Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons via roll20.net  (Read 7439 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Dungeons and Dragons via roll20.net
« on: February 07, 2013, 11:38:55 pm »

Essentially, want to set up a game.  I'm a total noob, and there's probably a lot of people here in the forums who haven't played, have barely played, are out of practice, or otherwise nooby.  To that end, let's set up some Bay12 D&D!

I really don't have anything concrete planned right now, since I'm not experienced enough to DM or anything, but I'm sure someone around here would be willing.  Since I've just learned the game rules, though, I can help explain them to people who are unsure.  (It's really a lot simpler than it looks at first, everything follows one core rule.  It's like Robot Unicorn Attack - you only have one button to push!)  So if anyone is totally new, we can discuss how to get started, and set up a timeframe to get together and who's gonna do what.

That's all I've got right now.  Anyone interested chime in, and we can figure things out from there.  Sorry this is already starting so disorganized, if I were more competent I'd be offering to DM and have a more concrete plan set up.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons via roll20.net
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 12:52:37 pm »

Bump I guess?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 01:04:22 pm »

Generally speaking, a lack of GMs is the biggest deficiency that B12 has when it comes to D&D. So when you come and say that you want to play, but you can't GM, and that you would like if someone else stepped up and GMed.

Well. I think you can understand why that no one is really interested.

That's not to say it never works. Occasionally a game gets started by someone asking if anyone wants to GM and someone else stepping forward. But generally a vast majority of the time, the people who want to GM, are already GMing.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 01:05:09 pm »

Give it a moment, it took half a day for people to really get interested in mine, and I only said simple dungeon crawl. Plus, you did kinda post this late at night(my time at least!)

My suggestion? If you're really new at DMing, it might be a good idea to do something along the lines of a simple 1st level monster hunt through a 10-room cave. You'll get some more interest, get some experience DMing, and can easily expand on it after the cave's been cleared
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 01:07:28 pm »

Of course, your game is a actual game, not just a request for one.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 01:13:10 pm »

Well, I started with an interest thread similar to this one where I was also not sure I'd DM(I haven't had the greatest success DMing), and I eventually said "Screw it, guess it'll be yet another game I'd abandon!(which has happened to every other game I've started)". So far, though, it's been by far the furthest a game I've run has gotten, and I'm hoping to at least get it to last the entire first floor(still many, many, evil traps I wanna use!). So Girlinhat, go ahead and try your hand at DMing, the worst that happens is you just don't keep the game up and everyone finds another game
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 02:22:45 pm »

Ok, I guess I can DM if you really need me to. What I have in mind is a simple no frills adventure through a short 10 room cave. 1st level, core only, only enemies probably orcs(might throw in a couple surprises tho :P), you start at the cave entrance. This should give people who've not played much plety of experience

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 02:30:23 pm »

I would be interested in this
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 02:34:02 pm »

In. I vote for an order of the stick style setting, or in other words, Genre Savvy.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 02:36:26 pm »

I might be interested in GMing, but given my schedule I don't know how available I'll be.

Do Thursdays at around 6pm EST work for anyone else?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 02:44:45 pm »

That would be fine for me

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 02:46:13 pm »

Thursdays are fine.  If I were to suggest a theme, it'd be, well, Dwarven.  Armor and tower shields.  So any given player should consider getting into something dwarven and something armored.

If we're gonna do a theme.  If it's a free for all, then whatevs.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 02:48:29 pm »

I'd be interested in playing. I could also help out people that need something from some of the books too.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 02:48:52 pm »

Works for me.
I'd DM if needed, though I'm not a real experienced DM.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 02:49:39 pm »

Just checking what edition are we planning on playing and I would prefer if we didn't have a theme really
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 02:51:50 pm by Kansa »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7