal energy from Arnok Calistora.
THEN I say my magic words

Just to see exactly HOW my gloves work.
And I'd be up to getting into a NAP with you two.
Arnok is there. [4v3+1] You do not get any power from him. Angered, you cast a spell: [3+2,2] A greatsword made of arrows, including a large bodkin for the tip, drops out of the ceiling.

"Not a very good start but at least i'm still in one piece."
Try to control the vines and get up. Say WORD if it won't work.
The vines do not respond, so you try magic. [2] Nothing happens.

point at the floor a few feet from me and say word, walk over to the dootway for room one and try to catch a glimpse of the statue
[2+1,6] You point at the ground. A spark of orange energy flies out of your finger and strikes the floor. You look at the statue. It's huge, bronze, and moves.

"I wanna try something half dead guys, just wait right there!  Oh and hold that thought giant statue dude while I go either kill or save someones life, not sure yet."
Head back into the first(and by that I mean the spawn room, aka room 3) room and wack one of the injured guys with the Cudgel, observe if transformation heals the person.  If not keep whacking, if it does wait and see if they turn back then offer an allaince.
((That numbering IS confusing, isn't it?))
[3;2+1] The injured guy takes on some beaverey traits but is still bleeding out.

Whisper 'Aaabaam.' Hope it does something.
*glances at the spell list for the closest words*
[3+2,1+1] A fair quantity of molten rock is summoned, just missing you and Kletus...

Attempt to prevent Arnok from bleeding out.
If I fail, call dibs on his sack.

[4-1] You delay his death. Assuming the magma (is it technically lava right now? You're not sure if you're under- or overground) doesn't torch him and no one tries to kill him sooner, he's got another turn to live.

-----

As the two in its room leave, the statue lapses into inanimatude. Assuming that's a word.
As for the black pool, you can't help but notice a smaller pool of clear water near it which was missed in the initial description.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2013, 03:07:58 pm »

You might just be accepted instantly, as people are dying off pretty quickly.

That's because magic a shit, my friend. When it doesn't blow up in your face or completely back-fires, it always over-casts and makes the situation worse.

In layman's terms: Magic = !!FUN!!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Finimicon: A Magical Arena. Turn 2 (Time Bought)
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2013, 03:15:59 pm »

"Sentential demonic staff if possible, if not magic staff."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2013, 03:17:13 pm »

Try to break trough the vines and get closer to the pool of clear water. Cast SPELL if anything goes wrong.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2013, 03:36:26 pm »

I initiate plan Magic is Fun

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2013, 03:40:35 pm »

Look into both pools
Ask it
" Can you give me an item?"To the clear pool
Threaten to throw the cup into the black pool if it doesn't answer me
Say word to the other guy in the room

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2013, 03:56:59 pm »

walk through the door into the statue room, fire off a beam of orange at the statues abdomen then dodge back into my room if it hurls stuff at me
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:28:52 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2013, 04:17:18 pm »

'Bah magma, that's not any fun at all is it?  Well I'm outta here' Initiate plan, hot escape.
Nom nom nom

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2013, 05:54:11 pm »

Unless it looks like I'm in immediate danger (eg if the magma/lava is close) carry on trying to save Arnok's life. If the lava/magma gets close or he dies, just grab his stuff and run.
Edit - edited a bit
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:55:06 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2013, 06:04:45 pm »

While other guy tries healing me, blurt out FakFeeFerusFleurGars. Don't point in any general direction.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2013, 07:07:05 pm »

While other guy tries healing me, blurt out FakFeeFerusFleurGars. Don't point in any general direction.
That is a brilliant fucking idea.
Nom nom nom

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2013, 07:08:07 pm »

THANK YOU.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2013, 07:18:32 pm »

THANK YOU.
I bet my characters beard that this will end poorly
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14