Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Age of Wonders 3: Game out March 31st!  (Read 6956 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Wonders 3: Announcement is live!
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2014, 06:50:36 pm »

I've only really played Shadow Magic. Played a Demo of the first game a few years back and it seemed really fun, although I think my brain was missing the point.

The only real issue I had with SM is that all the tier 1 and 2 units were samey. Everyone has a pikeman, a swordsman, and a cavalry. Dwiggs mod shakes stuff up to change that all around and it does a fantastic job. Trouble was, it had some unfinished graphics (such as the werewolf was just a big empty space.) God damn I loved that game though.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2014, 03:01:53 am »

I loved Warlock Master of Arcane and I see this game has its charm and much more. I really like how Landship removes forest on tiles it travel through. There seems to be a lot of new mechanics that I've never seen in other 4x fantasy games.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2014, 05:59:20 am »

The only real issue I had with SM is that all the tier 1 and 2 units were samey. Everyone has a pikeman, a swordsman, and a cavalry. Dwiggs mod shakes stuff up to change that all around and it does a fantastic job. Trouble was, it had some unfinished graphics (such as the werewolf was just a big empty space.) God damn I loved that game though.
I think they did a good job of differentiating everyone's pikemen, swordsmen, and cavalry, though. Terrainwalking, different Res/Def distributions, and the occasional resistance or other minor special ability gave them all fairly distinct flavors, I thought.

Technically movement could also go here, but that stat's primary effect on me was to cause me to despise slow races.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2014, 02:50:32 pm »

Of course, be fair, were English swordsman really all that different than Italy's?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2014, 03:13:57 pm »

Of course, be fair, were English swordsman really all that different than Italy's?

Kinda, ya. Different schools of combat.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2014, 03:16:02 pm »

Training and equipment?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2014, 03:20:22 pm »

Training and equipment?

Yup.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2014, 09:43:18 pm »

So both Steam and GoG offer pre-order at the same price. I really want to support GoG but it's nice to have all your games on one platform (Steam). Decisions, decisions.

Will the pre-order exclusive scenarios be available as separate DLCs later on??
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2014, 02:09:43 am »

I don't think they've said, but I'd not be surprised if they were.  And if not, someone would probably do their best to replicate them with the level editor.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2014, 07:18:06 am »

So both Steam and GoG offer pre-order at the same price. I really want to support GoG but it's nice to have all your games on one platform (Steam). Decisions, decisions.

Well, you can always add the game to your steam library (although if you're changing computers or what have you, without the old hard drive, you'll of course have to download from GoG again).

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Wonders 3: Game out March 31st!
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2014, 01:28:18 pm »

For reference, the videos I've found most informative were: Dreadnaught, Archdruid, and some guy's beta let's play (5 parts, possibly breaches NDA, mostly German voiceover).  Also Rogue, purely because bearded dwarven succubi :P
Watched the archdruid video, surprisingly entertaining. Probably why it's right beside the cinematic trailer on Steam.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2014, 03:16:06 pm »

Quill18 (Canadian Youtuber/Livestreamer) has been playing some of this recently. Looks really good, like it'll replace Disciples 2 as my favourite fantasy TBS. :3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2014, 03:50:20 pm »

Whelp.  First there is a new Star Wars flight sim, now Age of Wonders 3.  I hope and pray it is as mod-friendly as AOW.  I still like to sit down and put together maps.  I never did finish my Silmarillion mod before my computer crapped out.

Definitely interested. 
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2014, 04:27:41 pm »

Whelp.  First there is a new Star Wars flight sim, now Age of Wonders 3.  I hope and pray it is as mod-friendly as AOW.  I still like to sit down and put together maps.  I never did finish my Silmarillion mod before my computer crapped out.

Definitely interested.

I'm pretty sure they claimed that there will be a map editor (no idea if at launch or not, but I guess so), so modding would be possible.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2014, 06:30:10 pm »

Quote from: Deathsword

I'm pretty sure they claimed that there will be a map editor (no idea if at launch or not, but I guess so), so modding would be possible.

AOW2 had a map editor,so that's basically assured.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4