Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Finimicon: A Magical Arena. Turn 11 (Successes?)  (Read 16809 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Finimicon: A Magical Arena. Turn 8 (Levels!)
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2013, 11:19:09 am »

Aw sweet, I'm helping kill things. I point both my hands at the blob and shout "Aa Aa Aa Aa!"

You don't have...you NEVER had enough Pool for that!
I need to update Pool. When it's done, you'll be out.

Oh, every word uses up 1 pool? I thought it was every spell. Well then, I punch it.
((The only reason I could use so many words, was that I somehow had a pool of 9.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2013, 03:26:25 pm »

Shrug, carry on searching room.
EDIT - Also cast PM spell
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:20:46 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2013, 09:40:14 pm »

Aw sweet, I'm helping kill things. I point both my hands at the blob and shout "Aa Aa Aa Aa!"
Oh, every word uses up 1 pool? I thought it was every spell. Well then, I punch it.
I was counting each space-separated bit as a separate spell, anyways.

(1 to Agility, what does the SmartPhone of Sirius do?)
Check the OP. It lets you absorb or store spells with a neat, unique app.

((The only reason I could use so many words, was that I somehow had a pool of 9.))
That would be because of how much you pumped your attributes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2013, 12:22:53 am »

Wait, so AaAaAa is different than Aa Aa Aa?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2013, 01:01:27 pm »

Wait, so AaAaAa is different than Aa Aa Aa?
Yeah, AaAaAa would combine the spells effects' and Aa Aa Aa would just cast the spell three times. They each use up 3 pool, though.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2013, 01:44:44 pm »

Not really, I've been using spaces in my spells and the effects are still being combined.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2013, 02:52:51 pm »

yeah I've put spaces in the ones I cast just so it's easier for him to read... but if it doesn't combine them then that sucks, cause thats what I wanted.
Nom nom nom

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2013, 03:45:12 pm »

Well, that's what I'd expect if it's multiples of the same spell.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2013, 05:34:32 pm »

There's also the fact that, with most words, it's really hard to combine them into a single spell. And with the PM'd spells, I guess at what you mean.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Finimicon: A Magical Arena: Turn 9
« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2013, 11:08:37 pm »

Javier's unconscious, of course he wouldn't post a turn...

I point both my hands at the blob and shout "Aa Aa Aa Aa!"
You don't have any Pool.

yell zzyx with the intention of not floating anymore, drag myself across roof or walk if successful
[5+1,2] (Okay...I'm really sorry about this, but this is pretty much the worst word and roll to have period, let alone targeted at yourself.)
You shout your word, then go limp. Your body begins to disintegrate and drift to the floor. Out of the chunks of disappearing mage float his journal, his amulet, and a dwarf-made, onyx-studded fabric gauntlet.
(You aren't floating around anymore, are you?)

Add my point to mind
Search room 6 and take anything I find, than take a drink of the maple syrup liquor and say Words while trying to use the gown as well to bloster my power.  Point towards the far side of the room.
There doesn't seem to be anything in that narrow hall. You drink some liquor and feel your power...blostered. [3+1,3-1+1] You summon a wheel, made of glass and wood. On closer inspection, it is made of a number of little people made of glass, held together in a wooden frame. A couple stick out their little transparent arms and wave at you.

I initiate Plan This Is A Remarkably Bad Idea
[4+2,3] You point at the melee, causing moist branches covered with moister, twitching, tounge-shaped leaves to sprout out of Sirius's body. Some larger leaves also have tiny flowers on them. They start releasing some strange-smelling stuff.

(1 to Agility, what does the SmartPhone of Sirius do?)
Kick out javier again
[2-1] You get stuck in the slime.

Shrug, carry on searching room.
EDIT - Also cast PM spell
[?] The room seems empty. You chat with the mirror some.

-----

How bleak.
The slime holding both Sirius and Javier constricts, [4+1v4+1] not quite dragging Sirius in but finishing off Javier. He melts within the monster, leaving only his wand and a robe. Things aren't looking swell...
Then a man in a strange clothes--a robe, baseball cap, and trenchcoat--enters the room, a scroll in one hand and a metal-banded wand in the other. Pointing the wand at the slime, he states "Quik" and twists the band on the wand.
[6+1,2+2] He summons a skull, which swiftly drapes itself in flesh and glows. He tosses it at the pool, which begins to get less...black, somehow.
It seems we have a new ally...and another, as Rand has joined the party. Ayn't that nice of him?

-----

Get it?
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Finimicon: A Magical Arena. Turn 9 (Deaths)
« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2013, 11:12:09 pm »

I probably would have been swallowed again by the slime.....

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2013, 11:46:12 pm »

I flee from the slime.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2013, 11:46:26 pm »

Ok I spawned... but which room am I in?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2013, 11:47:30 pm »

3.... Everyone spawns in 3

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2013, 12:11:24 am »

Hm... I can believe my plan worked. According to the reverse summoning instructions, I should have magic words, and I kill people to become powerful... sounds fun. Maybe I can use my 10-year old looks to fool somebody into thinking I'm just some kid. But first I see what's around. And test out some words. *Looks at his phone* What? Get Jug? Hahahaha they should've added an "s" onto Jug and then it's be "Get Jugs" hahahaha. I gotta try that out.

Observe what's around me and pick up anything useful if it's safe to do so. Say "Get Jug" while point at wall the wall furthest from me... unless there is something dangerous then point at that.

"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14