Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Ongoing Neverwinter Nights Campaign, Monday nights 7-10pm PST  (Read 11664 times)

sinj1107

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check: Neverwinter Nights Campaign
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 11:33:26 am »

6 to 9 am GMT on a Friday or Saturday for me as well, any class for me ^.^

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check: Neverwinter Nights Campaign
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 08:26:51 pm »

I've updated the OP. Everyone who wants to participate, please read and submit a character.

I'm interested in joining this. May I play a rogue?

Yes. The party will definitely need one.

Interested! Hard/softcore?

Could you be more specific? At the moment I'm thinking something long the lines of moderate RP, moderate hack and slash, moderate-to-heavy puzzles/traps.

6 to 9 am GMT on a Friday or Saturday for me as well, any class for me ^.^

Excellent. If you're not particularly attached to class, feel free to wait a bit to see what others submit. The system is rather flexible though. For example, if the party has no fighters I can tone down the difficulty of encounters. If you have no healers you can buy potions and rest after fights.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Party Forming for weekly ongoing Neverwinter Nights Campaign
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 10:35:00 pm »

Looks fun. I'm confused at your time, though - you state 6-9 AM GMT on a Friday or Saturday, but the first post says Sunday (Which would put it at midnight Saturday where I'm at). Midnight is a bit late to start for me in either case, though, so I probably won't be able to join you guys.

Depending on how long the game is expected to take, I'd be able to start 6-9 or so CST for Saturday and play until around 11 PM at the latest (that's midnight GMT Saturday through 3 AM GMT Sunday, and 5 AM GMT as the latest end time).

I'd be ok with staying up a bit later (maybe starting 6-11 or so and ending at around 12 or 1am CST) if it was on a Friday evening, since I always sleep in on Saturdays anyway.

Will have to see if others happen to have similar time constraints, if not I'll have to pass and wish you folks the best of luck. NWN is a fun game, especially with a good group and DM.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 10:47:50 pm »

Oh... interesting.  I'll refresh my memory a bit then put a character together.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 10:53:52 pm »

Might regret being up that late, as that is 1-4 am for me. But I can probably make it provided I don't fall asleep earlier.

As for class, I can roll with most anything, and can take my pick from whatever is leftover or needed.
As for the rp part, I'll give it a shot. But I wouldn't expect anything beyond a fairly generic backstory.

Are we going to need any hakpaks or the CEP?

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 10:57:37 pm »

Why did I watch this thread but not post sooner.
*kicks self*

But hey better late than never.
So, which version and what expansions? It'd be quite cool to know if I can actually join this or not.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 11:01:18 pm »

i'd like to reserve a spot, i'll submit my char info later

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 11:39:08 pm »

you state 6-9 AM GMT on a Friday or Saturday, but the first post says Sunday

Late PM Saturday in Pacific timezone is early AM Sunday GMT.

(maybe starting 6-11 or so and ending at around 12 or 1am CST) if it was on a Friday
Might regret being up that late, as that is 1-4 am for me. But I can probably make it
Will have to see if others happen to have similar time constraints

...well, I did ask people to submit playtime preferences yesterday, but nobody responded so I proposed a time that was convenient for me and somebody said that was fine.

If we have a whole bunch of people available at a different time, I'm willing to host at a different time...but people need to speak up.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 11:44:44 pm »

The time is fine, I can make it, I'll just end up sleeping in the next day. And it won't be the first time I've stayed up entirely too late playing some game, nor will it be the last.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 12:03:27 am »

you state 6-9 AM GMT on a Friday or Saturday, but the first post says Sunday

Late PM Saturday in Pacific timezone is early AM Sunday GMT.

Yea, what confused me was you said "6 to 9 am GMT on a Friday or Saturday"

6 AM GMT on a Friday would be Thursday PST, on a Saturday it'd be Friday PST :P

I hadn't noticed the thread sooner or I would have posted yesterday, been sick with a cold so haven't felt much like reading forums. Just laying around feeling miserable and watching TV mostly, heh.

Whatever time you guys decide on is fine by me, I just won't be able to make it if it's too late. I didn't expect to be able to play with you guys based on the time posted, I just figured I would post when I would be available just in case that ends up being possible for most people. The important part is if the time is convenient for you, you're the host - don't feel bad if you have to leave me out  ;)
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2013, 08:24:49 am »

I have a few more questions.

Are we playing in an already existing setting or are you going to be making one just for this campaign?

About how fast do you think we'll be getting xp?

Will we be using any expansions will we be using? Which ones?

Will we be using any hak packs? Which ones?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 09:54:52 pm »

Are we playing in an already existing setting or are you going to be making one just for this campaign?

Heavily custom Forgotten Realms, and we'll be adventuring in the Moonsea region. It's the setting I've been using for all my tabletop games for the past ten years or so, so I already have an established region history and political structure for the various powers.

About how fast do you think we'll be getting xp?

Difficult to guess. My DMing style is to build a world and give players a very long leash. As DM my job is to make sure everyone is having fun, not to write a story and then railroad you through it. So rate of level gain will largely depend on the party. Part of the benefit of building modules from week to week is that I'll be able to respond to what interests you guys. Until I know what that is, it's difficult to know what sort of pacing we'll have.

Will we be using any expansions will we be using? Which ones?

Version 1.69 with both Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark. If you've lost your CDs there's a copy of the GoG 1.69 Diamond release that has conveniently been backed up for you by friendly, helpful people on the internet and is available via torrent.

Will we be using any hak packs? Which ones?

Most like we'll be using Community Expansion Pack, but that's one of the things I'd like to test on playtest night. I remember CeP slowing games down beyond usability but I assume that 10 years of computer upgrades will make that a non-issue.

Also, I haven't set up a NWN server in I'm not even sure how many years, so I'd like to confirm that we can actually do this before investing dozens of hours building modules. In particular I really don't remember how character save continuity works for characters saved on the server. I'd like to keep character saves so nobody gets ahead of the party by playing outside the campaign, but I'm not sure what the implications of that will be when it comes time to switch modules. I don't know if the best option is to build separate modules and transfer characters between them, or make a single persistent world that we add onto from week to week. The plan is that on playtest day we can sort that kind of thing out.

foxe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 10:47:00 pm »

I'm game.  I'd prefer friday pst over saturday if that isn't set in stone yet.  Also would prefer an hour or two earlier.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 02:16:53 am »

Aagh...
Well, I have NWN Diamond and I've always wanted to try joining a role-playing game. I also have a lot of free time right now...
But I'm not terribly good/experienced at roleplaying or NWN, and frankly I tend to get extremely anxious when chatting real-time with strangers.
I had a druid/shifter back in the day which I was using to run through the main campaign with a friend, but I was very much playing it like a run-around-and-kill-things game without much understanding of the mechanics behind it.

I'm still really tempted to try signing up for this, though, assuming having a complete noob in the group wouldn't ruin everything. :P I'd probably be a druid again if so.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9