Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Breath attacks  (Read 661 times)

Dcutean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Breath attacks
« on: February 08, 2013, 04:53:40 pm »

Do you know a way that I can make a material emission which will shoot blood at an opponent like a bullet? I've tried both liquid and solid glob but they don't really hurt the enemies. Would I need to use a different material? Again, any help would be appreciated
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Breath attacks
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 05:16:05 pm »

Right now the "bullet style" attacks aren't very powerful, usually only resulting in minor bruising. You might have some luck making the material that it shoots be very heavy, but other then that I don't really know of anything that can make those attacks more powerful.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 05:52:42 pm »

Right now the "bullet style" attacks aren't very powerful, usually only resulting in minor bruising. You might have some luck making the material that it shoots be very heavy, but other then that I don't really know of anything that can make those attacks more powerful.

Eh, I've died to them before.

You want LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD as a material with a LIQUID_GLOB.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 06:20:24 pm »

Like previously stated the liquid globs are weak. The solid dust attacks are also strange since they make everything, including the one that uses them, be thrown around at random. This often kills forgotten beasts.

Seems like the true damage they can do at the moment are the syndromes in them or the temperature of it. You can insta freeze or burn away the target if you want. Problems with that is that the exhaled stuff, including temperature, affect the user as well unless it has the tokens to prevent the damage.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 06:32:08 pm »

Solid globs could work too...

Dcutean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 06:38:41 pm »

problem is, I can't make them travel quickly, so both globs don't work. How should I make them immune to their own breath attacks?
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.