Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dogs of War ( New mod )  (Read 2304 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dogs of War ( New mod )
« on: February 08, 2013, 08:06:55 pm »

<0><0><0> DOGS OF WAR <0><0><0>

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I think I need to upload this little mod, I have relized this is a mod I could not find and thought it may be nice to upload it for everyone else.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7386 <<<<< LINK TO DOGS OF WAR

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7387 <<<<< LINK TO DOGS OF WAR (( Description only version ))

What I was tired of was the basic multicolored mutts they have in DF, The dogs with white ears black paws brown head and gold tales... they make no sense ans really frustrated me.

So I started modding it to give them solid colors but then decided to go a step farther.
why cant the dogs take on many shapes and sized?
____________________________________________________________________________________

While I was modding I decided that it was important to keep this lore friendly.
however I had to use real world dog breeds to preserve a mental image.
so as a compromise I listed the greater breeds of dogs, thus dodging any reference to real world locations.
for example -  I would not be using a germane Shepherd since clearly it states Germany, 

The list of dogs is available.

hounds
terriers
bulldogs
pugs
mastiffs
spaniels
shepherds
boxers
beagles
collies
sheepdogs
chihuahua
retrievers
pinscher
greatdane
greyhound
husky
harrier
setter
spitz
dalmation
rottweiler
corgi
pointer

I encurage anyone to try this mod and any suggestions are welcome.
------------------------------

The second link is for those who do not wish the name of each dog to be listed but instead to require looking in the description to locate your dogs breed.  : P  just to be considerate!

I hope you all enjoy Dizzies mod! She will be back with more if this one gets enough attention!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 08:39:59 pm by DizzyCrash »

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dogs of War ( New mod )
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 08:19:49 pm »

And! we are Open baby!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 08:40:15 pm by DizzyCrash »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 11:41:19 pm »

How should I say this... all your dog breeds are one creature, with different castes...this means that your bulldogs will give birth to spitz and your chihuahua give birth to mastiffs... and so forth.

You have to make one seperate creature for each dog race.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Trev_lite

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes the forum for its helpful members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 12:33:29 am »

could you make it so that they will be the same creature but the puppies will belong to the breed of a parent?

that way they can all interbreed but you would not get puppies of a random breed.

no idea how to do this though.

(you could make it so that the toy, miniature, regular and large dogs cannot interbreed but making the breeds not interbreed doesn't seem right)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 12:44:29 am »

could you make it so that they will be the same creature but the puppies will belong to the breed of a parent?
Not really. There is only one way that I can think of doing it, and it would be hoops as fuck. Unless you really want to do some crazy modding work "no" is probably just a simpler answer.

Spoiler: The crazy workaround: (click to show/hide)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 12:47:51 am »

Great list of dogs, but DF has no interbreeding, so you have to make them unique creatures or have corgi give birth to mastiffs.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 01:38:31 am »

this did cross my mind but I rationalizes it like this!
In real life a chihuahua can mix bread with a mastiff it is 100% possible if they were to mate... a tragic process as it is but it is possible.
and since Df animals don't list both parents as marital status is not required for domestic pets when your mastiff gives births to a corgi pup we can only assume your dog found a corgi male and figured out the mechanics for themselves.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 01:45:43 am »

How should I say this... all your dog breeds are one creature, with different castes...this means that your bulldogs will give birth to spitz and your chihuahua give birth to mastiffs... and so forth.

You have to make one seperate creature for each dog race.

yes but if i made them each there own species they wouldnt be able to mix breed at all and in reality if a chihuahua can figure out how to get up there they could make a puppy.
but i do see the problem but i cant see a better salution to be honest... if thy are all there own species your dogs breeding would be alot less common as it will be harder to find that pure bred mate.

perhaps one day i will release a optional download to seperate casts from full creatures for those who cant overlook this little abomination.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dogs of War
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 12:49:25 pm »

I hope the this problem isnt a game breaker ^ ^

gentgeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 02:41:25 am »

Interesting list of dog groups. However, if your goal was to remove real world geographic names, you'll need to take out at least four of them. Great Danes are named after Denmark. Rotweillers are named for the town of Rotweill in southwest Germany. Chihuahuas are named for the city and state of Chihuahua in Mexico. And Dalmatians are named for Dalmatia, on the west coast of the Balkan Pensinsula.