Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How can I make a creature attack that slices like a sword?  (Read 792 times)

Dcutean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How can I make a creature attack that slices like a sword?
« on: February 08, 2013, 02:26:33 pm »

I can't find a way to alter the attack contact percentage or attack penetration percentage to cut through flesh like a sword. Any and all assistance is appreciated
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How can I make a creature attack that slices like a sword?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 02:57:34 pm »

I recently asked a question like this and the first response should do it:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122658.0

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:INDULGE_IN_MYSTICISM:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 03:13:29 pm »

Here is another similar answer that describes what you need to edit to make a body part weapons grade.

The solution I gave HavingPhun is cosmetic - no stronger than scratching with nails, but uses the lower arm body part and converts the attack into an edged slashing attack using the body's own statistics. If you are using stock body parts (he was using a buffed up creature that should make the simple cosmetic change highly effective), the attack in the first reply will not be as effective as a sword.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 03:17:45 pm by Avelon »
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Dcutean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 03:55:24 pm »

Thank both of you, now I can make Senji from Deadman Wonderland as a playable character.
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.

Dcutean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 03:58:00 pm »

Also, as you both seem very knowledgeable, do you know a way that I can make a material emission which will shoot blood at an opponent like a bullet? I've tried both liquid and solid glob but they don't really hurt the enemies. Would I need to use a different material? Again, any help would be appreciated