Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Ongoing Neverwinter Nights Campaign, Monday nights 7-10pm PST  (Read 11657 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: Ongoing Neverwinter Nights Campaign, next session: March 18
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2013, 04:00:07 am »

AAR: Korvath
Spoiler: Wall of Text Incoming (click to show/hide)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2013, 04:03:04 am »

@Grey_Wolf: That's the version most people are running.
Can't say for certain, but I believe that the modules that don't come with Diamond can't be played anymore.
Other places dedicated to NWN are better places to look for that kind of info.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2013, 04:14:46 am »

can I play with You guys

Nobody's been turned down so far. But the rest of the party is level 3-4, characters are kept server-side, and I'm not planning on handing out levels. So you might have some catching up to do. The module is ongoing, with new content being added to old, so you could play previous dungeon if need be. Somebody expressed interest in doing that next week. Maybe you could join in that.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2013, 01:35:08 pm »

Guess I'd better post this quick before I'm gone without 'net for the next 3 days.

Grey_Wolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2013, 04:36:23 am »

Hey Guys. Really looking forward to the next session, even if I will end up being drastically under-leveled. If anyone's going to replay the older dungeons, just let me know. So anyway, I downloaded Wyvern Crown of Cormyr and was able to play the full version, although I'm not quite sure if I can play multiplayer and that module at the same time, due to the Servers suddenly realizing "Hey asshole! You don't have matching keys for that!".

Anyway, I was planning on rolling Your typical Human Fighter, Chaotic Good, longsword and board etc.

Those sea serpents you sold me, they won't mate. They just swim around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer sea serpents. I want my money back.

Urist McFreud, Chief Psychotherapist Dwarf, has much to say regarding this statement.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2013, 04:52:23 am »

I'd suggest trying to connect to a few of the Main or Expansion campaign games that can be pulled up on the in-game server list.
Odds are that several of them are running the same version of the game as you, and might have the same CD Key (and therefore, might conflict with the DM or someone else.)
Assuming you didn't get a specifically requested key from GoG, you've got a standard CD key that GoG embedded in their release, which works fine offline.

Also, I was planning on running my character through the 1st dungeon twice to bring him to the same number of completions the rest of the party has.

While I'm not saying don't go for that build, but a few points:
We've already got a character or two in the party using longswords (Not sure if any of them took a weapon focus on it yet though.)
We've got a Paladin, and a Cleric-Tank, a rogue, (and now a Druid with wildshape,) as well as several summons, so melee was actually a bit over-crowded most of the time, (and getting moreso with the Druid.)
No dedicated archer, and only one dedicated caster, so ranged/support is wide open.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:05:04 am by n9103 »

Grey_Wolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2013, 05:36:42 am »

Alright, awesome. I might actually go Ranger then. Thanks for the info mate.
Those sea serpents you sold me, they won't mate. They just swim around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer sea serpents. I want my money back.

Urist McFreud, Chief Psychotherapist Dwarf, has much to say regarding this statement.

foxe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2013, 05:17:00 pm »

Spoiler: "Beardocles" (click to show/hide)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2013, 03:24:10 pm »

Ok, guys....sorry to disappoint, but there's no way I'm going to be able to get the next adventure functional in time, and it's just not important enough to me to keep spending 30+ hours a week to create an hour and a half of gameplay.

So...I've been looking on the nwn vault for pre-canned modules we can use, and while there are thousands and thousands of modules, there seems to be a severe shortage of modules that:

1) Are finished
2) Actually work
3) Are multiplayer

And very many of the of the modules that do meet those criteria are empty husks, with lots of maps but little to no quests, story, npcs, dialogue or much of anything other than maps. Or occasionally, bizarrely complicated skill/crafting/food/whatever systems. Or they claim to be "multiplayer" and really what they are is completely single players modules in which it's not even possible for any more than a single player to have quests, but they throw enough monsters around that a single player can't realistically be expected to complete those quests.

So that's pretty much where we are. I'm content to continue hosting games, but I'm just not going to keep losing sleep investing twenty times as much time into designing games than we actually spend playing them.

So...if anyone has any proposals, let me know. Otherwise between now and 7pm tomorrow I'm going to pick something from the vault and use it.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2013, 02:03:41 pm »

Other than the ones already suggested earlier, looks like there's no new ideas.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2013, 04:21:59 pm »

Heh, yeah... I did try rummaging around the vault a bit, but kept getting distracted by the random dungeon stuff and samurai trolls... and then other games :P

Still, I'm down for pretty much whatever. S'been interesting, so far.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2013, 05:01:27 pm »

Ok, guys....sorry to disappoint, but there's no way I'm going to be able to get the next adventure functional in time, and it's just not important enough to me to keep spending 30+ hours a week to create an hour and a half of gameplay.

Don't sweat it man, you spent almost enough time for a full-time job making some nice content.
You did good. :)
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Grey_Wolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2013, 05:17:28 pm »

No problem Mate, I'm content as it is playing through BG2 at the moment. Are We just going to message each other over the B12 forums when it's time?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2013, 08:16:25 pm »

A few people requested that the server be put up a bit early so they could catch up on levels. Server is now live. I am, however, not really watching it, so don't expect DM interaction.

As for 7pm gametime, I've downloaded several of the proposed modules, and none of them seem suitable, for various reasons. So here's the plan: Come 7pm I'll shut down the server, make a backup of the character vault and we'll put it to vote in our chatroom which module of those proposed we'd like to try. If things go horribly wrong, existing characters can be restored.

http://webchat.freenode.net/ in channel #bay12

IP: 68.225.233.225:5121
Password: bay12

The modules up for vote

Shadowlords
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=1935

Pros:
 * I tried it, so I might be slightly better able to help the game along than a module I haven't tried
 * No level/gear wipe

Cons:
 * Big sections of no combat
 * Contrary to the description, doesn't appear to be designed with multiplayer in mind
 * Everyone will probably have to download the hak pak

Prophet
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=4819

Pros:
 * Includes DM tools and a brief guide. Sounds like it's actually intended for multiplayer play

Cons:
 * Hak pak
 * I haven't actually tested it

Random Dungeon Generator

Pros
 * No hak pak
 * Tested

Cons
 * Seems to be horribly balanced. You will die. A lot.
 * Custom death system resets your character every time you die.

Ravenloft
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=3823

Pros:
 * No hak pak required

Cons:
 * Level and gear strip on entry
 * I haven't tested it at all
 * General consensus in player comments is more or less "good atmosphere, but has some issues"

Grey_Wolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2013, 10:44:02 pm »

Damn, looks like I'll have to sit this one out. I'll see if GoG can send me a unique cd-key.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9