Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons via roll20.net  (Read 7425 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 05:34:31 pm by Remuthra »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons via roll20.net
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2013, 05:36:04 pm »

I was going to suggest a 20 point-buy, because random stats are just a bit too unwieldy.  For wealth I'd suggest 'none-to-little' like in the range of 50 or less GP.  In compensation, you can equip some 'standard' sort of gear.  Like, armor, weapon, shield, backpack, rope, rations, waterskin, dwarves don't care about lanterns.  First order of business for the campaign should probably be something like 'stumble upon a bandit encampment on our way to town' so there's a chance to earn some loot and basic combat before moving towards the market.  Either way, for gear, just be reasonable.  Like, scale or chainmail TOPS, a one-handed weapon, and a shield.

For setup, I was considering 'outcast from the mountainhome' to explain several dwarves trollopsing off together.  Either outcast for some reason or maybe just a party sent out to bring back wealth and knowledge.  In that case, we could all get 'standard' arms of Hide Armor, Dwarven Axe, and a Light Wooden Shield.

All subject to DM's discretion.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2013, 05:42:08 pm »

Attributes: 28-Point Buy
Wealth: Last I checked most classes list a roll for starting wealth. You can just use that.
Health: 1st level is max, roll thereafter.
Traits and Flaws: No.

Edit: Regarding wealth. If you're using the d20srd.org your starting gold will not be listed. If this is the case for you, let me know and I'll just tell you.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 05:47:06 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2013, 05:45:31 pm »

28 point buy is quite a few points...  Wealth is listed per-class on rolls, but being DM you can say whatever you want.  Especially if we're sort of meant to be in uniform via plot, then we can do whatever is reasonable.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2013, 05:49:18 pm »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2013, 05:53:17 pm »

Level?

Oh right, 1.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2013, 05:55:52 pm »

28 point buy is quite a few points...  Wealth is listed per-class on rolls, but being DM you can say whatever you want.  Especially if we're sort of meant to be in uniform via plot, then we can do whatever is reasonable.
28 points are actually fairly low.

Spoiler: Example Distributions (click to show/hide)

To clarify: Each ability score point from 9-14 costs one point each. 15 and 16 cost 2 points each and above 16 costs 3 points per ability score point up to 18.

As far as wealth goes, however...
You are right about that. Rather than roll, everybody has 150gp to spend on starting gear.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2013, 06:03:36 pm »

8, 14, 14, 16, 8, 8

That's 6 points left. Not sure if I should put them into Int or if I should further buff Con and push Wis a bit.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2013, 06:04:14 pm »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2013, 07:00:47 pm »

Is there still room, and if so what are the current PC's and the current time this will be played at?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2013, 07:15:37 pm »

Steam group is up to 7 members, though that's not all players and that's missing some players, so no idea yet.  I know that two of us plan on being wizards, the rest will likely go into more martial combat schools.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2013, 07:17:55 pm »

Remuthra you are hilarious. That's not how age works and the point of rolling in invisible castle is you can, if you know how and they take absolute zero precautions (like yourself), see what previous things the person has rolled.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2013, 07:18:49 pm »

Remuthra you are hilarious. That's not how age works and the point of rolling in invisible castle is you can, if you know how and they take absolute zero precautions (like yourself), see what previous things the person has rolled.
...it isn't?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2013, 07:35:25 pm »

Er. No. To get a dwarfs swordsage starting age you would roll 7d6+40. And no one starts with age modifiers. Although no one really cares what you put your age at so long as you don't like totally abuse the system or make a char that is going to die tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7