Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Ongoing Neverwinter Nights Campaign, Monday nights 7-10pm PST  (Read 11672 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: Party Forming for weekly ongoing Neverwinter Nights Campaign
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2013, 02:29:59 pm »

Just a heads up, might be late to this session, might not.
Probable date tonight, but it's supposed to be a short one.
I shouldn't be more than 30 late at the most.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Neverwinter Nights Campaign: server test tonight (still room for players)
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2013, 03:43:40 pm »

I'll join, but just as a warning I may have to drop out later (for school reasons)
unless the time is changed to during the weekends.

This is supposed to be an ongoing campaign. At present there's no plan to change the time, and I'm a bit hesitant to allow a player who announces right away that they're going to drop the game unless the time is changed.

I am not saying i will drop, I am saying i may have to drop or miss sessions when midterms and finals come around.
Sorry is i miss worded there and
If you don't want to add me I will respect you call.
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2013, 03:58:15 pm »

i may have to drop or miss sessions when midterms and finals come around.

When will that be? In my part of the world I think that would be Oct/Nov. I think it's pretty optimistic to expect that any campaign of this sort would last more than a couple months.

Missing a session or two shouldn't be a big deal, I just don't want players to show up for the first game or two and then disappear.

In other news, I have access to the DM client via command line, a server up and running and I am able to connect to it via external IP. So things are looking good.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2013, 04:11:15 pm »

There's at least three sessions in most Universities in the US: Fall, Spring, and Summer. So that's up to three sets of midterms and finals.
If he's in one of those, it'll be in the next month or so for the Spring session to start tests.

Sounds like a batchfile to start the server and then the DM client might be a good idea ;)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2013, 04:33:11 pm »

Ah, I just noticed that you changed the time. I somehow missed that until I saw

Reminder:
Playtest in ~7 1/2 hours

It's still a bit late for me, but better than the previous time. Assuming you still have room, I'm in. I'll make a character plan in a bit, have an appointment I have to be at in half an hour but should be free well before the play test time.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2013, 08:45:44 pm »

Guess something more explicit than "strike off the dragon disciple part" is warranted, heh. So, giving it another go? Still interested enough, providing multiplayer manages to work. Incidentally, should the community expansion pack whatsit be downloaded/set up beforehand? Anything else along those lines to prepare on our end?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2013, 09:54:58 pm »

Made a char idea. Been a long time since I played NWN, so hopefully the idea doesn't suck too bad. Making a strength based dual wielding rogue. Plan is to grab a level of fighter and get exotic weapon proficiency at level two and pick up a double sword for added awesome. By making him human and getting 14 int I'll be able to keep all the rogue skills up, although not taking dex as a primary stat may hurt them a little. Stat points are a little limited with the int and the dex and the strength, will end up with 15 dex - I figure maybe I can pick up a +1 dex item somewhere along the way to get the extra 1 AC and skill boosts. I see we may have another rogue already, but an extra can't hurt (and he may not make it). Mine should make an interesting fighter type, although his AC might not be so great.

Spoiler: Cian Kemp (click to show/hide)
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2013, 09:58:56 pm »

EDIT: Ok, server in theory is live. I am connected.

Remember tonight is for playtesting and getting people connected and figuring out what we need to do. Don't worry about making a final character. Nothing that happens tonight will be permanent.

IP: 68.225.233.225:5121
Password: bay12

I'll be on http://webchat.freenode.net/ in channel #bay12

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2013, 07:30:19 am »

People sent questions via PM, please respond via PM. Don't post the answers in thread
Your characters are entitled to have a few secrets, right?

* n9103

Sent PM regarding requested change.

* uber pye

...background story is weak. How do you reconcile having domains of both healing and death? If you were kicked out of the priesthood, how are you still a cleric? What were the radical ideas that got you kicked out? Why did you suddenly decide to build a hospital? How did you go from funding something like that to suddenly being penniless? What are your current motivations, did you give up on building the hospital or is the mercenary work still to fund that? If you're a cleric with a domain in healing who wants to build a hospital, why did you choose mercenary work in particular as the next go-to thing to do?

Story just doesn't make sense.

* Paul

Premise is fine, but need a couple points clarified. Questions sent via PM.

* Frumple

Changes are fine, but need some things clarified. Questions sent via PM.

Please note that character biographies are being incorporated into the module, so we do need them finalized a couple days before game night.

Current party appears to be:

* Hati Norvegus, True Neutral Human Female Druid, played by DeKaFu
 * Alagoth, Chaotic Good ?Halfling/Elven? Fighter, played by n9103
 * Sam, Neutral Human Wizard, played by foxe
 * Cian Kemp, Chaotic Neutral Human Rogue/Fighter played by Paul
 * Semli Conforge, Chaotic Neutral Dwarf Bard, played by Fruimple,
 * uber pye -- cleric pending revision

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
Re: Ongoing Neverwinter Nights Campaign: Starting Mon-25th
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2013, 02:57:28 pm »

Name: Merin Wistyn
Race: Halfling
Alignment: Chaotic Nuetral
Diety: none in particular
Class: Sorceror, with the possibility of a bit of rogue

Bio: Naturally gifted with magic from a very young age, she worried her parents and most of the burrough. They tried to discourage her use of them with extra chores and work in the fields, though that never stopped her from practicing them in her free time.

She has since decided that life cooped up in the burrough wasn't for her, and wanted to see the world as well as be able to practice her abilitities more freely. And an incident that caused the townsfolk to banish her, might have aided in that descision. Besides it could've been anything that spooked that pony into a wild panic that badly injured one of the citizens, not just her spells.

Edit: Name updated
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:56:17 pm by Patchy »

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2013, 12:01:35 am »

I rewrote my character's back story here is the public part

A wander teaching his ways of life and death, Manual is a refugee after a civil war broke out in his native land. Manual has now traveled here, [insert starting town here], where he has stared anew becoming a mendicant and mercenary to escape the chaos.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:41:48 pm by uber pye »
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2013, 09:43:01 pm »

Name: Not sure yet,

I need names for scripting purposes.

Bio:

Bio is kind of generic, but functional. Party presently has six people in it, so if you give me a name I'll add you to the waitlist.

General update: module is presently 750k, with 6 areas so far. I'm actually very pleased with how it's progressing. The toolset is a bit strange at time, but it's very flexible.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2013, 09:58:55 pm »

I need names for scripting purposes.

Updated the post with the name.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2013, 01:54:25 pm »

Updated the post with the name.

Approved and added to the waitlist. I recommend you show up on Monday. If somebody doesn't show you can take their spot.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2013, 07:17:08 pm »

Would anyone be available to help with a scripting test in an hour or two? There are some uncertain issues with quest rewards that I'd like to pin down.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9